It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ten Commandments We Always See, Aren’t The Ten Commandments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

"The truth is, of course, that the curtness of the Ten Commandments is an evidence, not of the gloom and narrowness of a religion, but, on the contrary, of its liberality and humanity. It is shorter to state the things forbidden than the things permitted: precisely because most things are permitted, and only a few things are forbidden." - G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News 1-3-20

The commandments are rules, not general guidelines. They are expressed in negative form because it would take forever, or else be arbitrarily selective, to command the positive things.

But, yes, of course, you wanted to make up your own. That's fine too.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
"The truth is, of course, that the curtness of the Ten Commandments is an evidence, not of the gloom and narrowness of a religion, but, on the contrary, of its liberality and humanity.

Liberality and humanity? That is like alleging that Hitler was a humane liberal.

The following is from: www.evilbible.com...

1) Capital Punishment Crimes:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Mod Note: Posting work written by others - Please review this link

edit on 2/9/2011 by TheRedneck because: edited improper attribution

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it's not that confusing.....good gravy boys....alot of mis-information.....
and the 613 spoken laws were , and i am not paraphrasing,,,,," a witness against the jews"....
again, it's all misinformation bunched up big...the 10 stand....don't go looking at the catholic version....they wanted to have idols....so they changed em up....to leave out that one ( sounda about right ) and then to keep the count at ten....they split the other one....as prophecy states the false one would seek to change the times and the law....they got rid of the "no idols " clause...so they could be super evil.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES

See image above

I note that your image states "You shall have no foreign gods (Elohim)." In the Hebrew text of Genesis, "In the beginning the gods (the Elohim) created the heavens and the earth." it was apparently these gods (Elohim belng the plural of El and Eloah) who allegedly created the universe, long before the introduction of YHVH, who was merely one of numerous bronze age tribal deities, and certainly not a monotheistic creator; the idea that YHVH was the monotheistic creator of the universe is entirely anachronistic (not in historical context) and a much later idea.

Lux

For those who might know the original Hebrew does not say “God” but rather, “gods,” they fall back on the various explanations that have been posited to explain away the notion that the revealed religion of the Jews was not always a purely monotheistic religion nor were the early Israelites, forerunners of the later Jewish people, monotheists themselves. In addition, the idea that gods (as opposed to “a god”) created the heavens and the earth was widely consistent in the area for thousands of years. Later Jewish scribes responsible for the composition of the Old Testament, now fierce monotheists unlike their forefathers, had to re-tell the ancient stories to fit their worldview of that time, that being, there was only ONE true god. In their minds, the ancient gods and their actions had to be amalgamated to become the Jewish “God” - Yahweh.

Link

edit on 9-2-2011 by Lucifer777 because: quote added

edit on 2/9/2011 by yeahright because: Staff edit - Add link & external quote box

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I MoshAH 1

1 The Creator of ‘The Explosion’ is YA. The Creator of mankind is YA. The Son of Man is YA. The Prime Mover is YA. (Bara-Esh-YA, Bara ish YA, Bar ish YA, Baresh YA, Ycarb - בר אש י). He is Amazingly Perfect (Eth Ath, ttת- )! He is The Almighty Eternal Loving YA of All Creation (Eloah-YA-Im)! He is Almighty Eternal Loving YA Creating “His Nation” (Eloah-YA-Am). He created the amazing energies which formed the *ShamaYAim and the amazing energies which formed the Eartz.
2 Originally the Eartz was (hayah) non-existent (tohuw) and was only emptiness (bohuw). Complete Darkness (Choshek, Entropy) covered the face of “The Deep” (Space). Then His RUWach (Most High Loving Spirit YAUW) of Almighty Eternal Loving YA of All Creation began “A Moving” creating the physical faces for creation (panaiyim) and Space itself.
3 Almighty Eternal Loving YA of All Creation “Proclaimed The Call of YAH” (Ameri-CAH), “Let there be AUWra (an explosive radiance from YAHUW) and there was “The Explosion” of light-energy from YA!
4 Almighty Eternal Loving YA of All Creation saw The Explosion of the light-energy* and made it orderly. Almighty Eternal Loving YA of All Creation separated the light-energy (matter) of space from the dark-energy (antimatter) of space.
5 Almighty Eternal Loving YA of All Creation continues to accelerate out The Explosion of light-energy into Space from this first YAom (movement of YAH). The anti-light energy (antimatter), He called into “The Darkness.” So there was The Darkness and there was His Light. This was and still is the first YAom (movement of YAH).

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anybody notice the Catholics have a different set of ten commandments then Christians do? Catholics split up the last commandment into two, while leaving out the second commandment which is: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image. This would give them their excuse to worship and pray to all their hundreds of saints and idols.

Source From a catholic site too! lol

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
www.disinfo.com...
Link to article

According to the above article the following 10 commandments that most people are some what familiar with are not the real 10 commandments.

"And God spoke all these words, saying: 'I am the LORD your God…

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

www.allabouttruth.org...

Just so you know, there are not ten, but eleven commandments.
If you would like to read the actuals, here they are:

thechronicleproject.org...
c The Chronicle Project 2009
The Decrees
v1 And so the supreme ones decreed all of the decrees and declared:
v2 I, Ruler of all the supreme ones, the one who progressed your people by
colonizing you in the land of Egypt, that house of service.
v3 Do not seek the council of the supreme ones under me, behind my back.
v4 Do not proceed to carve things and then everyone proceed to worship the
improvements (we made) inside of the sky, those that are above.
Nor worship anything we made to progress the Earth that is on the land, or under it.
Nor any improvements in the waters in the land.
v5 You are not to hold fasts for them nor shall you serve them in any way.
As so, I the Ruler of all, am the only one you should respond to, so I may protect
you. I oversee the placement of burdens on the lineage of sons thirty and forty years
of age who slander my people.
v6 And I deliver kindness to you, by my teachings, which will refuge you and warn
you through my law.
FINISH
v7 Do not exhaust the value of the name Ruler of all, your supreme one, to puff up
your statements. You are not allowed to attach my name to your statements or vows
to try and progess their validity and in doing so make my name worthless.
v8 Always remember the day of rest, as the Sabbath is special.
v9 Six long days you have to serve and work at all your jobs.
v10 The day to marvel (the seventh) is Sabbath to Ruler of all, your supreme. Do
not proceed to make anyone work, not you or your sons or daughters, who serve
you. Nothing that is in your care, not even your livestock shall work. And you are to
make sure that the poor within the city gates are given their needs. (So that they will
not have to beg on this day).
v11 As so in six days were made by Ruler of all, all that draw attention above in the
celestials, and on the Earth, and in the waters. Everything we made to progress the
Earth in those areas. All before the day to marvel as was stated and then Ruler of all
blessed the Sabbath day and held it in highest esteem over the others.

v12 You are to take care of your mother and father (in their old age) to prolong your
length of days over the land progressed, that Ruler of all has given to you.
FINISH
v13 Do not proceed to abandon those who need your support
FINISH
v14 Do not proceed to break authority vows
FINISH
v15 Do not proceed to steal
FINISH
v16 Do not out of fear inside, lie about an event.
FINISH
v17 Do not proceed to want those of your household, your flesh and blood to fear you.
FINISH
Do not want that your wife fears you and your servants and maidservants and oxen and
those of your vineyards and all of your increase to fear you.
FINISH

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingKeever1611
Anybody notice the Catholics have a different set of ten commandments then Christians do? Catholics split up the last commandment into two, while leaving out the second commandment which is: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image. This would give them their excuse to worship and pray to all their hundreds of saints and idols.

Source From a catholic site too! lol

Actually, Catholics do not worship saints or statues. They pray intercessory prayers to saints (essentially asking the saint to pray for them, or petition them to God, since a saint in heaven likely has the ear of the big guy), and the statuary (and crucifix, another Catholic only sort of thing) is there not to worship, but to allow one to focus on the person being pictured. The Eastern Orthodox Church is big on icons, but this, once again, is the veneration of icons, not the worship of them. They are a means to worship, not a worship in themselves.

It's easy to misunderstand, particularly for Protestants, as the concepts are not a part of our beliefs (I am a Catholic leaning Protestant.) But it's not anything evil, just different.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I gave you free will
Now DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD!

this is all about missunderstanding
so there is a good excuse to go to war and enrich the bankers

Every kind of Christian saying they are the only tue Christians is totally laughable

After Ted Haggard ( the head of the biggest evengelical organization in the states) got busted being a gay meth hed, youl'd think Christians would get a glimpse of the truth....
but, sadly noe.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

After Ted Haggard ( the head of the biggest evengelical organization in the states) got busted being a gay meth hed, youl'd think Christians would get a glimpse of the truth....
but, sadly noe.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

What truth is to be glimpsed by a man's sins exactly? Do you think that he was supposed to be above sin? Some of the most wicked people on Earth are found in the heirarchy of churches.
God did not invent religion, man did and it is full of lies and perversions. God created the spirit, and religion and spirituality are very different.
Reminds me of a quote I saw here somewhere: "Religion is for those afraid of Hell, Spirituality is for those of us that have been there."

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

oh come on, you can't judge all Christians by a few bad apples. Have some courtesy
Like your avatar by the way!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

ehh, possibly, I still think its weird praying to plaster and wood so they ask God something for you in return. Why not just go straight to the main power source and by bass all this intercessory prayer stuff (cough* mary...)

1 Tim 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

I think I'll stick with praying directly to Jesus Christ for my prayers to be heard. Makes sense no? well, according to the Holy Bible it does, maybe not so much to idols makers and users. Lot of money there...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingKeever1611
reply to post by adjensen

ehh, possibly, I still think its weird praying to plaster and wood so they ask God something for you in return. Why not just go straight to the main power source and by bass all this intercessory prayer stuff (cough* mary...)

1 Tim 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

I think I'll stick with praying directly to Jesus Christ for my prayers to be heard. Makes sense no? well, according to the Holy Bible it does, maybe not so much to idols makers and users. Lot of money there...

Well, again, bear in mind that I'm not a Catholic, but the idea is that you don't replace your prayers with intercessory prayers, you supplement your prayers with them, just like you don't stop eating healthy because you've decided to start taking vitamin tablets. Saints are people that God presumably thinks pretty highly of (remember, it's a Catholic thing, so a person's works weigh in on the merit of them), so if they intercede on your behalf, that would likely be a helpful thing.

Most churches have a "prayer chain", or something similar, where someone asks us to pray for them or someone else, because they are ill, or someone has just died, or something else. An intercessory prayer is much the same thing, except that you're asking a saint in heaven to participate.

Like I said, for us Protestants, it seems kind of weird, but when you think about it, maybe it makes some degree of sense.
edit on 12-2-2011 by adjensen because: oopsies

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You all do know that there was originally 15 Commandments. Here's the proof! It may also explain what happened to the other tablets.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Moses broke the first tablets. He threw them into the ground in rage after he learned that the people were worshiping the golden cow idol.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer777

ahh we got ourselves a wise guy here.
this could get interesting.

Originally posted by Lucifer777
There are anyway traditionally 613 laws (commandments) in Mosaic Law including numerous incitements to genocide, infanticide, gang rape etc. Like Sharia Law, Judiasm is not just a religion, it is a system of Law which was allegedly imposed on an ancient tribal society.

Just as in modern law, there are laws, and there are also sentencing guidelines.

ok these people had just been freed from slavery. they had just seen 7 miracles take place. they walked through a river to escape the army and were being lead by a man that said the God of their fathers was giving him his power...

these people knew this was the all knowing almighty creator, and within 40 days they had already been worshiping their own gods.

call the commandments good advice more than anything else. crap doesn't start hitting the fan until EVERYONE is breaking the rules.

Bear in mind that the sentencing guidlines for all of the above involve mandatory executions. Further the deity of the ancient Israelites was not a monotheistic deity; it was simply the primitive and savage tribal deity of the ancient Israelites; it was one of many deities in that region; the montheistic Christians and Judaists have simply taken the definitions of that deity and imposed it onto later monotheistic beliefs.

If the above laws were to be imposed on humankind, the consequences would be genocidal.

bear in mind that Christ was in constant conflict with the pharisee. you know the "law keepers" the high priests of judaism... just sayin.

Essentially a law against unlawful killing, however "lawful" killing under the Mosaic Law would result in the deaths of probably 99.9999% of the adult population of the world.

once again pharisees vs. Jesus it was the law keepers that killed Jesus. get where I'm going with this?

This is probably one of the most misunderstood commandments. Both the Islamic and Judaic faiths are derived from polygamous societies where slavery (including sex slavery) was quite normal. There is nothing in the Bible which promotes the modern Christian practice of monogamy. Essentially in the primitive tribal society which the Mosaic Laws have come from, a man could have as many women as he could purchase; "adultery" was an executable offence which has to do with the laws of a slave master and his sex slaves.

Since paedophilia was socially acceptable, a man could have sex with a child he had purchased; it was only adultery if some other person came along and had sex with a child whom he had not purchased as his private property
Further when "young virgin females" were captured during military campaigns, they could be spared from genocide and taken as sex slaves.

this is where the understanding that the old testament is full of the folly of man is important. God eventually turned his back on his chosen people because they turned their back on him too many times.

Essentially this really should be "Thou shall not steal from another member of your tribe" as it was quite acceptible to commit genocide on the surrounding tribes and steal their possessions, daughters, etc.

once again folly of man.

To "covet" is to desire to possess them; it was quite acceptable to purchase one's neighbour's possessions, so it may not literally mean "covet;" it may rather refer to "stealing." .

yes it means "covet" it mean do not desire for the possessions of others. that desire will eventually lead to action.. stop don't do that it's not nice.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

bravo.. wow that blew my mind when i read it. it's so much more intense with that translation and really puts the emphasis where i felt like it should be... absolutely amazing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join