It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common garden weed 'cures skin cancer', say scientists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The sap from a plant known as petty spurge or milkweed - found by roadsides and in woodland - can 'kill' certain types of cancer cells when applied to the skin.

It works on non-melanoma skin cancers, which affect hundreds of thousands of Britons each year.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Interesting, to say the least. Let's hope this has validity. Not a new theory, but a new study from the scientists to support it.

Related: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/26/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
mother nature again with an answer !

mother nature 1

big pharma -13413

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Milkweed and dandelion have both long been folk cures for warts and skin cancers.
Good to see science finally verifying their efficacy.
And both plants have edible parts too.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have used two common folk cures for removing warts.

One involves milkweed, but it is this species, Asclepias syriaca, that I used. The method is to apply the sap of the plant directly on the wart four times a day.

The other cure involves spitting on a penny and rubbing the wet penny on the wart.

Both have worked for me. In fact, I used the penny method just a month ago. S&F!
edit on 26-1-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
mother nature again with an answer !

mother nature 1

big pharma -13413

Your numbers are waaaaay off! Big Pharma get's 99% of every cure for every ailment directly from mother nature and then, and only then creates a synthetic compound that works similarly so that they have something they can patent and control and sell to the public.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

One involves milkweed, but it is this species, Asclepias syriaca, that I used. The method is to apply the sap of the plant directly on the wart four times a day.

The other cure involves spitting on a penny and rubbing the wet penny on the wart.

Both have worked for me. In fact, I used the penny method just a month ago. S&F!

When I was a youngster a long ago, I remember if somebody said they had a wart, an elder would say, "Can I buy it from you for a penny?" After explaining that the wart would go away once it was purchased, the one with the wart, usually, a child or youngster, agreed and would take the penny.

My understand is that technique worked because the youngster believed it would work. "Power of suggestion" some would say.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

man that's way too random. I just can't handle it...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow...had to leave for a bit to get some milkweed
Thanks for all the replies. Results like this are pretty encouraging.

In the study of 36 patients after an average of 15 months following treatment, two thirds of the 48 skin cancer lesions still showed a complete response.

Nature really does help us if we listen.

Yes, big pharma will take it and apply quality control for us by deriving a synthetic. All for us.

The only other larger media outlet that seems to have picked up this story so far is the Times of India. Coincidentally, here's a Hindu web page from 2009 that talks about milkweed and precancerous growths, with a link to some before and after pictures. www.indiadivine.org... Some wise people have always known...

Chemist and Druggist out of the UK also linked it in their news stories. You'd think this would be bigger news.

This USDA site shows maps of all the different kinds of milkweed in the U.S. and where it is found, along with some photos plants.usda.gov...

Now if we could just find something for melanoma, something one of my favorite singers and way to many other people have died of...

Peace.

edit on 1/26/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is an excellent find. To bad that this cure will not be produced for the publilc. Big phama companies unfortunately do not want a cure for cancer, it makes them too much money.

Why would they risk loosing billions of dollars a year by releasing a milkweed lotion that cures skin cancer?

They want to keep you sick so you keep buying their products, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm so bored of this obsession with categorizing every single thing on earth as either causing or curing cancer, I'm starting to get the feeling that someone is just going through the dictionary at this point and assigning a random cause / cure value.

We've had M for milkweed today and O for Oral sex.... so next up should be Pancakes
edit on 26-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

What happened to N

I suppose maybe we're obsessed because so many people we know love have or have died from cancer. That and it's the human way to try to cure or fix things.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i hate it,
i try and tell people that chemo does nothing but destroy you body and it's not an effective cure for cancer, and they all say the same thing...
"What do you mean, i know someone who used chemo and they are still alive/ lived longer then the docter said they would."
So i tell them they could still be alive if they used other means then chemo, and they get upset and cant except the truth...
"YOUR NOT A DOCTER, WHAT DO YOU KNOW??!!"

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I have a cure for warts, a razor blade!!
I had a wart on my finger and cut the blighter out!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well thats true enough, but many billions more people have died of Lower respiratory infections and I don't remember the last time a newspaper printed anything about that.

It has become a strange unhealthy obsession with people, a fashion, I can't remember the last time I got through a day without seeing / hearing or reading a story about cancer.

Here is a list of the most common killers in the word link cancer is number 9, yet you would think it was the only thing people ever died from the way people talk about it
edit on 27-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Your link shows number 9 as one specific type of cancer. I wonder what that list would look like if all types of terminal cancers were put together in one generic category. I believe I read somewhere that only heart disease causes more deaths than cancer.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
We'll lets say that if you put them together then it is indeed number 1, I still don't really see that the endless speculation on it on the TV in newspapers etc etc is anything more then a strange morbid fad. It's more or less constant, of course it should be researched and of course it should be talked about, it's just that the endless ribbons, fun runs, speculation, paranoia and general obsession seems unhealthy to me

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That penny method sure is a strange one sounds a bit of a superstition, but if it works.
As a child i had the worst wart ive ever seen on the palm of my hand, the more i chewed it the wider it grew. When my grandmother saw it she advised me to squeeze orange peel directly, the citric acid that squirts out
does the trick. Its also flamable who knows what else it could be used for.
Ive also got a cure for genetal warts but thats another thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Frankly I'd prefer they'd address the causes of cancer.

But of course, if they did people would be like "What? Give up my salted red meats, six-pack-a-day-with-smokes habit while up to my elbows in plastics? NEVER!"

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Can't disagree that efforts to identify and prevent the causes are critical. However, as cancer is here, is virulent, and is affecting many people, cures need focus too. Many times what cures something also gives us vital clues as to the causes.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

I have a cure for warts, a razor blade!!
I had a wart on my finger and cut the blighter out!

You were very lucky then.

By doing this you not only run the risk of catching a blood infection and dying but even if your body is okay, you greatly increase the risk of transferring the virus to other parts of your body through the blood from the wound site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join