It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Schwarzenegger gives Peter MacKay geography lesson"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Okay this guy is the Defense Minister of Canada and he can't even get the border states right. He claims that California and British Columbia share a border. Glad to know he is protecting our borders! Even Arnold the Governator knew better and was able to correct him. I just saw this on the news. I can't find a video on Youtube, and the source video does not actually show this happen, but I just saw it on TV and the source article confirms it. CTV is a load of bull but sometimes they tell the truth. This is one of those times they are actually reporting something I find funny and they showed it so I know it happened.

If someone can actually find a Youtube link of the mistake please feel free to share and embed.

Arnold even called our legislatures "girly men"... The 2 minute video is worth the watch.

ctv.ca

Defence Minister Peter MacKay might want to give his old Grade 5 geography teacher a call for a brush-up. MacKay made a bit of a gaffe Tuesday night, when he stated British Columbia shares a border with California when he posed a questioned to the state's former governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger. The "Terminator" actor politely quipped that Oregon and Washington happen to exist between B.C. and the Golden State. MacKay, a politician not generally prone to brain hiccups, was spared no quarter on Twitter, as his name began trending Wednesday.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: ext content correction

edit on 26-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh, sorry... I forgot to add that I'm no fan of Arnold's political track record, but I am Canadian so his policies have not directly affected me too much. I will leave it up to citizens of California to decide how good a leader he is I just don't want you all thinking I'm a fan of his policies.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Arnold "Knew" Something?! Surely thats breaking news in itself

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I know, it was surprising to say the least.

He was born in Austria and is a victim of steroid abuse and still outwitted our Defense Minister by correcting him with stupid error, he embarrassed him too.

I would sure hate to be Peter Mackay right now because once this footage hits Youtube it's going to go viral. He already has been semi-famous for other stupid moves, such as his current girlfriend at the time (Jennifer Stonarch) leaving him for another political party.

Sorry to bore you with the off topic remark but I find it applies to the post because it shows how smart he really isn't.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Arnold "Knew" Something?! Surely thats breaking news in itself

You shouldn't have said that. Now Arnold will have to come here and correct you too.
edit on 26-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry too much Mr. MacKay, Barry O somehow visited 52 US States on his prez campaign and still got elected. I guess in the world of politics, details dont matter much. I mean, look what they do to Truth and Justice on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TedHodgson

I know, it was surprising to say the least.

He was born in Austria and is a victim of steroid abuse and still outwitted our Defense Minister by correcting him with stupid error, he embarrassed him too.

How was he a "victim" of steroid abuse? I'd say steroids helped him to a pretty amazing career. It's a pretty interesting success story.

I don't think he is particularly dumb either. He has a college degree as well.

He does say some pretty funny # though.
edit on 1/26/2011 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I could have chose better words, sorry if I offended you.Steroid abusers are people too, and I am unsure if steroid use can actually affect the brain. I should have left the steroid part.

Truth be told I was always a big fan of Arnold movies as a child and I still get a kick out of an old Arnold flic.

I never perceived him as a very smart person though. I am not the only member to perceive him this way, so maybe I am on the right track. But hey, he sure makes a good action hero.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think Arnold happens to be one of the smartest people around. How many millions of dollars do you have? He is new money. He is very devious and has always obtained what he set out after.

How many Mr Olympias did he obtain?
How many movies did he star in? He could hardly speak English yet rose to the heights of Hollywood.
His investments have been spectacular.
He became Governor of the most powerful state of the most powerful country.
A millionaire before 30, from starting his own company.

Read up on Arnold. He might be smarter then you think.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

you are probably right! I never thought of the money thing. I won't lie, billions of dollars would be nice. He must have some intelligence and motivation to achieve what he has. I bet you I can kick his butt in a spelling bee or geography test though
edit on 26-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: LOL spelling!

new topics

top topics

join