It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
i found the phone number and im going to call for an update

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

woot

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Good night ya'll. Gotta go to sleep.

Can't wait to see how this story & thread turn out!

link   
ok i just called there , a tired man answerd the phone stated that the lockdown is still in effect and he has no idea when it will be removed , i asked him about the pregnant lady being airlifted out and he said he had no idea. and then i said thanks for your time and hung up

link   

"We are working as quickly and as thoroughly as possible to resolve a serious concern within the Test Area," King said. "Measures like these (lock down of our gates) are not taken lightly. No one is in immediate danger but these steps are required," he said.

www.google.com...

This I find extremely interesting though. The particular wording being used. "No one is in immediate danger".

Implying that there is danger. Implying that something dangerous could happen, but not right away. Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
and he also said it like this ""i have no idea when they are going to let us go home"
edit on 27-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...
well it looks like they have food being delivered....and gates will reopen as soon as????alls good then...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is strange.. I live in utah and whats even stranger is that I was out in that area tonight. I was driving out there with some friends as we drove by the road that leads to dugway we notice alot of activity and all the cars that where behind us that turned down the road turned on there high beams before I dunno if thats relievant but there was alot of traffic out in that area and in vernon

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

having food brought in would suggest that the lockdown will be even longer.. and the guy on the phone sounded so tired, didnt soundlike he had any hope of the lockdown ending anytime soon

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I dont expect much will happen in the next hour or two.....
The VX comment seems like it may have been flippant remark maybe...and now its regretted.
The vial would be how deadly actuallyÉ
here is assume a vial is about test tube size...so how deadly is this stuff what would a vial of it accomplish by way of mass destruction.....that is a more pertinent line of inquirey....
if there is another cause at least well be clear on the vial thing...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

I would assume that the poor guy answering the phone is probably just as in the dark as we are. there could be a 3 headed alien running around on a part of the base and he wouldn't know.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

to me it sounds like they are looking for something hence lockdown, i doubt anything has been released, the lockdown doesent appear to be lifting anytime soon , they better hurry before that poor man at the phone falls asleep

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I dont expect much will happen in the next hour or two.....
The VX comment seems like it may have been flippant remark maybe...and now its regretted.
The vial would be how deadly actuallyÉ
here is assume a vial is about test tube size...so how deadly is this stuff what would a vial of it accomplish by way of mass destruction.....that is a more pertinent line of inquirey....
if there is another cause at least well be clear on the vial thing...

A small vial...possible 20,000-30,000 dead within minutes. Given the right situation. And, after following this for a bit I don't think people just tweet "flippant" remarks about a serious deadly nerve agent. Heck, most people don't even know what VX is...so it is very probable that the "tweet incident" is true. But at this point we will have to wait and see what the "official" explanation for this is. So far they haven't said squat. And none of the people from the site have come forward to offer further information.
edit on 27-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: syntax

edit on 27-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: spelling need sleep

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
VX nerve gas....
www.youtube.com...
a little entertainment while we wait?
edit on 27-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lyndonl

lmao it prolly ran by him while he was talking to me on the phone rite next to that twitterchick they were jumping the wall with the vial on there way to the mothership
gawd im tired lol

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
first video footage of the outside
of the gate at Dugway that I have seen

www.ksl.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
How VX works
•The extent of poisoning caused by VX depends on the amount of VX to which a person was exposed, how the person was exposed, and the length of time of the exposure.
•Symptoms will appear within a few seconds after exposure to the vapor form of VX, and within a few minutes to up to 18 hours after exposure to the liquid form.
•VX is the most potent of all nerve agents. Compared with the nerve agent sarin (also known as GB), VX is considered to be much more toxic by entry through the skin and somewhat more toxic by inhalation.
•It is possible that any visible VX liquid contact on the skin, unless washed off immediately, would be lethal.
•All the nerve agents cause their toxic effects by preventing the proper operation of the chemical that acts as the body’s “off switch” for glands and muscles. Without an “off switch,” the glands and muscles are constantly being stimulated. They may tire and no longer be able to sustain breathing function.
•VX is the least volatile of the nerve agents, which means that it is the slowest to evaporate from a liquid into a vapor. Therefore, VX is very persistent in the environment. Under average weather conditions, VX can last for days on objects that it has come in contact with. Under very cold conditions, VX can last for months.
•Because it evaporates so slowly, VX can be a long-term threat as well as a short-term threat. Surfaces contaminated with VX should therefore be considered a long-term hazard.
Immediate signs and symptoms of VX exposure
•People may not know they were exposed to VX because it has no odor.
•People exposed to a low or moderate dose of VX by inhalation, ingestion (swallowing), or skin absorption may experience some or all of the following symptoms within seconds to hours of exposure:
◦Runny nose
◦Watery eyes
◦Small, pinpoint pupils
◦Eye pain
◦Blurred vision
◦Drooling and excessive sweating
◦Cough
◦Chest tightness
◦Rapid breathing
◦Diarrhea
◦Increased urination
◦Confusion
◦Drowsiness
◦Weakness
◦Headache
◦Nausea, vomiting, and/or abdominal pain
◦Slow or fast heart rate
◦Abnormally low or high blood pressure
•Even a tiny drop of nerve agent on the skin can cause sweating and muscle twitching where the agent touched the skin.
•Exposure to a large dose of VX by any route may result in these additional health effects:
◦Loss of consciousness
◦Convulsions
◦Paralysis
◦Respiratory failure possibly leading to death
•Showing these signs and symptoms does not necessarily mean that a person has been exposed to VX.
What the long-term health effects are
Mild or moderately exposed people usually recover completely. Severely exposed people are not likely to survive. Unlike some organophosphate pesticides, nerve agents have not been associated with neurological problems lasting more than 1 to 2 weeks after the exposure.

How people can protect themselves, and what they should do if they are exposed to VX
•Recovery from VX exposure is possible with treatment, but the antidotes available must be used quickly to be effective. Therefore, the best thing to do is avoid exposure:
◦Leave the area where the VX was released and get to fresh air. Quickly moving to an area where fresh air is available is highly effective in reducing the possibility of death from exposure to VX vapor.
■If the VX release was outdoors, move away from the area where the VX was released. Go to the highest ground possible, because VX is heavier than air and will sink to low-lying areas.
■If the VX release was indoors, get out of the building.
•If people think they may have been exposed, they should remove their clothing, rapidly wash their entire body with soap and water, and get medical care as quickly as possible.
•Removing and disposing of clothing:
◦Quickly take off clothing that has liquid VX on it. Any clothing that has to be pulled over the head should be cut off the body instead of pulled over the head. If possible, seal the clothing in a plastic bag. Then seal the first plastic bag in a second plastic bag. Removing and sealing the clothing in this way will help protect people from any chemicals that might be on their clothes.
◦If clothes were placed in plastic bags, inform either the local or state health department or emergency personnel upon their arrival. Do not handle the plastic bags.
◦If helping other people remove their clothing, try to avoid touching any contaminated areas, and remove the clothing as quickly as possible.
•Washing the body:
◦As quickly as possible, wash any liquid VX from the skin with large amounts of soap and water. Washing with soap and water will help protect people from any chemicals on their bodies.
◦Rinse the eyes with plain water for 10 to 15 minutes if they are burning or if vision is blurred.
•If VX has been ingested (swallowed), do not induce vomiting or give fluids to drink.
•Seek medical attention right away. Dial 911 and explain what has happened.
How VX exposure is treated
•Treatment consists of removing VX from the body as soon as possible and providing supportive medical care in a hospital setting. Antidotes are available for VX. They are most useful if given as soon as possible after exposure.
How people can get more information about VX
People can contact one of the following:

•Regional poison control center: 1-800-222-1222
•Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
◦Public Response Hotline (CDC)
■800-CDC-INFO
■888-232-6348 (TTY)
◦E-mail inquiries: [email protected]
This fact sheet is based on CDC’s best current information. It may be updated as new information becomes available.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

wow...absolutley horrifying....im speechless at how saddam used this on the kurdish people....damn...did you see the people and kids dead in the streets........schhitt.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

boon call the base and ask for your twitterchick say your related then ask her yourself if she gave the leak scroll up for the number

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join