It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Mr Mask

Let me make it clear to you the PRECISE the moment you completely failed.

Page 27, Post # 10429733

(by Mr. Mask)

I love people when they say things are facts...but actually its based on bad research and guess work.

Nobody has proven a military employee from that based has posted anything about VX gas.

That's where you not only chose to disregard the facts that had been clearly laid out in the form of screen grabs and links, but you also attempted to discredit the work presented as bad research and guesswork. That was not only insulting, but a complete mischaracterization.

Then, despite the preponderance of evidence that the Twitter user was in fact the US Army Testing Engineer, you make a statement that attempts to completely undercut that link which had already been solidly made.

Why you would be making such statements is beyond me, but what ever the reason, the result was completely counter to ultimate truth which has since been admitted by the US Government.

edit on 27-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

I did all my research when I found Ashleys tweet. I followed all the dots from a post on another forum and decided to search VX nerve gas on Realtime. Ashleys tweet was the only one there about the lockdown. What struck me as very odd though is that it wasn't posted to her profile, only on realtime so I grabbed the screenshot.
I was shocked when I went back and it was removed and her account was deleted. I had already read Ashleys bio and the supporting evidence to believe that she was who said she was.
I am a freelance writer at hubpages.com...
This was well thought out before I posted this info about the tweet.
Investigative reporting is not my normal thing but when something interests me like this did I dig deep.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by Advantage

Incredible quality of posters we have here these days.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing you know.
Do you have anything to add OTHER than it's all ok and normal?
Because i don't believe you.

Yeah funny how we get 'military' posters saying 'chicken little' AFTER the event has cooled down
What a joke eh? On a conspiracy site yet.

I too wonder about some posters. Where were they when it was going down to tell us it's all normal

If you read, that was posted BEFORE it all cooled down and no one said it was all okay and normal. Wow.. tell people to exercise a little caution or tell them what really happens when lockdowns occur and they sure twist it for all its worth.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Now i really appreciate you both trying to wave it off like "nothing" ... but it isn't. Since the US GOVT lies all the time, you can hardly expect us to be good sheeple and just accept anything they say, like "it's alright now". Or are you suggesting we should have some tea and wait for the nice men in HAZMAT suits? Seriously, tell me if thats what you suggest? If not, what DO you suggest, to avoid being the object of you scorn?

Yup I agree. Seems some of these military types that are 'fed up' with the concerns of the people have lost touch with the fact they they are supposed to be PROTECTING the people, not ridiculing them for being concerned.

Fortunately these types are in the minority. Maybe there would be less conspiracy and 'chicken little' threads if "We the People.." could once again feel we could trust those that are supposed to be watching over us.

But then with Agent Orange having been tested over American and Canadian cities and the other nasty incidents in the Dugway past... we would be really STUPID not to show concern over a lock down

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theartistchick

reply to post by Mr Mask

Let me make it clear to you the PRECISE the moment you completely failed.

Page 27, Post # 10429733

(by Mr. Mask)

I love people when they say things are facts...but actually its based on bad research and guess work.

Nobody has proven a military employee from that based has posted anything about VX gas.

That's where you not only chose to disregard the facts that had been clearly laid out in the form of screen grabs and links, but you also attempted to discredit the work presented as bad research and guesswork. That was not only insulting, but a complete mischaracterization.

Then, despite the preponderance of evidence that the Twitter user was in fact the US Army Testing Engineer, you make a statement that attempts to completely undercut that link which had already been solidly made.

Why you would be making such statements is beyond me, but what ever the reason, the result was completely counter to ultimate truth which has since been admitted by the US Government.

edit on 27-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

I did all my research when I found Ashleys tweet. I followed all the dots from a post on another forum and decided to search VX nerve gas on Realtime. Ashleys tweet was the only one there about the lockdown. What struck me as very odd though is that it wasn't posted to her profile, only on realtime so I grabbed the screenshot.
I was shocked when I went back and it was removed and her account was deleted. I had already read Ashleys bio and the supporting evidence to believe that she was who said she was.
I am a freelance writer at hubpages.com...
This was well thought out before I posted this info about the tweet.
Investigative reporting is not my normal thing but when something interests me like this did I dig deep.

She may have been told to take it down, thought about it and took it down, or it was taken down for her. I guess where I am concerned is that she obviously seems young and her career is OVER if she was busted... for telling the truth. Thats what sucks..
It always irks me when they stay so closed mouth about drills and lockdowns. FOlks have families.. they need to know SOMETHING. People in the surrounding towns need to know they arent in danger or to know if they are. I was pissed, though not as pissed as the husband when he was locked down 36 hrs this last time. It wasnt until he was a few hrs late from work that he was allowed to call me. Thats not right IMO. Even when there is nothing at all going on thats dangerous they do the same thing. Silence.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Hasn't it also been shown that this is also the very place where the Anthrax attacks originated from almost a decade ago?

I mean, it showed up in the mail for 2 congressmen (or something, Daschle(?)), it was a huge story, and threat and then all of a sudden, faded from the MSM, never to be spoke about, again.
(and, I think there were specific ties to the two guys it was sent to - memory fading)

Yup we get the news flash and then it fades from memory and history, till the next time...

Don't worry though... everything is 'normal' Go on about your business, nothing to worry about... dead sheep you say? Oh they were frightened by fireworks and ran into a truck...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Indeed, where were they? Last time I checked, the U.S. Government, and all branches of our military, and three letter agencies are here to serve we the people. We pay their paychecks.

This whole situation was a prime example of how NOT to handle a crisis when it comes to our military. They should NOT have the ability to bring down a wall of silence purposely stopping the flow of information. We have a right to know what's going on, no matter how dire the consequences.

Would it not have been better had a military public relations officer come forward and explained what happened right away and reassured the public that they indeed had a handle on things, thus preventing wild speculations and possible panic due to rumor and the like? And I don't mean by coming forward using purposely vague statements stating "something happened, nobody is in danger, we got this." How irresponsible of our military to keep the public in the dark.

They are so intent on keeping the public from panicking at all costs these days it is absurdly ridiculous.

We sign your paychecks. And we the people can take them away. I believe that laws need to be created preventing our government and military leaders from continuing to keep the public in the dark about how they are spending the money we give them, which should include policies to keep them from using fear tactics and technology to silence any other humans. And in emergency situations information is vital to everyone, we need to dispose of the "need to know" policies our military and governments have created.

/end rant

"...you can't stop the signal..." -Mr. Universe

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sorry folks if this is a repeat, but, it appears is an inventory management problem with some of their
chemicals. Not sure if it is actually missing or just an inventory issue. Great info here as always.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

WHo knows the truth and dont hold me to it because its r-u-m-o-r.

Now that IS funny..

You crying for people to stick to the facts and you toss in another rumor

Tweety Bird has a word for that "Hippotwit"

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

As a respectful follower of both yourself and Boon, I really wish the personal infighting would stop. You can make your points and be strongly behind them without typing personal attacks onto the screen. You have made your opinion of Boon clear, ad nauseum. Let it rest already, please. Both of you have valid things to say and it is great that you each look for different info and different facts, etc. This keeps things going and keeps things honest. It is not necessary to make sure that we are told over and over again how much you distrust or dislike or what have you the posting style of another. We heard you the first time. Thanks guys and keep up the great fact finding mission!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow... took me a loooooooooooong time to get caught up in this thread, from when I went to sleep last night! LOL

The noon news here in Utah is still on and they started the broadcast with the story. I'm watching KUTV and they stated that although the lockdown has been lifted and they are allowing people into the base... employees leaving the base, have not been let out yet. They are undergoing "extra security screening". Who the hell knows what that means, but WHY????

Additionally, in 17 minutes, the base will be giving a press conference. KUTV already said they would have those reports on the 5:00PM and 6:00PM news. I'm hoping one of the big networks will be covering it. But doubt it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer
reply to post by Advantage

interesting to note that the last post on that twitter account before it was deleted was that she was "watching family guy with her brother, and it being dumb"..or something like that.. i saw it with my own two eyes

so shes in her car, watching family guy..with her brother.. tweeting about vx.. then has an 'oh shoot' moment and frantically starts deleting all her various accounts? ok...

It is interesting, but I've never seen a screen shot of that tweet about the Family Guy. I actually browsed her Twitter account before it got deleted and never saw that post. I saw the VX Tweet, saw it disappear, and then the account got closed.

Even if that Family Guy tweet did exist, it had to have been her vain attempt to obfuscate her location, but then she obviously realized how futile it was and so decided to completely delete her account.

If she hasn't been busted for making that tweet yet, she's probably shaking in her boots right about now and HATING this thread.

Here is a screenshot of her Twitter account before it was removed. I caught this one too.
picasaweb.google.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
here's the bbc's take on it all

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

WHo knows the truth and dont hold me to it because its r-u-m-o-r.

Now that IS funny..

You crying for people to stick to the facts and you toss in another rumor

Tweety Bird has a word for that "Hippotwit"

Wow.. youre a strange one. I qualified why I posted a rumor. Thats far different from making garbage up and posting it as fact.. as had been done for pages of this thread. Im not allowed to post anything I guess because I do not agree with you 100 percent correct? If anyone posts anything you disagree with or can twist in that little head of yours they are fair game? Your tact is to go after individuals and make it personal...like your little friend here who also has a bad habit of calling names as if he were in grade school..... not things/theories you disagree with. You always make it so personal and Ive seen you do it over and over on this board. You like to pretend there is a bad segment of poster out there who are govt agents and shills.. simply for having a different opinion.. and Ive seen you say "they" are a minority over and over. If you say it enough it becomes fact for you I guess.

ANyway, go for it Mr Ego. Im off of the net for a bit. Real life and all. You can post whatever twisted crap you can make up unhindered... as you have quite frequently in the past.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I realized after the first few pages, I'd have to take the morning off work to find out the outcome, so I'm posting this for people just joining.

Missing Nerve Agent Led To Dugway Lockdown

A missing vial of a nerve agent led to a 12-hour lockdown at Dugway Proving Grounds...
..."No one was ever in danger,"

Misplaced vial and somebody is likely hoping they still have a job or don't get demoted.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
is upi a credible news site? can you find that s tory somewhere else?
edit on 27-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

United Press International is a credible news source here's another one for you: www.chicagotribune.com...

And another: www.sltrib.com...

So yes multiple source confirmation on this one missing nerve agent was the cause, all clear sounded. Agent found according to the sources.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Golithion because: Mystery solved.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Still haven't been able to call my friend. Maybe its like the internet has been here. I saw a post about VX and the only thing I can say is that at least VX is not self replicating, it isn't alive.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
they just used the internets idea of what was going on lol, the real reason will never be known
but in all seriousness, that would add credibility to the twitter story, i stand corrected,has that girl posted on face book since this happend?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
is upi a credible news site? can you find that s tory somewhere else?

Yes, UPI is one of the main sources used by all the MSM as is API and Reuters. Reuters has been caught in bad reporting a few times, but I don't recall UPI ever having an issue.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i got a feeling that woman is going to have to put her resume back up

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join