It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
reply to post by Advantage

All you're doing is convincing me that no-one, especially the palookas in charge, should be allowed to have any of this kind of stuff.

Im completely in agreement with that.
Youd not believe how ridiculous some of this really is from materials to cyber security. Its a wonder that our govt and military is functional at all... as anyone who has spent any time involved in it will tell you.
I could seriously tell you some things that would scare you to death.. not ufos and deathrays.. but just the most absurd and ridiculous way to operate a military that begs for accident and exploitation.. ugh.

wanted to add that there are more than a few here on ATS that do similar things that we've been involved in as far as occupation. They can tell you as well ( unless theyre low level civ contractors) that its truly incredible how things operate! Its really a miracle we havent had a serious issue..
edit on 27-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

She said there were no injuries resulting from the cause of the lockdown, which began about 5:30 p.m. She said more details would be released later in the day.
Seattle Times Atricle

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lyndonl

Why do we need to hear? Can at least our military keep some secrets? Does the whole world need to know every little detail about what is going on here including what is going on at our bases? We do not need to know everything. If we know everything then our enemies know everything.

Civilians

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
it may be nothing but I'd like u to remember
this number for future reference

90ML's of VX

and I hope the source is wrong

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
reply to post by lyndonl

Why do we need to hear? Can at least our military keep some secrets? Does the whole world need to know every little detail about what is going on here including what is going on at our bases? We do not need to know everything. If we know everything then our enemies know everything.

Civilians

If it had been a problem in a true sense.. it would have never been noticed because no one would have heard about it in the first place.

Its not "civilians"..... a half story was out and its human curiosity. In case you havent noticed, we ARE posting on a conspiracy board. That kind of breeds wild speculation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
it may be nothing but I'd like u to remember
this number for future reference

90ML's of VX

and I hope the source is wrong

VX.. as in nerve gas?? Heh.. yeah, that would be a uh-oh.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

I totally agree we don't need to know everything, one of the reasons I think that the WikiLeaks thing is probably a bad thing all in all, and that State Secrets are used to protect the civilians as well. Lets face it the chance of power being abused is quite possible if governments can simply call state secret on any incident they feel like.

However if the lockdown was due to a serious issue related to procedures not being followed and base personnel being put in danger, and possibly the general public in the surrounding area, then maybe we should at least know that there will be an investigation to ensure such things do not happen again.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

Dugway was where the many types of mycoplasma (i.e. feremens) were released into the atmosphere for "testing" of biological weapons in the 1950's. They now infect the globe, lodging undetected inside people's bodies and creating inflammation and disease.

Hopefully this isn't something similar or worse.
edit on 27-1-2011 by merkaba93 because: added date

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyndonl

However if the lockdown was due to a serious issue related to procedures not being followed and base personnel being put in danger, and possibly the general public in the surrounding area, then maybe we should at least know that there will be an investigation to ensure such things do not happen again.

Thats why they test and do mock disasters.. they get bitched at with safety drills and bitched at if they dont do them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Oh they absolutely have to do drills, I think we would all agree. so no bitching from me about it.

If the news got hold of this story but it was just a safety drill I'm sure we would have known about it ages ago.
But I don't think this was a drill at all since the Base commander Col. William E. King reportedly said "We are working as quickly and as thoroughly as possible to resolve a serious concern within the Test Area"

He could have said this is just a drill and it will be over in the next 12 to 16 hours

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyndonl

Oh they absolutely have to do drills, I think we would all agree. so no bitching from me about it.

If the news got hold of this story but it was just a safety drill I'm sure we would have known about it ages ago.
But I don't think this was a drill at all since the Base commander Col. William E. King reportedly said "We are working as quickly and as thoroughly as possible to resolve a serious concern within the Test Area"

He could have said this is just a drill and it will be over in the next 12 to 16 hours

Ahh yeah, may be a spill or whatever. It happens and Im shocked it doesnt happen more often. ( apparently you havent read my other posts in this thread..concerning what you quoted.. I was replying to that posters comment alone).
The fact is that its not always a conspiracy or zombie apocalypse when there is an issue on base and its locked down. Accidents actually DO happen. Humans do some stupid stuff.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

I don't know about you, but I want to know. I'm not going to use cowardice as an excuse to desire ignorance. After all, this whole board exists to expose secret information to the light.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lyndonl

Don't mind me, I'm just getting irritated by the posts of people only seeing the worse in our country and especially our military. Thinking that we have the right to know even the top secret info our country has. It already feels like the US is standing around with it's skirt up over it's head and panties down for the whole world to see.

The US military isn't just filled with corrupt and incompetant people. If it's something the public needs to know that won't compromise the US, the public will be notified.

To the other person...yes, I do know this is a conspiracy site, I also know how much it has changed in the past year. Now back to the zombie apocolypse...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I browsed "Ashley82MS7" in the yahoo search engine and found these two articles from different websites intriguing or conspicuous to say the least.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article #1

Really fun! A few recommendations...
By: Ashley82MS7
Version: 1.1.1
Overall this app is super fun! Being able to add what is in your cabint is awesome. But why can't the slot mahine interface used to find random drinks be used to find drinks based off your own cabinet? That way if I want a shot with vodka, I can lock down the vodka tab and shot glass tab. Also, more categories for input ingredients. For example I have cola but one recommended drink had rootbeer in it which I don't have. Also no option to add beer to cabinet even tho it shows up in some of the drinks.

Source: www.appstorehq.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have found "Lock Down" in the paragraph above to merely be a coincidence however the next article emphasizes that Ashley82MS7 gets on the "Nerves" of AlabamaCrimsonTide09 (the writer of article #2) almost as if AlabamaCrimsonTide09 is eluding to his or her knowledge of the nerve gas, also notice article #2's conversation date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article #2

Ashley82MS7,

Miss. State IS a bottom dweller. Ok, you beat Alabama and Auburn? Every dog has his day and every squirrel finds a nut. Alabama is a powerhouse and has always been dominate over Miss. State. Auburn is not on the level that Alabama is on and never will be, but they are much more of a football team than Miss. State. I am a graduate of the University of Alabama, but you are like so many others who get on my nerves saying, "Half of you are not even graduates, haven't even been to the campus...whhaaawhaaawhaa...I'm a graduate, I'm so smart". I would never say that about any Alabama fan, because a graduate or not, a fan is a fan. They represent the university and cheer for the team. Where does it say you have to graduate from a school to be a fan of the school? And SINCE you are speaking of graduates I'm assuming you have a college education and judging by the way you said, "but I since..", I would say that those fans you are making fun of for not being graduates could type better than you. Most every college football fan talks "smack", not just Alabama fans kid.

Posted on Auburn returning to the scene of its 3-2 victory with an offense that can score on September 07, 2010, 2:20PM

Source: connect.al.com...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that this may be one of those situations that the public is being made aware of a threat indirectly and it is up to the public to decode.

Ashley82MS7 may be the cover for an intelligence operation.

Footnote: my girlfriend and I were having a conversation (hours before I was aware of this) that involved her singing some song with the words "Crimson Tide" contained in it and I had asked "isn't Crimson Tide a film," which neither of us knew the answer to at the time, turns out it is a film that happens to take place during a period of political turmoil in the Russian Federation!
Strange synchronous events & psychic premonitions have been turning up like this for me and her for about two years. Is it possible that the VX nerve agent at Dugway Army Base has been swiped by the Russian embassy?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

reply to post by lyndonl

Why do we need to hear? Can at least our military keep some secrets? Does the whole world need to know

Are you trying to say it’s ok that the US government can stockpile WOMD and that the world shouldn’t be allowed to ask about it?

You can’t be serious.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by AutOmatIc

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. If an Army Test Engineer tweets about there being a VX vial missing, the tweet gets deleted, then minutes later the account gets deleted (not a fake account either - it had history), and the account name MATCHES EXACTLY to a Youtube account showing a video of an identical looking girl (and is NOW DELETED!!!), AND her alumni account matches her Twitter account (Ashley82MS7) to her name "Ashley Pallotta", which matches the LinkedIn.com account and her Twitter, Youtube, & Linked in photos MATCH - we have a solid piece of evidence supporting that VX is missing on that base and that's the reason for the lock down.

(all these links are earlier in this thread)

I'm going to make some more screen grabs before all those get deleted too.
edit on 27-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

You can bet if they went to the trouble of deleting her entire life from the Internet, they will prolly' delete her too..!!

She could face serious charges for leaking that info. If she dose'nt become a victim of the "wink" accident..!!

You willl neer hear from this girl again is my bet!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schlub

Cowardice? You think because I feel that the military should not be forced to tell all that makes me a coward? Loose lips sink ships...ever hear of that before?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Oh man! I found the girl who Tweeted about the missing vial of VX Nerve Gas!!! I found her on LinkedIn.com:

Would you LOOK at her resume!??? She doesn't look like the kind of person who would tweet about VX Nerve Gas as a joke!

She worked for Booz Allen Hamilton, a "Strategy and Technology Consulting Firm" and is currently a test engineer for the U.S. Army.

This SEALS it for me: There is a VX Nerve Gas vial missing in Utah - and THAT is the reason Dugway is on lock down!!

edit on 27-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

Nicely. This is the girl who supposedly tweeted that a vial of VX Nerve Gas went missing...hence said lockdown, and possible serious implications.

WOW! If it is her. Not very smart despite the resume. Or sounds like a smart contractor, not in uniform and still kinda duh on the protocols. I think they still send people to Gitmo.
Scary her stuff is down - are we sure this is the same woman who posted on you tube and now her account is down, in addition to twitter?
edit on 27-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Come now...You foed me for good reason my good man.

look at my profile,
I have no foes

but lots of friends

Un-foed me? I'm shocked.

Thanks.

MM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

reply to post by lyndonl

Don't mind me, I'm just getting irritated by the posts of people only seeing the worse in our country and especially our military. Thinking that we have the right to know even the top secret info our country has. It already feels like the US is standing around with it's skirt up over it's head and panties down for the whole world to see.

The US military isn't just filled with corrupt and incompetant people. If it's something the public needs to know that won't compromise the US, the public will be notified.

To the other person...yes, I do know this is a conspiracy site, I also know how much it has changed in the past year. Now back to the zombie apocolypse...

Hey, I understand completely. My husband is an ex marine and has been working now for the DoD for about 20 years. The jarhead happened to be a computer genius.
ANyway, people here and elsewhere have a funny idea about things.. I blame movies.
It DOES get annoying.. hence my reasons for staying out of these threads.. and there are plenty of them. All assumption or lies about the way things are truly and how they work down to wishing death on all mil personnel. It gets old. I have been here for several yrs.. this is my latest account due to a move and a hiatus. YES.. it HAS changed here. I again blame movies, the youth of the posters, and the 2012 hysteria... or the hormones in the water. LOL! IMO of course
Id hate to burst any bubbles and tell folks some bad stuff has happened at Dugway in the past and it was NEVER covered up. But hey, it all comes out in the wash anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join