It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic stone in the US Capital.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

I just got back from my honeymoon in Washington DC, and we got a tour of the US Capital from our congressman, and we didn't get any pictures obviously, but if any of you are in the DC area, you might schedule a tour and check it out for yourself. It's right off the area of the old Supreme court room, and there is a stone with the Mason emblem, and the words "This stone was layed in place Masonically" and then had a date, I cant remember. Thought it was very odd, and wanted to share with all of you.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
George Washington, Ben Franklin, pretty much all of this countries founding fathers were Masons. Even Benedict Arnold was a Mason, practiced at the same lodge as George Washington.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There is a tradition of Masonic Cornerstone Ceremonies throughout U.S. History. Most government buildings up through the early 1960's have Masonic Cornerstones (always located on the Northeast corner of the building). I travel quite a bit and one of my more mundane hobbies is finding these stones and photographing them.

A brief article on Masonic Cornerstones.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I guess this is nothing then, I guess you can delete this topic, I just thought it was odd, since everyone is always going on about the Denver Airport deal, but I guess it's nothing too.

top topics

join