It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone calls from the dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Something happend to me a few winters ago that has always bugged me. In the end going over it in my mind again and again i can only conclude one thing: I got a phone call from the dead. Here is my story, please tell me your thoughts of what else it could be.

It was in Febuary of 2008, I was working late and once i finished up got in my car to go home. It was dark out, slightly raining, around 9pm at night and as i drove onto the hwy i picked up my cell phone to call my wife and let her know i was on my way home. I hit the autodial number for her (2) and The phone rang once on the other end. Who i thought was my wife picked up the phone. This person answered it in a very disconnected way (cant describe it any better) they said "Hello". At the time i knew she sounded wierd but figured maybe i woke her. I said "Hi, its me just calling to let you know im on my way home, will be there in about 10 minutes" to this she just answered "okay" again in a strange disconnected voice. At this point i felt creeped out, silence on the other end but I still thought it was my wife yet had a horrible feeling for some reason. I looked down at the phone and in the darkness read the display it said "connected Wife" that was the name i put down for her number. Id been calling her on that number for years. I put the phone back up to my ear and said "So what are you doing?" She said, "Nothing, Im just waiting for you" the way she said "just waiting for you" was so wierd and almost mechanical it scared the crap out of me and i hung up the phone (closed it, it was one of those old flip open types).

As i drove closer to home i started to get scared, thought maybe someone was there at the house holding her hostage or something. Why would she sound like that and why did it scare me so badly? When i got home I walked inside and there she was watching TV. I asked her why she sounded so creepy on the phone and sorry for hanging up on her it just really scared me and i didnt know why. She looked at me very puzzled and said she did not talk to me, i never called her. After i went on for along time telling her i did I asked to see her phone. She went over to her purse, dug it out of the bottom and we both looked at the screen, across the screen it said "Missed call, husband"

Now, I know she did not pull a trick on me, she isnt that way and if she did get the call it wouldnt have said "Missed call". If my phone connected with someone else by mistake when i was driving home why would it have connected with my wifes phone? You would have to have heard that voice, all i can say is it wasnt someone from this world, it was far off, disconnected voice basically just answering my questions as best as they could trying to act like my wife. Any other experiences like that anyone has heard of?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hallo,whats ur favourite scary movie?

Are u sure someone wasn't just pulling a prank on you?
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good story blackghost, that would sure scare the crap out of me!

I guess it's possible you had a crossed line, but I've never personally experienced that happening on a mobile, only a landline. Spooky...!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It could have been the Mothman

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This has happened to me before too! Except I didn't hear a scary voice, just a normal one. But several times before, I've placed a call (dialing the right number) and it's somehow been re-routed to another phone. Once it even happened mid-conversation -- I was speaking to my boyfriend and then suddenly I was connected to someone else with a very deep voice who wasn't even speaking English! Very strange.

My only guess is that sometimes the cell phone signals/wires get mixed up and connect the wrong numbers? But that still wouldn't explain the creepy voice, though :S

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
not sure what the dead have to do with this. does she have one of those silly answer machine messages that fool you into thinking your having a conversation with her by any chance.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think you are jimping to conclusions that this was a call "from the dead" Other than what you describe as a creepy voice you don't have any evidence that this was anything but a mis-dialed call. Yes, you verified that your phone said it was connected to your wife, but what I mean is a call misdirected by the phone company.

Now we need to wait here on ATS for someone to say that a couple of years ago she got a call she thought was from her husband, but when he got home he insisted he hadn't called.....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangecat
This has happened to me before too! Except I didn't hear a scary voice, just a normal one. But several times before, I've placed a call (dialing the right number) and it's somehow been re-routed to another phone. Once it even happened mid-conversation -- I was speaking to my boyfriend and then suddenly I was connected to someone else

The same thing has happened to me also if I misdialed by one digit my retarded phone would still say it was connecting to the person with the closest number it's glitches and lousy programming for the phone.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The only reference I've heard about ghostly phone calls are on the Gina Lanier paranormal investigator website.

Here is a link, the article is a bit down the page. >> Warning

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It might have just been a mixed signal (I know everyone is saying that). I do believe something like this could and has happened to others.

If you search on youtube there are supposed phone calls from the dead left on peoples answering machines.
The only reason I say it *might* have been a crossed signal is because most of the instances I have heard about involve someone who has recently died etc.

I've recorded EVPs in various ways before, so I don't see how this could be any different, just another way for them to communicate.
edit on 26-1-2011 by XavierV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Can you remember if there was anything peculiar about where you were at the time?
Like a particular house or road, like were you driving past and old beat-up farm house or something?

Spirits are energy so I don’t doubt they could or would use another sauce for their movement or communication.

Did your wife notice anything unusual during that time? You said she was watching TV, did it flicker?
Have you ever had anything supernatural happen to you before or since?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackghost

Man, that is one scary story! I would have taken my phone to be blessed after that..
Vicky

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You weren't by chance driving past any cemeteries that had a phone line down on one of the graves? Your story reminded me of that creepy Twilight Zone episode Night Call.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Maybe you called your wife in another dimension?
edit on 27-1-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If you want to do something really creepy and your in the UK then try sending a text message to someone BT land line.
Their phone rings and a scary robot woman reads the text out to them in a really creepy voice. I almost dropped the phone the first time I heard it.

edit on 26-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

My curiosity is peaked what is a BT land line?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SavannahJane

Oh sorry.

It's a house phone that runs on the British Telecom network in the UK. I should try and record one of the messages and upload it so you can hear

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you. That would be neat if you could. Sounds creepy!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavannahJane
You weren't by chance driving past any cemeteries that had a phone line down on one of the graves? Your story reminded me of that creepy Twilight Zone episode Night Call.

Interesting, never thought of that. Yes i was driving up a hill, on the opposite side of that hill is a place called "Cemetary HIll" its filled with acres of cemetary's.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Maybe you called your wife in another dimension?
edit on 27-1-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

this occured to me as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join