It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction on Iraqi War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am watching the war on CNN and notice an attack of opportunity was made (on Iraqi leadership). Based on this and a documentary I watched on PBS about saddam.. here's what is going to happen:

1. US will claim saddam and sons are dead
2. US and brits will go in and find weapons of Mass Destruction
3. Existing Iraqi leadership surrenders

Heres what really happened:

1. Saddam works a deal w/ Bush earlier today to leave Iraq w/ his honor intact
2. Saddam kills his cabinet including tariz? (sic) reported earlier
3. They leave the country

watch and see

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I am watching the war on CNN and notice an attack of opportunity was made (on Iraqi leadership). Based on this and a documentary I watched on PBS about saddam.. here's what is going to happen:

watch and see
Saddam kills his cabinet including tariz? (sic)

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

watch and see
Saddam kills his cabinet including tariz? (sic)
I think if I'm not mistaken, you're thinking of Tariq Aziz.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
the regeme has already began to fall. the republican guard leaders aren't willing to throw their lives away for saddam. he is insane. cnn and fox and some others say that the pentagon and top iraqi military leaders are in the first steps of a surrender and/or rebellion against saddam. i don't know anymore than what they have said, and what is the credibility of that?

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It wouldn't be the first time in history that government officials have given the "head of state" over to an invading force & then surrender...

...I mean, *literally* give them the leader's *head*!

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
all i know about that is someones head got cut off. but the french were fighting themselves so i dn't think that counts as invading. but what the hell right?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Information that US SpecFor are currently operating in Baghdad in advance of strike force...

www.observer.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
my predictions

1. The coalition forces take Baghdad, with light to few fatalities.
2. WMD WILL BE FOUND. Well, they have to have a reason to justify this war. I guarantee, regardless of not finding any for 12 years, some will be found.
3. They will say that were purchased from Iran, or NK. therefore an open invitation to go into there next.

On a side note, I want to ask everyone else, do you think that the Coalition will go into other country's and if so. Which ones? If and or when they do go into these other country's regardless of what we know, can we all agree on that it's a farce and a cover for colonization? If you dont think that it's a front for invading other country's than what for? just my thoughts and questions

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
All fine and well to make your "predictions".

But here's reality.

1) America liberates Iraq.

2) Iraqis love Americans, democracy slowly grows in Iraq.

3) Few WMDs are found if any, but it doesn't matter, because the liberation of Iraq is such a success, people forgot about the WMDs all together.

4) North Korea, however long from now, starving, nukes South Korea, invades over-running the forces there, America calls a draft to deal with this and fights a few years to finally once and for all end North Korea, with heavy casualties on all sides.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
5POF: Why would N.Korea nuke S.Korea? Wouldnt that kill everyone? Koreas not all that big. I do agree that we will be at war with Korea though.

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
they wud nuke the south b/c they are crazy crazier than saddam, much on a hitler scale

posted on Mar, 29 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We better not go to war with N. Kore because China would jump in quick just like they did in the first Korean war. Don't pass the 38th parallel and you're fine.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grommer
my predictions

1. The coalition forces take Baghdad, with light to few fatalities.
2. WMD WILL BE FOUND. Well, they have to have a reason to justify this war. I guarantee, regardless of not finding any for 12 years, some will be found.
3. They will say that were purchased from Iran, or NK. therefore an open invitation to go into there next.

On a side note, I want to ask everyone else, do you think that the Coalition will go into other country's and if so. Which ones? If and or when they do go into these other country's regardless of what we know, can we all agree on that it's a farce and a cover for colonization? If you dont think that it's a front for invading other country's than what for? just my thoughts and questions

This thread may be old, but your first prediction turned out to be accurate, because 34 American and British servicepeople were killed in the battle for Baghdad. Although the Iraq Survey Group in 2003-2004 partly fulfilled your second prediction by finding a handful of chemical weapons munitions in Iraq, it recognized these chemical weapons as having been built prior to Operation Desert Storm. The third and final prediction was just plain ridiculous because Iran was Saddam Hussein's archenemy, receiving ballistic missile tech from North Korea, and the CIA had teamed up with France and West Germany in the 1980s to sell chemical weapons technology to Saddam's armed forces.

new topics

top topics

join