It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading in dreams impossible?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i can't read letters in my dreams, but i do know, that what happens is if i'm looking at something, like a book, mag or newspaper whatever information i'm supposed to know is more so given to me versus read. i believe that the act or going thru the motions of reading while dreaming, is the middle man 'tween me and the source of whatever gives the information.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I only remember one dream where I've read anything. I was looking at a carton of milk on a table. It had big black bold letters that said MILK.
It then developed little cartoon dots for eyes and a frowny mouth and told me off, for it was not milk, but a metal.

I'll definately pay more attention to any reading I do in dreams from now on though.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reading in a dream is usually a lucidity trigger for me.

has anybody ever read a comic book in a dream as the story progresses you find yourself in the comic as part of the story? now that's happened to me quite a few times.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pa.Frost

From what I remember taking in highschool psych classes (which isn't much, I could very well be mistaken), and a little bit of my own research, it isn't so much that you can't read, but that the words don't stay consistent. As in if you were reading a paragraph in a dream, and looked away and back again, the words wouldn't be in the right order, or would just be different. I know this is how it works for numbers in dreams -try looking at a clock in your dream and then check it again, the time should be totally different -, but I can't remember if this is for words as well

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

edit on 19/2/2011 by Gibbled because: double post

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gibbled

I completely agree with this. All I have is, mostly, just nightmares, but when I do get (kind of) a good night's sleep, I see very life-like dreams. In most of them I have to read something, but every time I go ahead and read the text, I can't see it. It just kinda "pops" in my head. So, at least, in my case, it's impossible to read while sleeping.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I've never before heard that reading in dreams was impossible. I read in dreams all of the time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join