It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

You all DO know posting a resume doesnt mean what is contained in it is real or valid, right?

The linked in profile had a lot of connections. Very elaborate if the tweet was only a hoax.

Something big happened. They don't lock down a base of that size and keep 1000+ people overnight for a fire drill or if some corporal lost a small arm weapon.

did you read the Seattle Times article quoting the base commanding officer ?

In his statement Wednesday, King said: "We are working as quickly and as thoroughly as possible to resolve a serious concern within the Test Area. ... Measures like these (lock down of our gates) are not taken lightly. No one is in immediate danger but these steps are required."

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Someone earlier, Boondock Saint ? Said it was 90ml of VX. Is that was the tweet said or did she just say a vial of VX is missing ?

link   
reply to post by Advantage

The fact that the person did admit there was serious concern shows that they are not trying to cover anything up, but rather prevent panic when panic may not be necessary yet. I think they will explain it, but I doubt many here will believe what is said even if video is included.

link   

You sure about that? You seem pretty sure that there's nothing to this un-announced drill. I mean, for somebody who doesn't know what's going on, that is. Maybe if you don't know what's going on, and don't want to be seen as what the peanut gallery here calls a "disinfo agent" you shouldn't come jumping into a thread telling everybody that nothing's going on. I mean, you don't know that there's nothing to this, right?

What's ironic is that after well over a thousand posts, you are making the exact same sort of posts that a disinformation agent might - not that I am accusing you of being one - and I find it interesting that you haven't observed these same patterns in other posters, and the reactions they provoke.

Just a friendly hint, in case you want to improve the quality of your posts, for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

that link was too the info about the utah incident page that 404d not the site itself, they erased it ,but the guy screenshotted it and it said biological plane crashed there, but i dunno weird,

where is this screenshot that mentions a biologicial plane crash at the base?? if so this is a big big story...and i doubt its a conventional plane. (from what i have personally witnessed while researching the bases permieter.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Maybe Im an old fart, but IMO tweets arent facts.

Exactly my point.

PS- I love Metropolis.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Incredible quality of posters we have here these days.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing you know.

Do you have anything to add OTHER than it's all ok and normal?

Because i don't believe you.

I dont care what you believe.. why would I care? Youre a nobody on a message board for Gods sake. Ego much? This is supposed to be a conversation or discussion on a message board.. if it is more to you somehow, thats your problem.

Ive added what I know to be true. It happens, its happened at Dugs before, and running off at the mouth about things you dont know as fact but pretend it is fact.. it adds to the problem. I never said it was okay and normal.. thats YOUR interpretation of what Ive posted. Ive corrected some wrong assumptions and given my opinion. My opinion is that no one here knows what happened and giving false "facts" is absurd.

Youve shown what you are .. so believe what you wish.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hello all.

Just a quick observation, it may be nothing, but this in relation to Ashley's tweet (if real).
Her tweeter name is Ashley82ms7.

When googling 82ms7 I came up with this.

www.state-ends.com...
edit on 27-1-2011 by Foxoutfoxing because: mistake

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

reply to post by jumpingbeanz

that link was too the info about the utah incident page that 404d not the site itself, they erased it ,but the guy screenshotted it and it said biological plane crashed there, but i dunno weird,

where is this screenshot that mentions a biologicial plane crash at the base?? if so this is a big big story...and i doubt its a conventional plane. (from what i have personally witnessed while researching the bases permieter.

Thats what Id mentioned earlier.. the runways being able to handle larger mil aircraft at Dugs and the previous drills concerning a cargo spill. Id thought that may be it after Id read that it was a "serious concern".

How did he know it was bio and not chem? Hell, or nuke for that matter..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

No mask, no EVIDENCE, no RESEARCH, only assumptions, deductions, inductions, and ideas. You can handle that can't you?

Yes, I can handle that.

What I can not sit by and watch silently- is people haphazardly throwing cation to the wind and posting Blatant lies like "it was proven that an employee at the base said VX gas is missing", when it is obviously clear that no factual evidence of the sort has been shown.

I have seen a Twitter post connected to a few social profiles that do not look to be the same people, and a post on GLP...nothing more.

Like I said, I can not silently watch doomsayers invent "facts" out of guesswork and assumptions based on shoddy research and random social network posts from "an unknown individual".

Especially when the rumors they are spreading are saying "its the end of the world!!!".

Sorry...I can't calmly enjoy a ride on the disinfo train. I'm here to deny ignorance, not support it.

MM
edit on 27-1-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

You sure about that? You seem pretty sure that there's nothing to this un-announced drill. I mean, for somebody who doesn't know what's going on, that is. Maybe if you don't know what's going on, and don't want to be seen as what the peanut gallery here calls a "disinfo agent" you shouldn't come jumping into a thread telling everybody that nothing's going on. I mean, you don't know that there's nothing to this, right?

What's ironic is that after well over a thousand posts, you are making the exact same sort of posts that a disinformation agent might - not that I am accusing you of being one - and I find it interesting that you haven't observed these same patterns in other posters, and the reactions they provoke.

Just a friendly hint, in case you want to improve the quality of your posts, for whatever reason.

I will post what I wish to post.. Im not overly concerned about how other posters or the "peanut gallery" as you say see me.
Stop acting like a weirdo stalker claiming all thousand whatever of my posts are disinfo posts. Apparently youve read very few of them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

No mask, no EVIDENCE, no RESEARCH, only assumptions, deductions, inductions, and ideas. You can handle that can't you?

Yes, I can handle that.

What I can not sit by and watch silently- is people haphazardly throwing cation to the wind and posting Blatant lies like "it was proven a employee at the base said VX gas is missing", when it is obviously clear that no factual evidence of the sort has been shown.

I have seen a Twitter post connected to a few social profiles that do not look to be the same people, and a post on GLP...nothing more.

Like I said, I can not silently watch doomsayers invent "facts" out of guesswork and assumptions based on shoddy research and random social network posts from "an unknown individual".

Especially when the rumors they are spreading are saying "its the end of the world!!!".

Sorry...I can't calmly enjoy a ride on the disinfo train. I'm here to deny ignorance, not support it.

MM

QFT~

Gotta love the voice of reason. Wait for facts and then discuss how screwed up the event is.

PS.. I figure VX is being tossed out there because its been classified as a WMD by the Chem Weapons Convention and no one is allowed to manufacture or stockpile it. KWIM??

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Let's face it, IF some biological toxin/chemical research weapons went missing, the military is not going to admit to the public what happened. Talk about PR nightmare.

I can't wait to hear what the "official" explanation for the base lock down will be.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

PS.. I figure VX is being tossed out there because its been classified as a WMD by the Chem Weapons Convention and no one is allowed to manufacture or stockpile it. KWIM??

I think they're still allowed small quantities for research. To try and develop potential anecdotes or figure out how to design CBR defense gear to protect against it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxoutfoxing

Here is a post that is worth consideration, kudos to you.

is that possibly the coordinates to a place we should be focused on?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow...this thread grew fast! So CNN says that as of 6:15 am ET they're letting people in but not out yet. If it there were danger of contamination of some sort this probably wouldn't happen, so the ideas that someone probably stole something or something went missing seems like valid assumptions.
edit on 1/27/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxoutfoxing

Hello all.

Just a quick observation, it may be nothing, but this in relation to Ashley's tweet (if real).
Her tweeter name is Ashley82ms7.

When googling 82ms7 I came up with this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

Here is a post that is worth consideration, kudos to you.

is that possibly the coordinates to a place we should be focused on?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I can't wait to hear what the "official" explanation for the base lock down will be.

Fireworks.

link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

reply to post by Mr Mask

Maybe Im an old fart, but IMO tweets arent facts.

Exactly my point.
PS- I love Metropolis.

and both of you would be wrong.
Social Networking Sites count as evidence
to Law Enforcement just as a 19 yr old
who used his facebook account as a rock
solid alibi in a criminal investigation.

Facebook Alibi - CNN

link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Let's face it, IF some biological toxin/chemical research weapons went missing, the military is not going to admit to the public what happened. Talk about PR nightmare.

Not necessarily true.. in the last Dugs fiasco the info was released.. they screwed up pretty bad. That was my joke about Dugs' Sheep
Research it.. screw ups are plentiful if you look for them and not react to stories with conjecture. Like I said, Im surprised it doesnt happen more often.

link   

either its a drill, or something has escaped confinement

Having been in the military, they don't lockdown a base without explanation *for this long* unless it's something really serious. Also, since it's a site for the testing of chemical weapons (possibly biological), another word for "lockdown" at such a base is "QUARANTINE."

If it is a standard military base, this means that there are schools, daycares, a PS (Post Exchange a.k.a. military Walmart), commissary (grocery store), medical clinic, etc. In other words, a LOT of people and children would be trapped in place and not allowed to return home. That is a **BIG DEAL** ---so, a lockdown (a.k.a. quarantine) is not to be taken lightly.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join