It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy of Violence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

We can call it "Conditional Evolution" And its yet another great idea thats come from a random Un-namable member on ATS

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

My life is virtually gone forever, and i am glad in many ways i found out what horrors this planet has.

I am just sick of most humans accepted the conditioning they had, and they think its a fact that humans have to be this way or that way based on majority, no they do not.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I can't say I don't know how he feels, I get upset every time I read/watch about current events and see people pointlessly arguing about things that don't matter and killing one another, even hypocritically since I believe that weapons are necessary, its what spurred this whole post trying to find some kind of solution. It hurts my head thinking about it sometimes.

reply to post by andy1033

Well it's not the end of the world, probably. You are alive, not to mention the wonders of all the information on the internet at your fingertips, much more than a lot of people have. At least I would like to say something hopeful and motivational, but it is just reality that life sucks sometimes and we go through hardships.

You certainly are a true misanthrope, that may be something to be proud of in itself, you are not naive and you recognize the problems of the world. Where will you go from there?
edit on 26-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Dont worry as i say theres a few people left that arnt completely corrupt and Filled with bitterness and greed, If you would like, PM me with your story, I like to learn from peoples storys and find them all amazing, because i can only learn from the experiences of others.

Sometimes were all just looking for someone to listen and care

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Aye i think weve all felt pain in our lives and Have many questions that dont have an obvious answer, Solutions will take time, But i can safely say most of the best people are the ones that accept this world needs to change

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It sucks, I can sit and think of things that might solve problems, but I don't have any sort of influence over anything. This is how everyone thinks of course and no one has any capability to do anything, the ones that do have the capability are already made and care about other things. That is why I said I just don't see the world changing in the foreseeable future. We can sit and discuss stuff and hope, but hope doesn't get # done and I am lazy and broke.

If I did have the capability and tried to implement something like this here in America, no matter if my intentions were good or not I would be compared to hitler. We are all just a bunch of monkeys beating each other for trying to grab a banana, even if we intended to share it fairly.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

yeah its a shame, At the end of the day if a monetary system wasnt forced upon us Everyone and anyone could and would be free to step forward with an inspiring new idea, But no, The intellegent Big-heads sit around making the "Best" decisions for us though they have a lack of of understanding of what it is to be a good person at all

edit on 26/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yes, maybe some kind of connection could be made between everyone, idk artificial telepathy or something? Some kind of system that links our emotions and thoughts between generations and/or individuals, the ability to 'plug in' and 'plug out' of it would eliminate imposing on anyone's freedom and still give those who were curious a glimpse of what others are experiencing. I am convinced that would help us understand each other greatly and in turn reduce our destruction of one another. Look at what the internet did as far as global communication and understanding (on the contrary we wage war on it too). Centuries ago me and you would be fighting each other on the battlefield, maybe we really are making progress of some kind and it is just happening so slow I can't see it.

Edit: hmm, imagine plugging in this system with an animal, such as a dog or a chimp?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yes; definately it would help to understand how others think so we could essentially teach each other and communicate ideas and Morals contained in each others minds.

I do think progress is been made but itll take a few thousand years after our lifetime to make any sort of difference, I really do hope re-incarnation is in some way true so i can once again look upon the past and understand where we wrong and how weve changed for the better, But in all honesty as a Race we are still very young indeed and we have a considerable amount of learning to do before we can take our place in the universe as a significant and ahceiving species, we have "Ironed-out" Many creases in humanity but it theres still many more creases to go

edit on 26/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Well, nice talking to you, but I am going to take a break for now. I will come back later and continue the conversation and see if anyone else has anything they want to share about this, more than likely this thread will just die like all of the ones I have made so far, lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Im hearing you there

All of my best threads seem to have died

Yeah It was brilliant talking to you anyway, Have a good;,, Whatever your doing

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Some people would tell you to stick with what you are good at, so lets ask ourselves as a species, what are we good at more than anything else? Opinions may vary, but it is overwhelmingly evident that humans are probably by far the most efficient killers this planet has ever produced.

I'd have to disagree with you there and say humans are the most efficient "creators" this planet has ever known.

Consider how many things we all create in a day compated to the things we kill?

No contest for me..... I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I think that violence is necessary, and I dont think we can just will it away. Natural selection, whether you think that it is Gods will, or just nature, is a fact. The religious can protest and claim they dont believe in it all they want, but the Bible is a how to book for natural selection.

We are not done evolving. Life is not done evolving. Human beings are far from the be all and end all, and interestingly enough, altruism cannot even remain a workable strategy without discrimination and some consequence for those who refuse to reciprocate.

Even if the whole human race decided to work as one unit, we would always have to be paying attention to those within the group and eliminating the sociopaths and other cheaters that arise. In your own body, your immune system is always hunting down and killing not only outsiders, but subversive insiders like rogue cells (cancers) as well.

The thing to do, if anything, is to decide HOW to be violent, how to best make it work for us as a species and the world. The idea that it will stop somehow because of some strange religious belief or simple will power is craziness. The way we are doing it now is the elite are well aware violence is the way the world works, and the masses pretend that they are not in competition with the elite, and just let themselves be farmed. But that too, is evolution at work. As is the flip side, when the elite get sloppy and the masses notice they are being farmed, and rear up and perpetrate a little violence of their own.

Its just the game we are playing on this world. You can play it consciously, or unconsciously, but you will play it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I'd have to disagree with you there and say humans are the most efficient "creators" this planet has ever known. Consider how many things we all create in a day compated to the things we kill?

No contest for me..... I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

Hear, hear!

You know, the OP almost had me convinced. Because he or she is right, more or less. We humans are gifted killers; we're almost as good at it as microorganisms are.

But when it comes to creating things, it's no contest. No other species comes close.

Well said, nerbot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join