It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrX11111

Just found an updated story. The guy sounds like a kook. Of course, the kookier the better for certain purposes. The "former policeman" who bought Levenderis' foreclosed home claims the guy told him about the poison in the freezer! Here's the link: www.ohio.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Major correction on Levenderis...the Dad is a retired school teacher. I re-read the article. Sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
Just found an updated story. The guy sounds like a kook. Of course, the kookier the better for certain purposes. The "former policeman" who bought Levenderis' foreclosed home claims the guy told him about the poison in the freezer! Here's the link: www.ohio.com...

wow, the follow-up story had a lot more
details than the first press.

So the guy was living in a nursing home.
hmmmm

And he boasted of making the stuff and
how he did it.

well to me that sounds like it's not connected
to Dugway at all. Or any other military base.
So basically we have no info on where ANY
of the missing chems are. Just a description
of who they say took it. They know their names
but jackwagon hasn't shared that yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Big thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIA now on the ball.....16:44 01-02-11
U.S. briefs Wall Street about potential al-Qaida threat

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrX11111

You really didn't read my post at all, did you?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
After being engrossed in this thread and the corresponding one by jackwagon on the other site for the past few days, I finally had a decent nights sleep last night. Until i woke up at 4:32 AM from bad dream, it concerned fireworks during halftime at the Super Bowl and dead birds falling from (supposed) fireworks in AR. When I sat up in bed, thinking of what I dreamt about, suddenly there was a very bright flash of lightning and then thunder outside the bedroom door. A snowstorm was rolling into Dallas area and pelted us with Ice and Sleet.

I think this was all just in my mind and not a premonition. Well, let's hope so..

edit on 1-2-2011 by Heatrae because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So... any word on Ashley?

After all we have her to thank for this long thread getting very interesting, very quickly

I've been told that Ashley did not lose her job because of the tweet. That she has been written up and reprimanded though.
I was also was told that Dugway were still searching employees after the "missing" vial was found. Now that's interesting.
Also that the official story might not have got out were it not for that tweet and screenshot.
Figured that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Alright... so let the conspiracies begin!

I just find this disturbing... that 6 days AFTER the Dugway incident, our media here in Utah, specifically targeting the Salt Lake County area, with warnings regarding an outbreak of "Whooping Cough". Depending on where you are located in the county, you would be roughly anywhere from 60 - 100 miles from Dugway.

I've now seen two reports on the evening news here about it and they must have stated at least a dozen times, "Highly contagious" and to "get vaccinated ASAP". And not just children, mind you... adults too.

This one sure has me scratching my head and wondering. It could be nothing. It could be something. But it doesn't feel right to me. Anyway... here are 2 news articles about it.

Pertussis (also known as whooping cough) is a highly contagious respiratory infection marked by severe coughing. Adults and adolescents may not even realize they have pertussis, which to them may just seem like a bad cough. However, while those patients usually recover, the illness can spread to not-yet-vaccinated newborns that are most at risk of severe complications from the disease.

From ABC4

Salt Lake Tribune Story

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Going to run a test don't worry side effects may include nausea and loss of appetite just kidding

Does the following sequence/code look familiar to anyone: Z9CL28

If you are aware of what it is please U2U your responses.

With Respect

Mr X

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrX11111

Does the following sequence/code look familiar to anyone: Z9CL28

Yeah, sure it can be found here: 216.23.226.9...

But what does it mean?

There are modified nerve agents, and concentrations of VX far more dangerous than you may imagine...

It isn't who, why or what happened here that should cause alarm... It is what can be done with it.

Could be a real "game changer" eh?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Pertussis?

Common, nothing unusual.

They do have one particularly nasty bug at Dougway (I've been told) and it is a modified and weaponized variant of Smallpox... If that were ever released it is rumored to be >90% fatal, spreads rapidly and could wipe out a select population in a relatively short period of time.

If something like that went missing from Dougway, there would be much more than a lockdown.. Possibly beginning with a state wide quarantine, sealed borders and red zones (really bad place to be).

They like to play with some really bad stuff at Dougway.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Not to be *such* a conspiracy theorist, but how would one know if the vaccine they were receiving actually was for whooping cough? And isn't this still a standard vaccine still given to infants and children? If so, and that vaccine wasn't enough to provide immunity, what was the point?
When there is a rabies outbreak in an area, people aren't advised to get their animals re vaxed, prophylactically- only if there's a reason to think they may have been exposed to it directly. And not always then.

There's no point in worrying about this, but this doesn't really look good either.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

What is more odd that the number Z9CL28 just came into my mind out of thin air

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I found this article worth reading
and what's worse:
It came from the CFR website

Could terrorists use VX?

It’s unlikely but possible. Synthesizing VX is complicated and extremely dangerous. It requires the use of toxic and corrosive chemicals and a sophisticated chemical laboratory. Still, the Japanese doomsday cult Aum Shinrikyo, which recruited trained chemists from Japanese universities, managed to synthesize small quantities of VX to use for assassinations. Terrorists lacking access to trained organic chemists might be more likely to steal a munition containing VX from a poorly guarded chemical weapons depot. Breachable depots may exist in Russia.

If terrorists obtained or produced a significant quantity of VX without killing themselves in the process, they might try to spread VX over a large, highly-populated area. But experts say that because of the hazards involved in handling VX, terrorists might turn first to other forms of attack.

www.cfr.org...

and how bout this tid bit from the same link

Has VX ever been used?

Although there is no conclusive evidence, some experts and an Iraqi defector say that Saddam Hussein used VX against Iranian forces in the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq War, and then again in a 1988 chemical attack on Iraqi Kurds in the town of Halabja. That massacre reportedly killed 5,000 people and created serious health problems for thousands more.

There is an anti-dote for VX
it's called Atropine however, it won't do u
much good while under a gaseous attack unless u
inject it directly into your heart just
like Nicholas Cage did at the end of
The Rock. That part of the movie was
true.

The antidote, atropine, is a toxin itself but it counteracts the effect of the VX by removing it from the enzyme. It is an anti-nerve agent so does the reverse of the VX, a nerve agent. It is normally injected into the arm or thigh but for gaseous attacks the atropine must go immediately into the heart. So full body protection and gas masks are essential to avoid exposure in a VX missile attack.

www.3dchem.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
reply to post by fw2011

this year so far feels like a movie, so many things are going down to keep track of, ufos, dead animals, volcanoes, quakes, shootings, things are getting to pick up the pace, you can feel it , things are getting worse working up to something bad, anyone else gotten this feeling since the newyear? and i havent seen alot of threads about this crazy weather we are having, snowstorm after snowstorm , five stories of snow has been plowed in ny and thye are running out of places to plow it!! they have declared a state of emergency twice since dec 26th. we are in some interesting days, and we will be witness too astonishing things this year and the following years to come , of this im sure

No offense but that has been the sentiment of this board for the past 6 years that I have been here and probably throughout its existence. It is the nature of the posters of ATS to always think something is going down around the corner. It's in our nature.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I hate to necropost, but to miss a chance to explain the unexplained is to miss the point.of ATS, even if it takes a while. I came across this through some radio research, and it solves the "mystery" of the large cage at Dugway raised earlier in the thread: en.wikipedia.org...

It is an "elephant cage," a large, direction finding antenna.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightShift
It is an "elephant cage," a large, direction finding antenna.

They also have ECHELON uses

From your link..

'It was used by the military to triangulate radio signals for radio navigation, intelligence gathering and search and rescue"

There is a really big one in Misawa, Japan - NSA - Code Name Ladylove

+40° 43' 22.91", +141° 19' 43.57"

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for addtl info. Hopefully the ARRL will build one so we hams can locate and destroy uppity CB modders who poach on our bands

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well the big game is just a few hours away, but i ran across this DHS - Joint Task Force - Security Threat Analysis for the Super Bowl. You can download the PDF (15 pages). Page 6 and 7 are worth a look as they deal with the possibility of faked credentials and posing as security

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustinIowa
Ok, let me put it this way about an army base.

Lets say, hypothetically, you are a supply sergeant at fort jackson. You are in charge of an arms room (where they keep the weapons that privates shoot)

Say your count comes up one short, you recount. If that comes up one short, you recount again.
Then you ask to see if any Drill sergeants are using it, but they are not
Then you check with the other companies in your battalion.. not there

Then your battalion commander has to call the brigade commander, who calls the post commander. Post commander gives you 1 hour to find this missing weapon (its an M16, which compared to a chemical or biological agent.. is like a pea shooter) or the post will be shut down. No traffic in, no traffic out, until that weapon is found, PERIOD.

This goes for civilians, military, la de dadi EVERYBODY

This is how a military base can be locked down.
I have also seen a military base (ft sam houston and I assume many others) on lock down after 9-11. It was a wild experience.

What Im saying is, not EVERY time a military base gets locked down, is for some end of the world reason.. and of course, not every time a military base gets locked down is it for a small minute thing like 1 missing weapon.

PS.. the supply sergeant (not me) found the weapon mixed in with dummy weapons (fake) in a bay, within the hour looking.

Your definitely right. But For Dugway, I highly doubt its because of a misplaced weapon.

For clarification purposes:

Dugway is a stage 4 facility that focuses primarily on chemical grade weapons testing and storage. They are also a training ground for both Homeland Security personnel and the military personnel. It could be a number of things that has happened. All of which are NOT good. This type of facility would not go into a lockdown for a training exercise or any small issues.

This facility being under lockdown is a serious issue. The initial base is a 2 hour drive from Salt Lake City. From there, the facility branches off into different divisions. The one I know of is the training facility. From the main base, it takes another hour of driving by van to get to the training grounds.

That being said, this facility is rather large and has a vast underground network. The lockdown of Dugway is not a good thing nor should it be taken lightly.
edit on 2/7/2011 by silvertip83 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join