It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That's what also intrigued me about that article/news video...

The source was anonymous as well... which opens up other possibilities as to why the story is a bit odd..

Is it intentional? or is the guy relaying the truth? Still alot of unanswered questions, and I believe that the work of members here and across the internet actually forced the military to admit to VX being the reason of the lockdown.. Had that information not circulated as quickly as it did, I doubt that they would have ever mentioned the source of the serious concern.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

Yeah, I read that story when I came to that post. It was very unsatisfying as far as any kind of substantial answers go.

I'd like to know how likely it is for anyone to be allowed to leave a base that is on lockdown due to a scenario such as this.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Jack, what i found odd about that article
was the fact that those 2 individuals who were taken
off the shuttle bus and returned to the main building.
That individual (without saying who he was) said they
questioned him and his buddy about an incident
that happened a month ago.

Now, with all the tests and checks they do
on a daily basis, how could this stuff have been
mislabeled and misplaced for a MONTH ???

You see how the OS does not match up ????

They locked the base down when they found it missing.
But question folks who accessed it a month ago.

Go read the article again. It does not state that there was an incident a month ago. It states:

After two hours in line to leave the post, he found out from security guards that he and another person in the van were on a list for a second round of questioning because they had been in the chemical lab within the past month. "They took us back and the vanpool left without us." He wasn't on his way home, for real, until Friday at noon.

With that ... I do feel that the story they have fed is a complete line of bull. This goes much deeper, IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

well there is a big difference in asking questions
of them cuz they had access within the last MONTH,
than saying the last couple DAYS. So they were
implying it didn't happen recently but up to a
month ago. It's still very suspect given the US
Chemicals safety protocols of a daily inventory.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
Has this been posted? It is news to me. Note the date and time.

www.fox8.com...

"Dangerous material" found in a Summit County, Ohio home. Story posted just after midnight on January 26.

That is interesting.

"Leathel to humans","experts who speciality is NOT just limited to chemical & biological",Are fox being cryptic in articulating that,in that manner? "We want to make sure it is ((IM?)" cant distinguist,but sounds like he was going to say something & realised,so naffed his word)
It is possible that this could have been something very old, maybe even WWII meterial?

I found a revolver in a box in a shed when i was 6 after we JUST moved into a new house,the police did ask me something,i remember not,& praised me for finding it)

Questions i would like to find out if i was in USA & had the $ for expences;

Would be 1 how long ago did the new occupants move into the property? What markings did the container have? What was the condition of the container? Where was it found on the property? What were the previous occupants Jobs? What were their belife's? i.e. Nazi's? Who'm their friends & family/neighbours are/were.
edit on 31-1-2011 by hrmmm because: correct chronological contex

edit on 31-1-2011 by hrmmm because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

holy crap !!!
thank you for posting.
due to you I went back
and read that article again.
There is a connection here.

Those items found in OH were found on Jan. 26, 2011

Dugway went into lockdown on Jan. 26, 2011

the very same day !!!! What r the freakin odds
of that happening all in the same day ???

So an assumption here: the chems found
in Ohio were traced back to Dugway and they
went to do an inventory and found they were
missing.

that means at least some were found BEFORE the
base went into lockdown.

Special haz-mat teams were brought in from
VA and PA to help with the chems.

Holy Crap !!! forget about the Superbowl !!!
Sounds like they were headed to Washington DC.
or NY with this stuff.

And there is no friggin way you could get this
type stuff from Dugway to OH in 1 day. It was
stolen before. But how long before is the question.

They did not post a list of the materials recovered
from OH so we do not know how much chem agents are
still left out there. And nobody has been arrested in
this case that I know of.

We may not be out of the [snip] yet.

That would also give more credence to jackwagon
when he stated that several chem bases in the US
went into lockdown.

to date, I haven't found anything jackwagon said
to be untrue.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Stolen VX is a great livrage against those that are looking for you, now what would be a great place to test it. A giant gathering of people for a sport event or a totally unaware crowd of protesters? Hmm.................. I would say they would do it in Egypt but the security there is massive sense USA offered support. Are they crazy enough to release it like that? only time will tell

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Another report on the incident to peruse...

Dugway Nerve Agent Was Misplaced, Army Says

The lockdown of the U.S. Army's Dugway Proving Ground in Utah this week resulted from a minute amount of VX nerve agent being improperly shelved, the Associated Press reported (see GSN, Jan. 27).
Base commander Col. William King said the 1 milliliter of the chemical warfare material was not at any point unsecured, merely misplaced in an incorrectly marked container on Tuesday following laboratory testing.
Officials were alerted to the situation following a regular inventory review.

It mentions that the two folks who last handled the VX were being interviewed by the FBI. I thought that the military had it's own investigative section to handle events on a military installation. Is this an anomaly, or could it be that the two workers are govt employees working at the base and fall under a different investigative authority?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

But the agent was handled the day earlier.

Post commander Col. William E. King said the nerve agent was never unsecured but had been incorrectly placed in a mislabeled container after a test on Tuesday at a base lab. The error was detected during a routine inventory check.

Source
It just wasn't noticed until Wednesday.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The house is Ohio had a cannister of Ricin in it andthey arrested the previous owner was arrested:

www.ohio.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Another report on the incident to peruse...

Dugway Nerve Agent Was Misplaced, Army Says

The lockdown of the U.S. Army's Dugway Proving Ground in Utah this week resulted from a minute amount of VX nerve agent being improperly shelved, the Associated Press reported (see GSN, Jan. 27).
Base commander Col. William King said the 1 milliliter of the chemical warfare material was not at any point unsecured, merely misplaced in an incorrectly marked container on Tuesday following laboratory testing.
Officials were alerted to the situation following a regular inventory review.

It mentions that the two folks who last handled the VX were being interviewed by the FBI. I thought that the military had it's own investigative section to handle events on a military installation. Is this an anomaly, or could it be that the two workers are govt employees working at the base and fall under a different investigative authority?

I would assume that if the military story released was true then the military would be interviewing thoese responsible for the mix up.
If it is the FBI that is interviewing them then i presume the federal government has appointed agents to persue this as it has not been resolved.

oh:from other link posted: " However, 'Army and FBI' investigators were still talking with the pair on Thursday to determine what went wrong".
edit on 31-1-2011 by hrmmm because: more info

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before but one hour prior to the lockdown there was a sighting of unidentified flying objects in the direction of dugway proving grounds:
ABC reported about it:

Original video:

Another witness video:

edit on 31-1-2011 by hinsch because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2011 by hinsch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by UtahRosebud

well there is a big difference in asking questions
of them cuz they had access within the last MONTH,
than saying the last couple DAYS. So they were
implying it didn't happen recently but up to a
month ago. It's still very suspect given the US
Chemicals safety protocols of a daily inventory.

I agree with you!

And they have made it clear that this stuff is not inventoried and accounted for on a daily basis. That alone is cause for EXTREME alarm!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijaqd
OK first off, long time lurker and avid follower but first time poster, to the OP BRAVO and CONGRATULATIONS you have created the thread to finally make me post, great scoop, btw it takes DAYS now to read all the posts to catch up but well worth the time!! S&F

Secondly, EXCELLENT work ATS'ers, the way you all contributed was simply amazing to read, very nice work, congrats to all of you as well, your excellent detective work also contributed to me actually throwing in a post.

Now...

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
Has this been posted? It is news to me. Note the date and time.

www.fox8.com...

"Dangerous material" found in a Summit County, Ohio home. Story posted just after midnight on January 26.

Wow, that is VERY interesting. I did find it strange that they said "They recognized the substance as a potentially lethal material and immediately contacted the FBI." and then shortly after this they state ""We certainly won't disclose what we think it might be because it's only speculation. We want to make sure it's dangerous substance to begin with," Wilson said."

Now if the property owner could identify it as potentially lethal (one would assume it must be labeled then, since I don't believe the property owner is also a part time bio-chem engineer), does this tie in directly with the "mis-labeled" vial of VX. Very curious, nvm the fact that this was washed over and never picked up in the MSM.

[/quote

There could be a link here. Makes alot of sense. Thanks for jumping in to the discussion!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Apparently, it was just a coincidence that the FBI raided that house for WMD and the base was locked down the same day. Either than, or the FBI is obfuscating the situation to prevent people from linking the missing VX Nerve Gas and the house raid.

Stranger things have happened.

edit on 31-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by headb
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Zorgon - I am a military type and I am also "We The People" too - I am still part of the human collective and I worry about chem and bio hazards on a personal level that you will never understand. I do not think this is chicken little at all - as a matter of fact I understand that a lockdown of this nature for so long was not just a missing tool incident or situtation normal.

Military types are also concerned. We are vast in number and diverse. Some even vote for democrats! We are all colors, and a lot of shapes despite physical fitness requirements. We are straight and we are gay. We worship or don't worship a variety of Gods and dieties. We are high school drop outs and Ivy League educated. We are all these things, and we have families that live in the world too. Nobody to include 99% of the troops enjoy War. We serve for a variety of reasons, and are far from a brain washed subculture. Don't be so ugly.

"TheBirdisDone reply to Zorgon"

Dramatic post. Starred.

Wish there were more of you "types" to post here to clear the fog. Most people, me included, don't trust the zombie military mind set - kidding. Okay - I wont be "ugly" too. Thanks for sharing.

No offense Mr. Zorgon. You're classic too.
edit on 27-1-2011 by headb because: added quote

edit on 27-1-2011 by headb because: cleaning up

edit on 27-1-2011 by headb because: yes

Well there are plenty of us here and I have posted a few thoughts earlier on in the thread. Maybe you didn't read all the posts. Can't blame you there ARE quite a few.

It's not to blow my own horn....I posted my perception based on actually being at the facility personally.
edit on 31-1-2011 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
OK there is soo much wrong with this whole story, IF you were to swallow the "official" story, then this is cause for alarm, if the engineers have become so lazy and de-sensitized to the fact that you can just put a vial of nerve agent anywhere and think it's no big deal (regardless of the amount) then they need a large overhaul of their complete management and handling procedures, they have better accounting and inventory checks in your local McDonalds.

Now I do not swallow the story myself, there is way more to this.

Anyone local ever hear a peep more about the pregnant woman?

According to that last story, they did say she left at 10pm and was taken to the intersection of I-80 and Skull Valley Road by ambulance and then air lifted from there.....WHY? They do have medical facilities there, and they do have doctors on base, even if they aren't ob/gyn's they did go to medical school and could handle a pregnant woman. So they do this big breach of lockdown, aka quarantine, security procedures to let her leave, who drove the ambulance? Base personnel or local EMTs? So they either let more people out or they let someone on the outside in and then out again?

Looking at Google maps it is a long haul from the proving grounds to this particular intersection, 70 miles, and there seem like a lot of more convenient places to transfer the woman before driving way up there. Kind of seems like they really wanted to make sure nobody saw this transfer. One of the members that live in the area would know better, but wouldn't it make sense to actually drive the woman to the hospital via Stark Road instead of hooking a left at Dugway and go all the way up Skull Valley Road to put her in a helicopter to fly her to the as of yet unnamed hospital?

Has any of the people waiting at the gates confirmed the ambulance to begin with, and does anyone have a way to check with the local fire and rescue to verify the ambulance or with local air traffic to see if there was really a helicopter?

Just too strange that they would say "pregnant woman", which as mentioned earlier would be code, then drive 70 miles to hand the "pregnant woman" over to a helicopter....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

Are you calculating the mileage from the front gate? If so, wouldn't there have been a report of a vehicle leaving?

If the vehicle didn't depart from the front gate, where did it depart from? That is a huge base, what is the closest distance from the perimeter of the base to the handoff point on the interstate?

I am speculating as well.. but I agree, the entire story is not being told, not that I would expect them to.. I think the acknowledgement of the VX was due to the internet that night as evidenced here and elsewhere...

I guess we just have to keep our noses to the ground, and see if anything else surfaces

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I was doing a little digging on Global security and ran across something that maybe of interest to those researching this incident in Dugway and others. The first is a long really long report on triage of chemical agents, but has a good rundown on the effect of some of these nasty critters and bugs we work on: www.globalsecurity.org...=http://www.globalsecurity.org/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/webinator/search/pdfhi.txt?que ry=Nerve+gas+accident&pr=default&prox=page&rorder=500&rprox=500&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=500&rlead=500&rdepth=0&sufs=0&order=r&cq=&id=4d1fb0ad22

The second is an interesting report that was released when there was a chemical accident during a Syrian missile test jointly done with Iran including casualties. www.globalsecurity.org...

These are scary devices and even though this was a mislabeling incident "allegedly" these two things bring more reason for caution on these things.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hinsch

Very interesting, almost identical behavior as the Temple Mount UFO on 1/28/11, red lights from some larger craft with white orbs dropping slow out of the bottom. Need to figure out which direction they were filming because it could easily be in the same direction as the base while it was in lockdown, or the intersection where the "pregnant woman" was picked up.

We know lockdown was started at 5:30,
UFO sighting 7:15-7:30,
The "pregnant woman" is off base at 10,
around midnight Ashley somehow gets a tweet out (still keep in mind her previous employer of Booze, allen)
and at 3 AM they locate the missing vial

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join