It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare Actuary Doubts (Admits) Health Care Law Will Hold Down Costs (& can't keep Insurance-as pr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Go ahead. Bitch and complain all you want about me and my disliking of Obama/supporting Dems. They are lying pompus Asses. Yea, I said it. What displeases me that more of you Aren't getting it yet. Shame.
READ THIS and argue that I wrong!

WASHINGTON -- Two of the central promises of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law are unlikely to be fulfilled, Medicare's independent economic expert told Congress on Wednesday.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c97f0b54b5d8.jpg[/atsimg]

The landmark legislation probably won't hold costs down, and it won't let everybody keep their current health insurance if they like it, Chief Actuary Richard Foster told the House Budget Committee. His office is responsible for independent long-range cost estimates.

Foster's assessment came a day after Obama in his State of the Union message told lawmakers that he's open to improvements in the law, but unwilling to rehash the health care debate of the past two years. Republicans want to repeal the landmark legislation that provides coverage to more than 30 million people now uninsured, but lack the votes.

Foster was asked by Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., for a simple true or false response on two of the main assertions made by supporters of the law: that it will bring down unsustainable medical costs and will let people keep their current health insurance if they like it. On the costs issue, "I would say false, more so than true," Foster responded. As for people getting to keep their coverage, "not true in all cases."

Source: www.foxnews.com...#

So, we go to the guy who is responsible for this infomation. He tells it. Now watch how Obama and crew go about trying to discredit and drag him through the mud for TELLING THE TRUTH>

Maybe that is why Obama is such a big-time liar. He is afraid to get dirty.

I can't believe we, as citizens, are not up in arms... Oh, that's right WE ARE.

Obama, you political days are numbered- I predict the BIGGEST landside Republican win since Reagan when he got 49 of the States in the POTUS election.

edit on 1/26/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/26/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Darn it. I wish the title would have read like the picture/headline on the story.

I think this will get missed and I believe that it is unfortunate as this is big.

These two points were the main things that were hammered on the USA people. And, it was done with the intent of distorting the actual truth.

And, the saddest thing. It wasn't for the good health of the America people. It was to gain control and power over them. And the MSM went right along with it instead of doing its job and finding out the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Don't worry, the heroic GOP will fight hard to make damn sure that insurance companies can once again drop you for having a pre existing condition, and refuse to pay if you do get sick.

We simply cannot let these insurance companies be hurt by this horrible horrible law, so better scrap the whole thing and let "states" take up the issue because as the GOP has said, the "states" have been chomping at the bit to fix health care on a state by state basis.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

They better not... not in the way you are indicating. I'm all for free market and choice etc but with all the health care discussion/debating etc-one thing is clear.

The system is not working properly or to it's best potential. We need to tweek/fix the little problems and not create a bigger one.

State to state portability, pre-existing conditons, children etc . I agree. Lack of effort on the companies part and it will take us the citizens to continue to gripe.

That is why Obama care has to be ammended and/or scraped and then done again. I don't care if they called it ObamaCare... just make it better without the lying and back-room deals. Get majority of both parties and lets get this doen rigth DAM IT

The problem is that the ones in charge of enforcement against companies are bound by old/outdated laws and state lines. We all need to think outside the box on this. Lets be the best example what a country can do and not the laughing stock. IMO.

edit on 1/27/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
just anothe bush..a man with nothing but boken promises and full of lies. satan in disguise*

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Well said- I think. Do you think Bush is as bad a liar as Obama?

For me-I think Obama has proven himself a liar 10 fold in 2 years in measuring anything to Bush with 8 years.

Heck, even people in his ow administration are feeling the alleged greatest POTUS of all time (according to MSM and the wacky left).

top topics

join