It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More birds dead. Parrot deaths remain mysterious...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

More birds dead. Parrot deaths remain mysterious...

www.guardian.co.uk

731 African grey parrots were discovered dead after a short flight from Johannesburg to Durban, South Africa, on Christmas eve. The circumstances surrounding these birds deaths remain mysterious and suspicious.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.africageographic.com

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not sure if this particular article has been posted before but thought i would share it just in case it hasn't.

The mass deaths of birds and fish throughout the world is of concern. Especially since they all happened in such large amounts across the globe within a short period of time.

Hopefully we will find out what is really happening soon so we can try and do something about it.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well obviously someone from the gov't snuck in there and poisoned them.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
After reading this article, the more I think about it, the less I feel it has to do with any of the mass die-offs.
Besides being shipped inhumanely to say the very least.

When the 15 shipping crates were opened, it was discovered that between 46 and 48 wild African grey parrots had been crammed into the 1x1x1.5 meter space. This tight packing was in direct violation of International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations, which clearly state that each bird must have its own perch and that no more than 25 small birds can be placed into a container.

There also seems to be some possible debate as to whether they might have been dead when they were "packed".

But why would anyone pack and ship "500 kilos" of dead parrots? Aren't they more valuable alive? Well ...maybe.

And though my suspicions could be wrong, this for me is a red flag...

As it so happens, these African grey parrot bodies are the subject of a legal dispute over ownership. Henry "Hennie" Matthews, a parrot breeder in Roodepoort, and Ben Moodie, a Boksburg attorney who claims he imported the birds to be sold through his business, Iceland Industrial Projects, both claim they own the birds. A R1.7 million damage claim has been lodged against 1time/Express Air Services for the death and loss of the birds.

I'm not saying the owner(s) shouldn't seek damages, but when you put this whole story together, something just doesn't add up...

In the official report (which is unavailable), the state veterinarian, Dr Naidoo, described massive hemorrhaging around the parrots' eyes and grey, collapsed lungs. But Dr Steve Boyes, director of the World Parrot Trust Africa and a postdoctoral fellow at the Percy FitzPatrick Institute of African Ornithology, says that his "lengthy conversations" with Dr Naidoo revealed symptoms that are not consistent with the official cause of death.

Just my thoughts. S&F.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Klassified because: change in text

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Somone had to post this....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
After reading the article I was thinking suffocation. There is a rule to not put too many in one cage and since they did that anyway I would say it was most likely suffocation. But then again after saying this I am surprised some did not survive as after some died there would be more air for some left in the cage. Bird flu would not kill them in 70 minutes. If they were given seed during or before the flight perhaps it was poison but then that would be mean that all of the parrots had a meal.

The biggest mystery I find about all of the bird deaths is that all die together.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This has been happening with shipped parrots for over a hundred years.

It happens all the time and many people protest the inhumane shipping practices of tropical birds for this reason alone.

Sad but typical.

MM

new topics

top topics

join