It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postponed Elections: Is there cause for concern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
On the surface, no. Contingency planning is part & parcel of leadership, and we would expect our government to plan these things out to institute or continue serving the best interests of the people.

Under the surface? Yes & we should all be very concerned. This administration has had a consistent track record of favoring self preservation initiatives over the betterment of the whole. Is it really Tom Ridge's place to be postulating on the parlimentary procedures of our government? Has that changed from being the providence of Congress?
Attacks are singular events & all would concur that Wars are much more a cause to pause; yet we moved forward during WWII, no? 140 years ago, McClellan lost to Abe Lincoln......a vote done during the Civil War.

Look back on the track record: A test balloon on the subject is floated ( invading Iraq, O/T pay restructured, Prescription cards ), then a closer-to-cabinet-official-advocates the issue, then they do it.

We have all of that going on NOW.

One wonders how Ridge is able to know so much about the specific intent of the terror attack he says is coming, in particular the part about the intent to disrupt the election?

Do we have the Fifth Estate looking out for us? No, and it's been that way for a long time; that's why one of the biggest scores in Farenheit 911 is the video clip ( which the mainstream media never showed ) is Bush looking bewildered, lost and needing direction for nearly 10 minutes after being informed that the 2nd plane hit. Why did the networks never show this footage? It's been available for years on the Internet, and it's at least as interesting as the footage of Saddam Hussein's mouth being examined after his capture � which the networks never tire of running. If the pet goat footage had been widely shown like the Saddam-mouth footage � or the career-ending footage of Howard Dean screaming after losing a Democratic primary � Bush would have had a lot more trouble presenting himself as a tough guy defending the United States from terrorists. He would have forever been the guy who listened to a pet goat story while America burned � behaviour that's at least as un-presidential as screaming exuberantly in the face of defeat in the primaries. A Complicit Corporate Media, that's why he's been given such accolades of "determination" & "grit" in the minds of so many.

Surely, during election year coverage, the foreign press will help to highlight the issues being cloaked to the American populace, right? Just as the Guardian, The Observer, Harratz, Moscow Times have been doing?

They're working on fixing that , too.

Journalists hit by new US visa rules - A crackdown by US authorities on issuing visas to foreign journalists threatens to cause chaos for overseas broadcasters and newspapers just five months before the presidential election. The new rules, which come into force next week, will ban overseas reporters and news crews stationed in the US from renewing their visas without leaving the country first. Just five months before American voters decide who will be appointed to the most powerful office in the world, the US state department said it would not longer allow overseas journalists to renew visas from within the country.
You ask the tough questions? I guess you'll be staying home, then.

Information is power. Lack of information is?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There is a pretty extensive thread on this at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A different angle; as I did read what's been posted before hand.
I'd like to see more input on the amount & tenor of media reporting on this issue; what are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I actually haven't heard very much in the media about it. I think there has to be a certain amount on contengency planning regardless.

Like I said in the other thread, I do think people are wrong about who would benefit from a delay if a major catastophic attack did occur and I see the big deal being made about it on ATS as more of the usual bush hating paranoia.

new topics

top topics

join