It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Originally posted by Advantage
PS.. I figure VX is being tossed out there because its been classified as a WMD by the Chem Weapons Convention and no one is allowed to manufacture or stockpile it. KWIM??

I think they're still allowed small quantities for research. To try and develop potential anecdotes or figure out how to design CBR defense gear to protect against it.

Yeah, but its a schedule 1.. so its not transported around... and there are set limits on quantity and etc. If its a "spill" of VX.. its not going too far IMO. Im NOT positive about this, but what Id read when VX was brought up about 2 yrs ago was that its kept in its viscous state.. like motor oil.. to prevent accidents from going out of control.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

"We are working as quickly and as thoroughly as possible to resolve a serious concern within the Test Area," King said. "Measures like these (lock down of our gates) are not taken lightly. No one is in immediate danger but these steps are required," he said.

Thats from Colonel William E. King, the big boy over there, not some twit.

This isn't about tweets or facebook profiles. This is about a "SERIOUS CONCERN WITHIN THE TEST AREA".

Now i really appreciate you both trying to wave it off like "nothing" ... but it isn't. Since the US GOVT lies all the time, you can hardly expect us to be good sheeple and just accept anything they say, like "it's alright now". Or are you suggesting we should have some tea and wait for the nice men in HAZMAT suits? Seriously, tell me if thats what you suggest? If not, what DO you suggest, to avoid being the object of you scorn?

We are asking questions, and you both are mocking our attempts to deny state sponsored ignorance.

Oh, and btw, thanks for the addition as a foe ... It's so good to know who the enemy really is.
Oh yeah, american military, how could i forget?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

Yeah, lets hope not! Otherwise cue up Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper"!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Geez, I'm always so late to things...
edit on 27-1-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Coz I'm late...as usual

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Relax, the base is already opened .

About 5 a.m. MST Thursday, base spokeswoman Paula Thomas said the base had reopened to incoming personnel, and preparations were under way to allow people inside to leave. She said there were no injuries resulting from the cause of the lockdown, which began about 5:30 p.m. She said more details would be released later in the day.
www.chron.com...

P.S. - had to register to say it

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

As of about 6:15 a.m. ET Thursday, "We have allowed personnel outside the gate to enter Dugway ... and are making preparations to begin allowing personnel to go home shortly," said Paula Thomas, spokeswoman for the proving ground.

www.cnn.com...

So no one has been let out yet and it sounds like a limited amount of people are been allowed in? Maybe these people been let in are there to do another job but this could be far from over still

BTW you don't prepare people to leave and you defiantly don't get other people in to help them leave after a minor incident or drill, something big has gone down on the base. Now just to find out what?
edit on 27-1-2011 by bluedrake because: Added BTW statement

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I reached maximum worry level a few years ago. Can't seem to get all worked up about this kind of stuff anymore.
This may be the big one, so at least I might know what hit me (us).
edit on 27-1-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: too early for that

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by Mr Mask

Maybe Im an old fart, but IMO tweets arent facts.

Exactly my point.
PS- I love Metropolis.

and both of you would be wrong.
Social Networking Sites count as evidence
to Law Enforcement just as a 19 yr old
who used his facebook account as a rock
solid alibi in a criminal investigation.

Facebook Alibi - CNN

Sadly Boon, like many times before- you are wrong...again.

Evidence and Facts are two different things.

It is also important to point out that your evidence provided to show this lady's Twitter post is actually from a legitimate employee of this base is lacking.

If this was your entire case in any court of law, it would be thrown out on the basis that it lacked any credibility.

Yes, online posts or internet activity CAN be used in a court of law...but ONLY AFTER it has been verified to be related to said case. Something you have failed to do as of yet.

I know you think you have found the smoking gun...hell, you won't stop posting about VX gas. But sadly it seems more likely that it was a hoaxed tweet or a rumor from someone not employed at the base.

Nothing presented connects the VX gas tweet to anyone working at the base in question. Nothing but a post at GPL (laugh) and some online rumors.

If you are unaware of the length some will go to hoax sites like ATS and GPL, perhaps you should check out
THIS HOAX HERE

Again, I must point out- it is not proven that this tweet was created by anyone connected to the Dugway. And frankly, it is your style to take something unproven and run with it. So forgive me for not buying into this farce/guesswork and waiting for someone with more creditably to come along before I go off trusting your big VX gas story.

Sorry man...It just doesn't add up to me. And really- the Tweet seems more likely to be a 4chan-ish stunt to mess with conspiracy types than anything "real".

Of course...I am willing to admit I don't know for sure and I may be wrong. But at least I'm allowing that. You on the other hand are promising the world that a weapon of mass destruction is missing based on "lacking evidence".

But like I've said...that seems to be your style.

MM

edit on 27-1-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Originally posted by matrix12
either its a drill, or something has escaped confinement

Having been in the military, they don't lockdown a base without explanation *for this long* unless it's something really serious. Also, since it's a site for the testing of chemical weapons (possibly biological), another word for "lockdown" at such a base is "QUARANTINE."

If it is a standard military base, this means that there are schools, daycares, a PS (Post Exchange a.k.a. military Walmart), commissary (grocery store), medical clinic, etc. In other words, a LOT of people and children would be trapped in place and not allowed to return home. That is a **BIG DEAL** ---so, a lockdown (a.k.a. quarantine) is not to be taken lightly.

Should have been on base during 9-11 at the last base hubby worked at.... they removed lockdown within hours and it was heavy security for a few weeks afterward. The last "test" here.. he was locked for 36 hours.. and pissed off. For a drill no less.
I really do believe they have no rhyme or reason for the way they react to things sometimes.

Also, he worked at a base yrs ago where he had to fly to another base twice a week that housed NO school, daycare, housing, etc... Just mil personnel and no civ or civ contractors....it just depends on the base. You can also lock down some by section of the base all the way down to specific buildings and not the whole base. I figure if they shut the whole thing down.. thats an indication of either the severity or the location.Pick our poison on that one. Im not familiar with Dugway and how its set up as far as civ housing and etc. Usually they remove all civ and lock down... as they did on 9-11.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hasn't it also been shown that this is also the very place where the Anthrax attacks originated from almost a decade ago?

I mean, it showed up in the mail for 2 congressmen (or something, Daschle(?)), it was a huge story, and threat and then all of a sudden, faded from the MSM, never to be spoke about, again.
(and, I think there were specific ties to the two guys it was sent to - memory fading)

link   
Wow, the engine of ATS rumbles into action. I must say, I'm impressed. I get some playful ribbing from my partner because of my time spent on "that conspiracy site", and it's good to see it demonstrated that besides the obvious silly people mucking about, attention seeking false prophets, nay sayers and peddlers of fear, there's some smart cookies frequenting this site as well.

Many of us are aware that we're not going to get the facts about the important things from our news channels. Here's a prime example of that. But we also have to be careful about our online sources as well, especially when it's concerning faceytweets. It would be a simple matter for a programmer to whip up a piece of software that could autogenerate a web trail of auto-generated quips, conversations, reactions, creating an online presence for a person that never existed before. If you happened to have access to place data into the Google cache, you can auto generate a seemingly authentic history running back to college or school. It would be very easy for some black ops tech to drop a distraction bomb on us in the form of a tweet, thus redirecting our attention into researching down that fiction.

However, that's where the power of the internet lie. It's perfectly fine for a group of people to extensively research that avenue, a long as everybody isn't. In a system where we can't expect the facts to be brought to us "officially", we have to keep our attention everywhere in order to find them, and use ration mixed with intuition to collate the data we find.

I'm watching the whole situation avidly, and I thank those who have used their skills to follow the leads and investigate the situation, and then shared your findings with our collective minds along the way. Go geeks!

link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
reply to post by Whateva69

As for WMD's, I doubt any of the countries that have them are going to announce to the public the exact amount they have or don't have.

The United States is a signatory to the Geneva Conventions.

Chemical Weapons:
The two largest creators and holders of chemical weapons have been the US and Russia. The chemical weapons convention calls for inspections and for the complete elimination of chemical weapons by 2007.

Biological Weapons:
During the years after World War II, the United States, Great Britain, and the Soviet Union had programs to develop and stockpile biological weapons. In 1969, President Richard Nixon announced that the US was unilaterally abandoning its biological weapons program and destroying the weapons it had produced. There were two major reasons for his decision: First, it was just about impossible to imagine that the US would ever use biological weapons. Second, it was much easier to imagine that terrorists might be able to get hold of some of them. President Nixon's initiative led to the 1972 Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and Their Destruction. It was signed immediately by the US, Britain, and the Soviet Union and, by 2003, a total of 147 nations. This agreement does not, however, require inspections to verify that nations are complying.

link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Now i really appreciate you both trying to wave it off like "nothing" ... but it isn't. Since the US GOVT lies all the time, you can hardly expect us to be good sheeple and just accept anything they say, like "it's alright now".

1) Mr Mask waves off nothing unless he thinks it is silly, stupid, wrong or bad research.

2) I have stated I find this event to be strange and nowhere do I say it is "all ok".

3) I am simply denying the VX Gas story since it is based on a GPL post and a tweet from a random stranger who doesn't appear to be an employee of Dugway.

Now, enjoy your doom and gloom. Try to be a good reporter and report facts. We need more of that around here.

MM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
And I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, but I had to share this! For the last while of reading this thread, a piece of video has been playing over and over in my head, and it's this:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well it remains a mystery!!!

Will we ever know, who knows?

This link will provide you with an updated (11 minutes old)
account.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
29 pages and I'm still no-where nearer to knowing what's going on...........

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

Well, for what it is worth, the media has stated that "later today" explanations will be given to the public.

So, we must wait.

Unless you fancy more running off and trusting tweets from random strangers like "some of us here".

MM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxoutfoxing

Hello again, all you good people,- I don't know if you noticed my first posting (above), but the shown link seems pretty interesting,- although make of it what you will.

Hopefully nothing serious is underway, but then again a lockdown isn't carried out unless there's a reason.

Maybe some of you may be able to make some sense from the link. - www.state-ends.com...

- if indeed there's anything to be made from it.

As far as I can gather, there's no real (controlled) news updates as yet regarding the partial reopening of the base.

Fox

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

Ditto.

When information is released some smart person will make a new thread so possibly some FACTS can be discussed and we can hope this monstrosity fades to the next page. One thing I know for sure is that these days nothing is kept completely secret on base.. people talk and talk. It will come out eventually what happened even if you dont trust the MSM spin. If a colonel cant hide who he is screwing from his wife without it going all around the base and off base to my ear... then a chem or bio event isnt going to stay too quiet for too long now that the MSM is gnawing on it.

At least the thread has been amusing while Im sitting here waiting for the youngest to wake up and barf again. Stupid stomach flu..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crashbehr

Not a lot of information about this yet. They have locked down the base with no one in or out. Last time it was under lockdown they announced that it was and why. I am hoping they tell us soon, before my mind starts thinking more about the Stand. I will update as soon as I hear more on our news.

www.ksl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh man, I just watched Outbreak the other day too. If a virus did get out of containment, they aren't going to tell us. More than likely they will give another excuse. Later on the doctors and CDC will claim they found a new virus or something like that. I just hope if anything did get released that it is not that potent as in The Stand or Outbreak.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr mask you can’t disregard tweets...how many people have lost their jobs because they tweeted something they shouldn’t have? Oh and please don’t ask me do anymore research tonight to get you the numbers

There are silly people yapping on their phones all the time.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join