It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the point of the ATS ribbon when it does not highlight a ATS Live show?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As I post this, the ATS EURO show is going out live, yet the ATS Ribbon is highlighting a video that can be viewed at anything.

Just how hard is it to favour the great work done by all the ATS Live shows, and highlight them when they are on live, rather than a video?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I thought that during the show, the chat room was certainly quieter then usual. I guess there is only a certain amount of screen space to fit everything on and choices have to be made

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Its an imperfect world with imperfect applications, only though positive contributions does an imperfect world have a chance or accomplish a perfect perception to cater the needs of the majority.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Looks like the point of the bar is to last longer, grow larger and become exponentially more annoying with each passing day.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Agreed. The site is growing more and more like Huffington Post or something ... which I abandoned year ago. I have no problem with the ribbon highlighting some new feature everyone's so proud about, but when I click on hide ribbon, should it not hide the ribbon ... permanently? And not every single page of every thread and every window? It's pretty infuriating.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think the ribbon on the bottom of the page is more annoying then useful because everytime you open a page you have to manually hide it. Isn't the U2U alert function more practical&useful?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I accept that someone does have to manage the ribbon, and if we have to live with the ribbon, what is stopping management/mods from using it to promote all the shows? Rather than a video I can see anytime?

Live shows are just that, live.

What does this say about management commitment to these great shows?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I agree, there has to be a way to hide it permanently. Reminds me of that annoying bottom-bar they put on youtube for a while that would pop up every time you tried to scroll down. As nice as it is to get to my messages with a single click it really isn't worth it if I have to see that ribbon appear every time I open a new page.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Looks like the point of the bar is to last longer, grow larger and become exponentially more annoying with each passing day.

Wow if that' isn't the truth.
This new Street Bar stuck onto the ribbon is absolutely so ANNOYING it's unreal.

Click it away - It comes back.
Change a page - it comes back.

Get the idea?

ANNOYING!

Can we opt out of the ribbon? Or better yet REMOVE the Street View Tab?

Thanks

peace

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It'll only appear if you 'show ribbon' I think.

Anyway, I personally believe that it'll be better to highlight the shows when they're on...and there should be some automatic switch to the advertising of 'StreetView' when they're not on.

top topics

join