It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone calls from the dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Could it be that you were on with some law enforcement agent? No way to tell for sure, I know, but our phone signals may be actively monitored at any time.

What kind of trouble are you up to?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackghost

Originally posted by SavannahJane
You weren't by chance driving past any cemeteries that had a phone line down on one of the graves? Your story reminded me of that creepy Twilight Zone episode Night Call.

Interesting, never thought of that. Yes i was driving up a hill, on the opposite side of that hill is a place called "Cemetary HIll" its filled with acres of cemetary's.

Are you serious? I was funning about the phone line being down but now if there was a cemetery located nearby....holy cow. Eeeeeek.

Could have been someone dying to make a call.....
edit on 28-1-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am well aware that my experiences could have been something totally mundane, but they surely didn't feel like it at the time!

I used to work for a call center. One time the phone picked up like someone answered, but said nothing. I said "hello?" No answer. I said it two or three more times, feeling like I should hang up but then someone said in a low whispery voice "hellooooo". I say hello again, he responded helloooooooo again. This went on a few times and I felt all creeped out, and I finally just hung up. I turned off my phone immediately because it scared me. I know it could have been a person messing with me, but it really creeped me out.

The other time was again someone picked up, but didn't say anything.... then I heard all these voices saying different things like "hang up the phone", "please hang up and try again", "your call can not be completed", and other stuff I could not discern. There were what sounded like a hundred voices all at once, and they all sounded whispery. Again I was very creeped out, but I listened for a couple minutes, then it just went silent and I hung up very fast. Again I turned off my phone very fast. I feel silly saying I think it was something paranormal, but I and other people I told, don't have any idea what could explain it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I find your post to be very interesting and as I read it my arms filled with
goose bumps and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.
I had a very similar experience I would like to share.

Before I met my wonderful husband of 26 years I had gone out with a guy
that sadly had passed away from cancer.
When we were seeing eachother he would get extremely nerved at me for
talking alot with my friends on the only phone that I had in my apartment
there were no cell phones/computers at the time and me being younger passed my time
chatting with my girlfriends.
So what he would do is use a emergency break through call issued by the operator
to get in touch with me, he would say to her that he was my doctor "Dr Marentette"
and it was important that he get in touch with me ... so the operator would interupt my
side of the convo with whom ever I was talking with to tell me this and it would disconnect me then connect
me with him. Time and time again he would do this over and over.

Then like I said he sadly passed away. One day months later I was on the phone and
I got a emergency break through call and yes it was from "Dr Marentette" but there wasn't anyone
else on the line but the operator and she said he must have hung up. I was beside my self
No one knew that he used that name to break through to get me off the phone.
I was so scared, but then thought it was just away for him to tell me he was ok. So I believe
your post.
~peace

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Oh my. That is a very good story. Had he not used the doctors name I would have thought it could have been anyone but this is proof right there. I had the operator break in a few times on my parents phone. I wonder if they still will do that? What a neat memory.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I had a similar experience

It was 05 Holloween night and the girl I was with was at a meeting and asked me to pick her up at 9. I fell asleep and wound up going late. So she calls me from a cell phone and gives me the business basically. I call her back to ask her where she is so I can pick her up and she answers the payphone just saying "hello, hello, hello". I keep calling it trying to find her location and I get the same thing "hello..."

So I ride around for hours looking for her to no avail. I come back home to get more money for gas and there she is in the bed. I tell her I've been trying to call her at that phone and she even answered. She tells me that she's been gone from that phone for hours and there's no way that could have been her. Plus it was a full moon that night. Eerie...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have heard of someone receiving a phone call from the dead and this person swears what happened is 100% true. She was having a dinner for her family at her house. Her mother was in the hospital and very sick, so the family had come in to visit and while they were there, she had everyone come over to eat. She said they had just left the hospital not long before and her mom actually had been doing better. While the family was eating, the phone rang and she got up to answer it. The voice on the other end said "Hello, this is mom. I just wanted to tell you I just died." Click. End of conversation.

She called the hospital and was told to come in. She found that her mother had passed away just one minute before she got the call. Prank? If so, it was a mean one. She said it was her mother's voice though, yet her mother hadn't even been able to speak for a while. I think she'd had a stroke.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. This didn't happen to me so I can't vouch for its authenticity, but she swore on her life that it happened.

On a totally different note: I have called numbers, straight from my contacts on my cell, only to be connected to someone else. Annoying as hell and makes you feel like you've lost your mind. Upon calling the very same number back, it went straight to the person it should have.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I had a similar experience.

My partner at the time had gone to visit his grandmother who was dying.

He was Mike and his grandmother was called Stella. Noone called her granny!

Mike was due to stay at her house and visit her while she was in hospital.

I called Stella's house, expecting to get mike.

An older woman answered, saying that mike was with stella - that he was not here...

I was not expecting a woman to answer and asked her who she was - the house was meant to be empty.

She said she was a family member and seemed a little uncomfortable.

An explanation could have been that my partner was playing away from home...however, I believed him when he said noone else was there.

Who was on the phone?

Mike was from an old Irish family and there was talk of a banshee cursing the family. He did think that was who I had spoken to!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

now that's a crazy twist to that story, that would be a real trip!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I think you are jimping to conclusions that this was a call "from the dead" Other than what you describe as a creepy voice you don't have any evidence that this was anything but a mis-dialed call. Yes, you verified that your phone said it was connected to your wife, but what I mean is a call misdirected by the phone company.

Now we need to wait here on ATS for someone to say that a couple of years ago she got a call she thought was from her husband, but when he got home he insisted he hadn't called.....
I replied to this post, (just learning my way around here, just wanted to be more direct. ) like i said, that was a crazy twist to this allready creepy story. if that happened, that would be a real trip!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So Im kinda grave digging here but I want to tell you guys that this really can happen.

www.snopes.com...

It's a true story and these people don't mark just anything as true.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join