It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

I have been in some operational missions at DPG. That place is pretty crazy.
Lots of secret testing going on out there all the time as well as special operations training.
Excellent place for those type of military operations. It is way out in the middle of nothing.

The place is pretty spooky too. When you finally get to the heart of the base it is still like a ghost town.
Emptied old base housing and empty admin buildings. Then you have all the 'operations' going on near the new runway and beyond in the 'training' grounds. I have been all over these type places and this place by far gave me the creeps. Don't know why exactly but similar to going to an old ghost town but worse. Can't really describe it.

Anything could be going on there currently. My guess would be there was some sort of accident with a classified project and they need time to clean up and possibly debrief. I am not aware of any NBC facilities there but I may not have been privy to that. It could be, but I don't know. They would never actually use any NBC items in training for real...well....anymore that is...they (military) already got busted for that long ago.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Nope cough cough they keep some pretty neat stuff in those files as specially on Project Starg cough cough the technology is kept hidden in 5 locations at 5 different bases on 8 different levels cough cough minefield schematics cough cough there are other scientists involved not from around here cough cough.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
reply to post by cantsee4looking

having food brought in would suggest that the lockdown will be even longer.. and the guy on the phone sounded so tired, didn't sound like he had any hope of the lockdown ending anytime soon

It suggests BS to me. How can you have a "lockdown" and be bringing things onto the base or flying something/someone out and possibly be allowing communications? I've never been in the military, but that is absurd. What, there is no food left on base after only a few hours???

Obviously something/someone left the base, later something/someone entered the base.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
reply to post by crashbehr

I have been in some operational missions at DPG. That place is pretty crazy.
Lots of secret testing going on out there all the time as well as special operations training.
Excellent place for those type of military operations. It is way out in the middle of nothing.

The place is pretty spooky too. When you finally get to the heart of the base it is still like a ghost town.
Emptied old base housing and empty admin buildings. Then you have all the 'operations' going on near the new runway and beyond in the 'training' grounds. I have been all over these type places and this place by far gave me the creeps. Don't know why exactly but similar to going to an old ghost town but worse. Can't really describe it.

Anything could be going on there currently. My guess would be there was some sort of accident with a classified project and they need time to clean up and possibly debrief. I am not aware of any NBC facilities there but I may not have been privy to that. It could be, but I don't know. They would never actually use any NBC items in training for real...well....anymore that is...they (military) already got busted for that long ago.

Hey Spirit.. Id posted earlier, but since I hadnt been to this particular base myself.. maybe you know for certain. Im hearing that there are only 2-3000 personnel on base.. does that mean military or cov, contractor and enlisted? The reason Im wondering is #1 so Im for certain not posting wrong and #2.. seems to me that the less people available to witness the easier to contain scuttle and leaks. Ive been to bases that were ghost towns too.. and bases that look like a metropolis-like country club.. but it seems like Dugs in particular is an odd base. I also was told that the majority of the base is a wasteland for testing.. as in deserted scrub.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Dugway Army base was locked down due a vial of VX nerve agent missing, was found at 3 a.m., more to come on fox13now.com

- @Fox13Now

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ayoss

BREAKING NEWS: Dugway Army base was locked down due a vial of VX nerve agent missing, was found at 3 a.m., more to come on fox13now.com

- @Fox13Now

It must have been a pucker moment when it was "misplaced". I can only imagine whats going to happen to the person who misplaced it. I figured that it wasnt really stolen and released if it WAS vx.. the base woudl still be locked down IMO and no one would be allowed on to be exposed to it. Old Dugs is really racking up the mishaps..

Amazingly ol Ashley told the truth.. and is about to pay for it.

Actually it doesnt trump the sheep fiasco.. this was never released and was misplaced.. I had to edit..
I know of a base that "misplaced" anthrax.. and it was removed from the base and used. I think we all know of it by now. It being misplaced doesnt mean stolen..
edit on 27-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
nevermind

edit on 1/27/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

what exactly is a P5 facility??
thx ...

link   
so the lady who did the twitter post was right it was a vial of vx around a 1millileter

www.sltrib.com...

link   
reply to post by ayoss

umm were did that vx go ?person one asked what ???? responds person two,
person one the vial of vx??? where is it???!!
person two you gave me a vial marked yx not vx.
we better report this, start counting.
FUBAR!!!! i just live to close to that place, good find it is about time they say more than just unknown reason ye right, the second the bell sounds the lights go on they know, will we,??

link   
i need something that wont get lost like vx vial that wont get tossed rollin on too you

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There ya go! Confirmation. Now I can agree with facts.

So, a vile of VX did go missing and the tweet was legit. First off, I am shocked. Secondly, that is terrifying.

Now that this has been "confirmed" the mystery is over.

And no, I do not feel I have made a mistake in waiting for confirmation.

If everyone believed every tweet ever posted, the world would be a pretty naive place.

With that said, I'll eat my crow now and enjoy it.

Also- Now that we have proof that VX was missing, what the WHAT!!!?

If this stuff starts appearing and killing people world wide...well...It was nice knowing yall.

MM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by ayoss

umm were did that vx go ?person one asked what ???? responds person two,
person one the vial of vx??? where is it???!!
person two you gave me a vial marked yx not vx.
we better report this, start counting.
FUBAR!!!! i just live to close to that place, good find it is about time they say more than just unknown reason ye right, the second the bell sounds the lights go on they know, will we,??

We had just about your exact same scenario at the Sands.. 7 hard drives with sensitive data "misplaced". Seems it was misplaced in the room over when some transcom guys were switching offices. Yep.. you guessed it.: lockdown.

Ive always wondered if they will ever sound our air raid sirens if we have a problem here at the base close to me. We dont live on base but we have mil and contractors all over living here. Every time the tornado siren goes off to test.. we wonder if its the raid siren or the tornado one. I honestly doubt we'd ever be alerted to an event and only told something afterward..

link   
i had to read on what it was for everyone like me heres a link to cdc
www.bt.cdc.gov...

link   

- @Fox13Now

yep thats the offical story to shut the curious masses from asking more questions. perfect story too if the initial tweet was a redhering. no better spin to put this to rest.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

So, a vile of VX did go missing and the tweet was legit. First off, I am shocked. Secondly, that is terrifying.

If everyone believed every tweet ever posted, the world would be a pretty naive place.

If this stuff starts appearing and killing people world wide...well...It was nice knowing yall.

MM

It was "misplaced" and "found"... make of that what you will.. LOL! One thing we do know is that its not being used or spilled base on any citizens. Im all for overreactions when it comes to deadly schedule 1 nerve gas..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
# Following contamination of food with VX, people can be exposed by eating the contaminated food.

maybe that why food was brought in???

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You got the feel for it right. Total waste land. Good training grounds for spec ops which is why I was there.

2-3000 almost sounds like too much. I can pretty much guarantee that number if accurate includes contractors.
You will have issues trying to pin down actual numbers there. It seemed that there were very few actual personnel stationed there. My perception was that there are always operational training going on from all over the place. Foreign military as well. This place looked like there were more people TDY for training than actual stationed there.
On any given week there can be tons of military all over, then you'll see nothing. Lots of guys come in via parachute and train for however long then jump on a C-130 and go back where they came from. Rinse and repeat. Then you have the civilians with new R&D prototypes out there either testing their equipment or demonstrating their capabilities to spec ops or demonstrating during a spec ops training mission etc...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Mr Mask

MM

It was "misplaced" and "found"... make of that what you will.. LOL! One thing we do know is that its not being used or spilled base on any citizens. Im all for overreactions when it comes to deadly schedule 1 nerve gas..

Until it's no longer under lock-down and the employees are all accounted for and able to go to their respective homes, I'm holding out on buying that story 100%. But, yeah... even if it were true, still scary as heck.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

- @Fox13Now

yep thats the offical story to shut the curious masses from asking more questions. perfect story too if the initial tweet was a redhering. no better spin to put this to rest.

Yay!!! Hysteria over.. and if anyone knew how many times things are "lost" and you dont hear about it for 20 years youd puke. Ive seen enough factual threads on that subject right here on ATS that I realize its unnervingly common. ANyway.. WooHoo No zombie appocalypse.. though for some thats a let down.
TY for staying on top of it

Its great some of you guys are so fast at getting the info out here.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join