It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hopefully this is not a prelude to a chemical/biological false-flag.

Please please please please... I hope this turns out to be nothing... or a drill...

Or at worst a zombie virus release...

edit on 26-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by Schaden

Dugway has a P5 facility. If they are locked down something bad is happening.

What's a P5 facility ? Is that like something out of the Andromeda Strain ? Do you have a link to where I can read about it ?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ok, let me put it this way about an army base.

Lets say, hypothetically, you are a supply sergeant at fort jackson. You are in charge of an arms room (where they keep the weapons that privates shoot)

Say your count comes up one short, you recount. If that comes up one short, you recount again.
Then you ask to see if any Drill sergeants are using it, but they are not
Then you check with the other companies in your battalion.. not there

Then your battalion commander has to call the brigade commander, who calls the post commander. Post commander gives you 1 hour to find this missing weapon (its an M16, which compared to a chemical or biological agent.. is like a pea shooter) or the post will be shut down. No traffic in, no traffic out, until that weapon is found, PERIOD.

This goes for civilians, military, la de dadi EVERYBODY

This is how a military base can be locked down.
I have also seen a military base (ft sam houston and I assume many others) on lock down after 9-11. It was a wild experience.

What Im saying is, not EVERY time a military base gets locked down, is for some end of the world reason.. and of course, not every time a military base gets locked down is it for a small minute thing like 1 missing weapon.

PS.. the supply sergeant (not me) found the weapon mixed in with dummy weapons (fake) in a bay, within the hour looking.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Anyone know why they would say part of an ongoing "security operation". What does that mean exactly? Are they saying they are on lockdown for security reasons because something is happening now or do they mean they have had ongoing security drills and lockdown is part of the drills. Anyone care to elaborate?

Yeah, that sounds like a scripted response the base PR person would give, regardless of the situation... In other words it is designed to tell you something and absolutely nothing at the same time.

Personally I believe that workers prevented from going on the base and are outside were concerned enough to call the press, or KSL and report the lockdown, then KSL contacted the base and were given that general response.

That said, I don't think it is too serious... There would be more news, and info coming from people who work there and are on the outside.. If it was that bad.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Thanks for your reply and the link!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

Except the base has been locked for a while now. More than a few hours... So it's more serious than a ``missing gun`` IMO...

Can't find what a P5 facility is...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
someone should call that number and ask them whats up.. any takers???

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by Schaden

Dugway has a P5 facility. If they are locked down something bad is happening.

Would you mind explaining what P5, P4, etc is? Some of us "regular" folks, don't understand.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Granted this is from their site but those of you interested in some of the facilities at the base may be interested, I certainly was anyways and when I'm interested I share: www.dugway.army.mil...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am going to have to agree with some of the other people there is nothing on the local news on this. I am hoping that it just comes out as nothing. That is even if they tell us why it was locked down.

Crash

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well it could have to do with intel about possible terrorist threats... Remember the Presidents speech last night? He sounded pretty certain something was going to be making its way into the country through the borders.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Granted this is from their site but those of you interested in some of the facilities at the base may be interested, I certainly was anyways and when I'm interested I share: www.dugway.army.mil...

Read this there:

As a Department of Defense (DoD) Major Range Test Facility Base (MRTFB), Dugway’s primary mission is testing United States and Allied chemical and biological (CB) defense systems and also performing nuclear, biological,and chemical (NBC) contamination survivability testing of defense materiel. With more than 50 years of experience, the Proving Ground uses its state-of-the-art laboratories and chambers in concert with extensive field test grids to fully determine the performance characteristics of items being tested.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Well it could have to do with intel about possible terrorist threats... Remember the Presidents speech last night? He sounded pretty certain something was going to be making its way into the country through the borders.

If Obama told me the weather was going to be fine and sunny, I'd put on a raincoat..

Cynical? Nah, they all simply lie...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
www.fas.org...
these are the laws on chem facility's

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

yeah i know what you mean almost 2 years and i havent seen any of the hope and change bs he spoke about in his campaign ... the hope i have is that we out his @ss in 2012 now that would be a change worth hoping for, maybe thats what he meant

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Local news has just come on, and is starting the broadcast with this as "breaking news". Sadly, they are not telling us anything we don't already know yet.

The spokesperson for the Base is attempting to get further information from the Base Commander right now. And they do have a reporter at the Base, talking to employees who cannot get in right now. They said they will have some of that later in the broadcast.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
Local news has just come on, and is starting the broadcast with this as "breaking news". Sadly, they are not telling us anything we don't already know yet.

The spokesperson for the Base is attempting to get further information from the Base Commander right now. And they do have a reporter at the Base, talking to employees who cannot get in right now. They said they will have some of that later in the broadcast.

Well atleast it's out in the open..
We may actually hear what's going on..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Anyone call that number? I'm about to call, but I know they arent going to tell me anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
reply to post by Connman

what is in the cage , maybe that is what got loose and caused the lockdown is that image current?

Looks like the cage picture is old Sep 3 2006

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
News reading statement from Base Commander:

"We are working as quickly and thorougly as possible over a serious concern within the testing facility. Asking for people to be tolerant and patient. His statement goes on about the Base and ends with repeating again, "A serious concern", and they will provide further information when they can."

I typed that verbatim as it was reported by the news anchor.

Not a lot of information... and I'm still nervous.
edit on 26-1-2011 by UtahRosebud because: Mispelled word.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join