It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

Just a little perspective; I, personally, was kept on "lockdown" for three days over a a pair of night vision goggles that were discovered to be stolen from a secure locker. The solider responsible was very, very quickly identified but until the actual goggles were located (at a nearby pawn shop - no, seriously) we were all prevented from leaving our company area. In our case that was a hanger on a flight line.

The military takes security of any sensitive (I didn't say super-squirrel-secret stuff) items very seriously. We once lost a M-60D over the side of a Blackhawk. The entire exercise was given a "pause" (everything stopped, dead) until we found that weapon..... which took dam near 12 hours.

There are many practical reasons for such a move, none of them sinister. If the cause was something secret-squirrel, you wouldn't know about it & we wouldn't be discussing it.

Sorry to throw water on the fun.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
crazy... just watched that UFO hunters "area 52" episode all about dugway a few days ago...

very intersting things going on there indeed..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm really tired so, help me out here.

chicken little, yellow bird goo ( I did read about that)...but, how does the rest correlate to my post???

I'm really curious.
edit on 27-1-2011 by MagesticEsoteric because: spelling

edit on 27-1-2011 by MagesticEsoteric because: Deleted the word 'Dude' from my vocabulary

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I posted this in another thread. I just wanted to make sure the info was here too-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53a8eb3b1369.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/effdcddc49ef.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e234779f86c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/171dfad4ffec.png[/atsimg]

which means this person posts from a smartphone or a phone that is tracked by twitter/fb
and is located at "5298 Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35808" according to the link

edit on 1/27/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/27/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
OK my husband just enlightened me on quarantine and how they go about getting things in like food medical and supplies for example.

A crew will drive the food or items to a designated area, they will unload the items being dropped off and then they will leave the same way they got in, now the ones in quarantine will come out and collect the goods.

Too simple why didn’t I think of that last night

You are describing a biological quarantine for a infectious organism.

Yet the reports are that the lock-down was for VX agent a chemical weapon.

Infectious agents incidents are not handled the same as chemical incidents.
All EMTs in the US are trained on both and know the differences

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
www.godlikeproductions.com...

the date on this link is 7 days ago and a reported leak that killed someone.... hold on......

this is getting fishier

-------------
That thread is dated January, 2010, hon.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

The cage you are talking about is called an elephant cage antenna or the AN/FLR-9. It's not really a cage it doesn't hold anything it's an antenna array.

The AN/FLR-9, operated by the Air Intelligence Agency, is part of the DOD World Wide High Frequency Direction Finding System. High-frequency radio communication signals travel to receivers over the horizon by bouncing off the ionosphere. The shell of ionised particles which surrounds the earth refracts the signals so that they return to earth rather than disappear out into space. The clarity of the signal received depends on atmospheric and topographical conditions. HF-DF stations detect radio signals from aircraft or ships, and calculate the direction, or line of bearing, of the radio transmitter from the direction finding antenna. When the same signal is received by two or more antennae, the intersection of the lines of bearing mark the transmitter's location, using either precision single station location (SSL) capability, or in a network of DF stations using both multi-station azimuth triangulation and SSL. High Frequency Acquisition (AQ) and Direction Finding (DF) operations are performed with the Narrowband System (NBS) and Wideband Direction Finding (WBDF) Subsystem in support of normal and degraded communications modes, using both adaptive reception and super-resolution direction finding techniques.

Quote Source
edit on 27-1-2011 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

wow... lol how on earth did we all miss that rofl

Ex

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am just in awe at ATS for the way this thread has been used to inform ,
with links ,excellent insights and continuing commentary.

I am also waiting for a reasonable explaination.......for such a lockdown.

edit on 1/27/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I’m not sure I suppose the procedure changes with circumstances.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Yes, interesting indeed, so how is it that this person knew exactly what was going on and tweeted about it???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cb9c757d5b4.jpg[/atsimg]

...as shown in the above pic.

When nobody else in the outside world had any idea what was going on?

"Still under a lockdown at dugway for 6.5 hours and counting. Apparently a vial of VX Nerve gas is missing. I just want to sleep :-("

How could she know that if she wasn't there and tweeted about it hours before any official statement was made? Curiouser and curiouser...
edit on 27-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: official

edit on 27-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: full quote

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

The solider responsible was very, very quickly identified but until the actual goggles were located (at a nearby pawn shop - no, seriously) we were all prevented from leaving our company area. In our case that was a hanger on a flight line.

The military takes security of any sensitive (I didn't say super-squirrel-secret stuff) items very seriously. We once lost a M-60D over the side of a Blackhawk. The entire exercise was given a "pause" (everything stopped, dead) until we found that weapon..... which took dam near 12 hours.

Sorry but that's funny...
I'm sure you know the amount of equipment the US military has lost or missplaced..
If they stopped every time to find stuff they would never leave base...

Ex

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Between 1,200 and 1,400 people were inside the facility at the time. They included military personnel, contractors and civilian workers. About 850 people live on the base.

Post commander Col. William E. King said the nerve agent was never unsecured but had been incorrectly placed in a mislabeled container after a test on Tuesday at a base lab. The error was detected during a routine inventory check.

VX is just one of numerous deadly chemicals tested and handled at the base. A persistent chemical agent, VX can be "very deadly" if it makes contact with the skin, but the amount of material in the misplaced vial was so small that only a few people might have been affected, King said.

Yahoo News

Why do I feel like I just got a white wash job??
edit on 1/27/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Why do I feel like I just got a white wash job??

Because you did

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have read every single page of this post and am truly impressed by the research performed and evidence presented by several posters. However, it also spawned a truly scary thought that I just can't shake...What if this entire event was orchestrated by TBTB just to gauge the internet community and it's ability to uncover information posted on the internet. Possibly providing ammunition for an internet "killswitch". Which they would definately want to have in place if there were exisiting plans for such an event...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by truthwilout

just like blackjack....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My best guess would be that there was some threat or another. That's what usually does it. Being a military family, I could think of many things that could cause such a reaction, and would be that it's cleared up quickly. They take base security seriously these days. Even elevated threat levels nationwide can cause bases/posts to increase security at the gates. Anything more immediate, lockdown.

For those living and working there, hope they clear things up.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted yet, but I located an update to the story:

Missing Nerve Agent

No one in danger, they claim, and it was apparently located. So, not some outside threat at all. Good call, all who thought it was related to their activities.

Ah, I see on scanning more posts that this information was shared already.
edit on 28-1-2011 by LadyGreenEyes because: additional commentary

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted but thought I'd share it anyway (I havent time to read the entire thread...)

Dugways explanation

The lockdown ended thursday morning. Even if it was as they said 'a mislabled vial' I still view that as very serious! Despite what they say. How many times have they potentially missed something like this in the past? What if it happens in the future and they DON'T spot it? Someone's in trouble methinks!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

Looks like one of the aliens got out again. I keep telling them they need to install thermal cameras outside the holding cells so they would realize the futility of activating their cloaking devices before transforming into a liquid and sliding under the doors. Stupid Air Force. They need to shutdown the Stargate program - too costly and dangerous.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join