It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Tries to Re-Animate Dead Sister, Sets Fire to House Instead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

A night fire in an apartment block has been caused by a woman who tried to reanimate her long-dead elder sister with electricity. The horrific story happened in Ekaterinburg, the biggest city in the Urals.

The suspected arsonist, 69, apparently was not completely of sound mind, judging by her mental health record.

A year ago, her 73-year-old sister died from natural causes, prosecutors told Noviy Region news agency. However, instead of reporting the death, the woman preserved the body with gasoline and had been trying the reanimate it ever since.

rt.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

Hmmmmm...

apparently was not completely of sound mind

Really? She might fall into 'whacko' category on my non-professional mental health scale.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Whu....

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any stranger.......

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Wow a real-life Dr. Frankenstein!

I admire her commitment

edit on 26/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Hmmmmm...

apparently was not completely of sound mind

Really? She might fall into 'whacko' category on my non-professional mental health scale.

I think you got that right. Imagine what the doctors will start asking now:
*Do you keep dead bodies in your house?
*Do you preserve them with gasoline?
*Do you use electricity to set everything on fire--I mean, do you try your best to bring them back to life?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
ya know, i'm all for a good reanimating party, but sometimes ya just gotta say enough is enough. i mean, everyone knows a year is way too long to wait to reanimate a corpse, sheesh..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
YES!!!
Ok, so I have had a big bummer of a day. But this just makes me smile.

Only thing missing is the famous last words of any redneck "Hey yall, watch this!"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid

the woman preserved the body with gasoline and had been trying the reanimate it ever since.

Yeah....

Let's try reanimating a body that's been soaking in gasoline for a year with an electrical spark.

NICE!

POOF!, Where'd she go?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Someone send that woman a copy of Pet Sematary!
We ALL know THEY never come back, the same...

edit on 26-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am sorry but this headline made me laugh out loud! I hope I am not joing the ATS mean spirited bunch but this has to be the craziest thing I have heard all week. She is in the country for the men to come by night with the dogs and torches.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow. That poor woman.

Folks, not to get all preachy, but this story should be good incentive. Dementia strikes many people in their later years; there's no "bottom age" for it, it can hit just about anyone... And a good many people either can't afford the care they need for the affliction, or just slip through the cracks. If there are elder people in your community, please, check in on them. Even if it's just saying hello, or bringing the newspaper to their front door or something. See what you can do to make their lives a little better, or even safer. if you know that someone is, well, "gone," there are numerous resources that you can turn to to help them out; contact some of the local hospitals, caregiver organizations, or even your local red cross.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
She did this because there are people who don't like death, thus they will do anything to bring back there loved one.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
She would have had a better chance if she didn't soak the body in gas first.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Wow. Just wow. That poor woman.

Folks, not to get all preachy, but this story should be good incentive. Dementia strikes many people in their later years; there's no "bottom age" for it, it can hit just about anyone... And a good many people either can't afford the care they need for the affliction, or just slip through the cracks. If there are elder people in your community, please, check in on them. Even if it's just saying hello, or bringing the newspaper to their front door or something. See what you can do to make their lives a little better, or even safer. if you know that someone is, well, "gone," there are numerous resources that you can turn to to help them out; contact some of the local hospitals, caregiver organizations, or even your local red cross.
i think they didn't come by that old ladies house to check on her because it smelled like a corpse was soaking in gasoline for a year. Hey i get bitchy because my house smells closed up sometimes but hey i am sure stinky dead bodies and gasoline is a definate deterent for having friends come over.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

Yeah, But you gotta admire her determination

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Pickled in vinegar might have worked better! Gas????? Not so much!
Zindo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Awesome. I love the comments. Glad it was able to make you smile macman
People are crazy huh?

top topics

join