It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Mr President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hello Mr president,

You have been in office for two years and little to nothing has changed and there are more problems now than what there were when you took office. I understand the last administration left you with a huge burden but you promised us change and a new way to deal with things. I have not seen change, and were still doing things the same way. I have a few questions for you MR President and I hope you have an answer for them. I believe these to be important issues effecting our society and our country.

Mr president, shouldn't we abolish the federal reserve since a private bank would be the end to any free economy?

Mr President, shouldn't there be another investigation into 9/11 since no one has been officially charged in the murder of 3000 American citizens?

Mr president, how come you wont show your real birth certificate to the people who elected you into office? Why the secrecy in regards to this? This only makes me think that you are hiding something from us, the American people.

Mr President, do you think its a coincidence that you are related to 9 different presidents and that 33 former US presidents are related to king George?

Mr. President shouldn't we repeal the patriot act since it basically removes all our freedoms in an emergency?

Mr President, should we not be opposed to secret societies and secret proceedings; meeting in private? especially when those people are the 150 most richest and powerful people in the world?

Mr President, do you agree the following statement made by President John F. Kennedy in his address to newspaper publishers on April 27, 1961?

"The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers, which are cited to justify it."

And finally my last question Mr President, what has really changed since you took office?

__________________________________________________________________________________

This post was inspired by a post on face book. I thought it would make an interesting topic and would like you guys to add your questions or concerns.

As always... Discuss!
edit on 1/26/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Obama wasn't put in office to stop the right, Obama was put in office to silence the left.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

For the life of me I cannot figure out Obama's real intentions. This could be my own fear at work, with years of dishonest politicians. Obama speaks truth to me. He makes a lot of sense in how he approaches issues verbally. That is right though, there is little if any outward real change occurring. I do see some benefits to the average person in policies he has pushed for. I do see the need to protect healthcare from profit seeking corporations that chose not to help the sick when it suits them. I believe the proper role of government is to be there to protect the little guy when the big guys can ruin their life. I do see that there is a need for our country to move forward responsibly. I do see there is a need to find new ways of doing business and without letting people in need fall to the wayside. I do see the tax code can benefit mostly the rich, and rarely benefits the poor. I do see that every word out of Obama's mouth usually is well thought out, and is very similar to my own views. However, I did not vote for him.

I see right now an Obama that speaks my truth to me, yet somehow maintains the system as it is. No doubt that I want our current system to come crumbling down and something entirely new to take its place. However, I expect more from someone who holds similar beliefs that I do. I expect an entirely new system based on compassion to take shape. I expect that the poor be able to live somewhat comfortably. I expect that no American should have barriers to succeed in life to their highest ability. I expect as an America that if some child wants to be a doctor, but has no ability to fund their education, that we help that person become a doctor. If that is their passion, then they may actually make a better doctor than someone who is in the occupation because his/her parents were doctors, or just as a way to make money. We all benefit when the people working to help us truly have a passion to do their job, because they feel they can contribute something to someone else's life. If we are blinded by profit margins and debate over taxes on these issues then we have lost our heritage as American's.

However, the Obama in action I see does no such thing. He passes health care laws that seem to elevate the corporation above the person. There is no reason the health-care law could have simply been a few pages long that contained a regulation that all insurance companies that do business must provide a basic level of coverage and rules associated with them. Instead, we have something entirely different and it smells of lobby injected provisions to increase profits of the big drug companies, major hospitals, and medical tech companies. The average person pays for this monster, when it could have been accomplished on a shoe-string budget.

I see the war in Iraq and Afghanistan going strong--and Pakistan? When did we declare war on Pakistan? I see Gitmo still open. I see a lot of talk, and a whole lot of new spin points to corporate governing. Do not get me wrong, this has nothing to do with political parties. Republicans are really turning out to be misleading the whole intention behind the Tea-Party movement. Republicans were not voted in to cut off the people needing help, while providing huge tax breaks to the rich. They were voted in to become responsible with spending all the way around. An idiot can shut down a program, turn off unemployment, cut food stamps...it takes no creativity to accomplish. An idiot can pass a tax cut law. We need creative and dynamic solutions that address a range of problems in fiscal spending. Shutting of life essential assistance to our own citizens while rebuilding entire countries overseas is not the solution. Obama has the right ideas, but there is nothing to show for it. Even if there is a step forward, it is just a new way of doing the same old thing...keeping the rich and powerful-rich and powerful.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2011 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Obama's true intentions are what you are personally seeing now....an empty suit~

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There's enough legitimate issues to bring up with Obama. Issuing a letter laden with conspiracy theory just gives the administration the satisfaction of knowing precisely how distracted you are from their agenda and actions.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You said it brother. Feel the same exact way.

If i could give you 20 stars for that post, I would.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Oh, why dont you share these legitimate concerns?

please share.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

And what conspiracies might you being referring too?

Would might be suggesting this is a conspiracy?

Mr President, shouldn't there be another investigation into 9/11 since no one has been officially charged in the murder of 3000 American citizens?

I would have to say that is fact....where are the charges?

how come you wont show your real birth certificate

Well, we're still waiting on the above...per the Constitution...

And the following, you aren't suggesting that we aren't experiencing this first hand are you?

shouldn't we repeal the patriot act since it basically removes all our freedoms in an emergency?

Please clarify? Just what conspiracies are you suggesting?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Obama wasn't put in office to stop the right, Obama was put in office to silence the left.

Now, that is an interesting take on things.
I haven't thought of that angle but it makes some sense.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Epic thread, ugie. There are so many important unanswered questions. Sadly I fear they will fall on silent ear, with the exception of ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Obama is a master at obscuring the real issues that affect the American average person. These real issues are the economic strangulation of the American economy by global corporate capitalists.

Essen is correct Obama is silencing the left who have been hoodwinked by this con man and his flowery speeches.

He will preside over the last vestige of a semblance of economic freedom for this country as we glide into the grip of a pure plutocracy that literally will mean the serfdom of middle and lower class Americans.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Silent ear or not, the more its repeated, the more ears it will touch.

a message never falls on deaf ears. even if one reads/hears it... its a success in my book.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Please clarify? Just what conspiracies are you suggesting?

Yeah, those things. This administration will achieve whatever agendas they desire because so many people have been snookered by conspiracy lore including 911, birth certificates, secret societies and other nonsense. Focus on this nonsense now and in another decade you'll end up writing to another president about the things you were distracted from now.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

That is a bit condescending. What do you suggest? All i am seeing is you saying doing this is a bad idea. Do you have a better idea?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The fact no one in the media, no politician, no judges, no representatives, no leaders, anywhere on this earth are asking ANY of the questions you have just asked....should be enough for people to know...this world is rigged.

S&F

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There was a thread recently about why the left "blew it"...
I submit they in no way "blew it". The "Fundamental revolutionary change" the left seeks to bring to America requires chaos to force a revolution. We are walking that knife edge now, Obamites deny any issues with the prez exist. YetThe eligibility issue continues; Gun control/confiscation is the one issue sure to bring about a breakdown of the system and its dangerously close to the front burner.. The TSA is set to provide checkpoints at malls and bus depots making it difficult for citizens to organize and move about freely.The economy is winding down to third world levels.
And the prez is talking about "high speed rail"; and "somebody better invent something quick so the country can get moving this century".

He reads a great appealing speech : had me liking him for all of 10 minutes or so.

Why are they (" the smartest guys in the room"to hear most obamites) pushing the peoples buttons?
from Bush's patriot acts to the TSA To the ongoing eligibility thing.the financial bailouts of foreign bankers.

Now police are being shot at; and a member of congress:
Things are going "swimmingly" I'd say. If you are a student of leftist revolutionaries : Van Jones. Cass Sunstein Frances Fox Pivens and Che'

They are appealing to everybody with Amorphous promises( few solid details). He mentions removing regulations that handcuffs American commerce; then in the very next paragraph reiterates it's a solemn duty to protect Americans with "necessary" regulation...
edit on 27-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
A change we can believe in!
YES WE CAN!
If only there was some change,
apart from whats in his purse!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Now, that is an interesting take on things.
I haven't thought of that angle but it makes some sense.

It's not a unique opinion. Many respected people on the left have made the same arguments, including Noam Chomsky. On the right I recall Ron Paul also stating similar. That the anti-war movement has been muted because of the lefts support for Obama the saviour.

It's definately the case. I've seen left wing America go from intelligent, critical people, to the same blind sheep they accused Bush supporters of being for 8 years.

It's ironic, considering Obama was never left wing to start with. And is a paper Democrat at best.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This is exactly right! I keep wondering how Fox News can keep frothing at the mouth, when Obama is basically doing exactly what Bush would have done!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join