It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive structures and an Ancient Atmosphere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good day everyone,
I have been doing a lot of research based on ancient civilizations lately and have been stuck on a thought and figured what better place to postulate than on ATS.
My thought is based off the massive size of the structures that were found and related in Graham Hancock’s “fingerprints of the gods”.
There’s talk that some of the structures that were created thousands of years ago were massive insize and its unexpected for humans to be able to organize such massive structures let alone be able to lift the boulders and place them where they are.
There’s some that are the equivalent of 300 family size cars.
There’s one structure called the Sacsayhuaman, and here’s a part from Fingerprints of the gods

“Garcilaso also reported something else interesting. In his Royal
Commentaries of the Incas he gave an account of how, in historical times,
an Inca king had tried to emulate the achievements of his predecessors
who had built Sacsayhuaman. The attempt had involved bringing just one
immense boulder from several miles away to add to the existing
fortifications: .This boulder was hauled across the mountain by more than
20,000 Indians, going up and down very steep hills ... At a certain spot, it
fell from their hands over a precipice crushing more than 3000 men.. 20 In
all the histories I surveyed, this was the only report which described the
Incas actually building, or trying to build, with huge blocks like those
employed at Sacsayhuaman.”

So they weren’t even able to replicate one single rock structure because of the extent of work but there’s sites around the world where you see them being lugged up mountain ranges and stacked as if they are Mickey mouse building blocks.

There are the theories of Giants and Aliens.. but I had a rather different theory and if it’s already in the workings I apologize if it is not original.
So my thought is, could it be possible that in ancient days we had less gravity in our atmosphere?
Not substantially less but just enough to change something that’s one ton to feel like something that’s ¾ of a ton.
My reasoning for this is that we have ancient civilizations and buildings miles below the sea level. So that means at one time structures that are miles below the ocean right now we’re at one time considered sea level. Considering there was a massive flood ( recorded umpteen times in many different references) that if it’s possible that our new sea level is higher than previous. Would it not than mean that our atmosphere could have possible had lesser gravity therefore making it easier to carry massive rock structures up mountains? I mean not EASY .. but easier than if the gravity were stronger.
What are your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You will find very interesting this thread

Pyramids, Baalbek, Stonehenge, Sacsayhuamán...How was it done ? .. Answer: Alien tech

Look at that beauty... no human on earth or machines can lift and carve this stone

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

I think the subject matter is completely fascinating.

What I can't figure out is why you are linking the atmosphere to gravity?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That is awesome!! Is there proof that it was "moved" or could it very well have been carved down in spot?
I'm just curious.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

one word... FAIL.
But i'm not sure how to change the topic now.. double fail.
edit on 26-1-2011 by srbouska because: more info

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

i reckon the dinosaurs made the baalbeck stones out of diplodocus poo that got really hard as the years went by.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No seriously.

Less atmoshpere making a reduction in overall mass?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Thats what i was thinking, yes.. I should have put gravity but my whole thought was kinda like a ball with an atmosphere, if the ball grows, does the atmosphere grow with it or stay the same causing stronger gravity as it grows.
Rather, not GROW but get more layered.
edit on 26-1-2011 by srbouska because: wrong wording

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It is very convincing to me,that the evidence refutes rather than supports most accounts of these construction marvels.
I cannot fathom the entire achaeological science which cannot account for the enormity of the megaliths,being accurate in much of its version of history, without first unlocking the secrets of these things.
The proposition you make is very logical in the sense that it may account for much more of the facts, though perhaps yet not all....
It occurs to be that water in its three states,ice ,vapour , and liquid,may ac# for some gravitational anomalies, as it changed position, as well as composition during ice ages, and in between.
Could this account for some of your proposed anomalies?
There are gravitic anomalous areas over the worlds surface today that are measured.As gravity is supposedly related to mass density, the expectation would be for minor fluctuations at least over the composition of the crust.
Not sure if true but one would suspect a slightly stronger gravity field over the canadian shield as opposed to say yellowstone where the crust may be of different composition, or perhaps thickness...?
The evidence for giants even primitive man seems taller, the size of the dinosaurs, the indications of large faune, and flora (giant ferns)etc leads to the speculation the earth may have had a lower gravty in the past....
The Co2/Oxy ratio could also account for these biig species, but gravity may provide a better grip on the difference in size of the fauna back then.
I know this preceeds the megaliths buy millions of years but maybe opens the door to fluctuating gravity over time...?
No expert at anything special, i cannot propound any particular version, but do agree that the OP has a point though the atmospheric explanation may be faulty in relation to gravitics.
edit on 26-1-2011 by stirling because: to say that the atmosphere may not have the effect you seek, but there may be other influences....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I too thought this. With less gravity you also could explain the giant races of man and even the size of dinosaurs. Maybe the Earth rotates faster than it did thousands of years ago. Why? I don't know but I think it could explain the monolithic structures across the globe.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Seems like the mass of the atmosphere would stay the same, but the density would increase.

I like your lesser gravity theory, it's as good as any concerning those stones.

Maybe carbon dating the stones, and cross reference their age to any living creatures at the time. Get a fosslized bone from an animal of that time period. Get a sample of bones from a creature that still exists to this day and compare bone density.

I dunno. I can think of a few reasons why that would be a junk science experiment.

Can you think of any way to prove a lesser amount of gravity?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

YES! exactly, thats where i was generally going to lead is into the "island rule" etc is perhaps its all relevant to our earths spin, could it be that we've slowed down since then. I mean I'm thinking of the days when there was hte massive deluge recorded... so i mean aside from paranormal or religious explanations of that lets think logically, we know that civilazations worldwide record a giant flood whiping out alot of people... now knowing what we know about our planet and space and sun etc, could it be that there were massive glaciers in a spot of the world they arent now, and we had a massive solar flare or massive volcanoe that made the glaciers melt at such a quick pace it caused a deluge? Now if you turn ice to water quickly, its going to shift, perhaps the flood itself caused our "wobble" due to displacement of mass on our planet!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Have you or anyone else out there read Erich von Daniken Chariots of the Gods. Am still somewhat new to this area so ive no idea if this man is "respected" in this field but i found the information he presented really interesting and it has made me continue reseaching on the subject. So thanks for posting sir.

Drustew

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I cant think of a way, but i am still researching. My other thought is perhaps our dating of artifacts at a certain age is also affected by this gravitational change. Perhaps if we took into consideration a gravitational change causing isotopes to decay either quicker or slower would cause us to come to a more sensible conclusion of the dates of these ancient artifacts and structures. As at this point the archaelogical community cant understand why these structures are there when there were no technologically advanced humans to build them.
I have no idea of how to prove the gravity differences from past to present... unless we use actual ancient texts that state there were giants and goliaths as such... perhaps that is our only record of a change in our atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

I have read it, i would also suggest the Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham hancock and if you get the history channel "ancient aliens"
I'm glad to open some more eyes, its needed.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The flood theory could be it. I didn't think of that. I was leaning toward the growing earth theory. If the earth is in fact growing then I would think it could effect the gravitational pull also. More gravity now than in ancient times makes more sense than a lot of other theories going around.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Drustew

Yes...

I did back in the 1970s when it first came out. Yes I was just a kid at the time. Scientifically speaking he does leave a lot to be desired but he does raise some rather interesting questions.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I still like the idea of aliens coming in with all their advanced technology, when there were just homoerectus running around, mating with homo erectus to create homosapiens. There are myths in many areas of giant bearded white men (the aliens) who bred with humans and advanced civilization, taking man out of the caveman era and into all sort of advances.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Would the rate at which the earth spins affect gravity though?

I'm not sure that centrifugal force would apply here.

Maybe centripetal force as mass is pushed out from the center of the earth towards the crust causing expansion in conjunction with earths internal forces.

Damn. I wish I was smarter!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Is it growing and also increasing in mass?

Is density being confused with mass here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join