It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dose god need you to kill for him?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
god all knowing all powerful, so am lead to believe. so why dose he need any, murdering, lying, hyoc'critical, cowardly low life, to do it for him. if god wants you dead, your dead. did he command us not to kill each other, so if he has told us not to, why do we. so the cowardly low life's who do these acts of murder, there not doing it for there god, they are just, murdering lying hyoc'critical cowardly low life's. these idiots who claim to follow a loving god, will go to war and kill each other. how sad. you should all be ashamed, you cowards.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
who is the dose god? does he dose you up with some good stuff or am i just on the wrong track here

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

It depends on which God your talking about really

Personally i would never belive in a god that Condones killing in any form,
However seemingly other strange people do

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

ha ha very funny. i bet your one of those murdering lying hyoc'critical cowardly low life's how sad you are. think its funny do you.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

What the heck are you on about?! Hes condemming murder and you come out with something like that

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

what ever god the person believes in, if he tells them not to kill, dont kill. thank you for replying, stay safe.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

Surely thats the same point you were making....I have no idea...

Then again i have no real idea what anybody in this thread is on about anymore

Stay safe as well anyway

edit on 26/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

Dear gary, 13, how dare you address me like that!

Now go and do your homework (grammar) and get to bed.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

Your way off base son, accusing people of being murderers. Who do you think you are? Just because someone has a sense of humor means that they are a "murdering lying hypocritical low life"?!? Where do you get this kind of # from? The only people that I see killing over their god are Islamic extremists, and yes they are killing for their god, not for the sake of killing, it is written in their holy text that if they become a martyr that they are greeted in their heaven by 72 virgins.
edit on 26-1-2011 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think you are trying to find out why if there is the Sixth Commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Kill", then why is there war? I think the first thing that needs to be understood is that the Hebrew word that was translated as kill is more closely translated as murder. Even the ancient Hebrews who followed these commandments had capital punishment for a variety of offenses including "keeping an ox known to be dangerous that wound up killing somebody". Capital punishment is a homicide, but it is not murder. If we took Thou shall not Kill literally, it would even prohibit the killing of animals and plants for food. Now that would be silly, wouldn't it? As far as war goes, I'm not going to argue that I am all for every reason why wars start, but really, the ancient Hebrews had no problem going to war against their enemies. I think it was justifiable for the Allies to go to war against the Axis. I also see no problem committing a homicide to protect your own life.

I believe the proper way to interpret this commandment is as a prohibition against an individual wantonly taking innocent human lives. In other words, Thou Shall Not Murder.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

who are you, and what have i called you? ps sorry about my grammar,

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Actually the real Sixth commandment was "Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God"

According to the original and Un-Tainted bible.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

dont call me son, what are you a christian. ps am not 13, its just my lucky number. pps sorry about my grammar, am dyslexic, but thank you for pointing that out to me. stay safe.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

i see your point. but for one human to kill another its wrong. so if we kill the killer, does it mean 2 wrongs make a right. stay safe

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

OK,ok...but he was referring to Exodus 20:2-17 and the rules Moses gave to the people, and not the tablets in Exodus 34
edit on 26-1-2011 by tsawyer2 because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

i have told a few porkies before and i have killed things before but to call me hypocritical, you should be ashamed young man. and to think one of my best freinds is called gary, well not anymore after that outburst

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

anyway on a serious note, my grandparents were some real nice people who did work for charities and tried to be a nice as possible as they believed doing good was right, they were also deeply religious and believed all that do to others what you would expect them to do to for you stuff. they would never kill people in the name of god, but we dont mix politics with religion here in the uk, and this is something that you are clearly getting mixed up about yourself.
just because bush says that he is bombing iraq in the name of god and his 4 thousand year old world does not mean he is speaking the truth, its just propoganda that you are clearly not mentally advanced enough to see through.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

young man am probably older than you. just because i've put down Gary13 does not mean i'm 13 years old. 13 is my lucky number. stay safe.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

I understand what you were trying to get at now gary

Sorry about the confusion, But as you probably know Most people just dont read things properly these days

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

way off base am i. do you pay taxes to your government, your taxes pay for murdering inncent people. so dont tell me am off base. we all want to hide away from the truth, its about time we faced it. onward christian soldier's. but its nothing to do with you, or does it. check international laws on what a person should do when there country is in a illegal war. stay safe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join