It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World business leaders told flying saucers are real & extraterrestrials exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There appears to be another meeting going on sometime in the future with NASA, European Space Agency, The UN and SETI. They talk about searching for ET life here on earth but it seems to be more about finding unknown life in harsh conditions here on earth not ET related.

The Telegraph Article About Search For ET

However there seems to be another matter on subject aswell which links into what has been discussed in this meeting aswell, that is what would people react like. I recently got reading about Project Bluebeam (which to me doesnt seem possible over a large scale but thats a different matter) but this quote did get me thinking about that project and whats happening in this meeting aswell.

Albert Harrison, the from University of California, said: "It is easy to imagine scenarios resulting in widespread psychological disintegration and social chaos. but historical prototypes, reactions to false alarms and survey results suggest that the predominant response to the discover of a microwave transmission from light years away is likely to be equanimity, perhaps even delight."

Interesting that all these high profile personnal are all talking about what the masses reaction would be to disclosure.

Drustew

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

There's an important part of the chart that reads: From Speculation to FACTS.

So the chart is mere speculation, it admits it openly and they need "DNA or alien Tech" - concrete evidence - to get anything done.

I'd say the whole thing was likely a joke or a stunt of some kind, either way this was anything but disclosure and there was no actual evidence presented to move us any closer to what you called "acceptance".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maybe they are thinking of how they can put their advertisements on UFOs…

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
sorry....the mention of the Qu'ran made it lose credibility for me.

earthbound religion has no place with ET, methinks!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hey no worries.
Totally understandable.

How many times has something appeared only to seem legit but it turned out to be a hoax?

I am sorry to say my thoughts on the matter, but the business world knows how to make money,
and they "prey" or another term would be capitalize on human emotion. It is big money.

Think - what happens when one human puts his needs or wants above anothers?
Control - and someone is likely to get "hurt" or lesser harm - dissapointed.

So its understandable when we find ourselves dissapointed- feeling tricked - let down.

That is how they play the game.

You might be interested in this video from their site -

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drustew
Guy posted this in the other thread about this same conference. I think it explains it very well and we should be to excited about this meeting.............

Originally posted by adjensen
I think that the point is being missed in all of this, and it's potentially weirder than "disclosure" (which, if it was happening for the benefit of a bunch of business leaders, would not be publicized, eh?)

Read this bit again:

Psychological and socio-cultural assumptions and preconceptions constrain us to a large extent, and shape our views of the universe so that we are inclined to find what we are looking for, and fail to see what we are not. Using knowledge gained from research in the fields of Ufology and the search for extraterrestrial life, what might we possibly learn about hindrances to innovation in other areas of inquiry?

- Innovation and anthropomorphism, ethnocentrism and ego
- Falsification and the evidence of absence
- What Giordano Bruno would say

This discussion is not ABOUT UFOs. It is about learning from what people who study them have learned. Not what they have learned about UFOs, but about the methodology of studying, discussing and reporting on a phenomenon that most people are skeptical of, and for which hard evidence is hard to come by, and is easily fabricated.

It is about building credibility for an incredible subject.

The real question would be "what is coming down the pike that isn't about UFOs, but is just as unorthodox, and which would have relevance for this group of businessmen?"

I was going to point this out too. If you look at the Global Competitiveness Forum's website you can see that the whole conference is not about UFOs or disclosure as implied by Michael Salla on exopolitics.com. There is one talk/session that Stanton Friedman and Michio Kaku etc. are speaking at and it's outlined above.

Yes many prominent business people and politicians are attending this event but that doesn't mean they are interested in, or will even attend every discussion that takes place throughout it. Sunni Brown is a graphic designer who draws the kinds of charts shown for businesses. The chart was obviously commissioned by someone who was speaking at the event and we have no idea what the reaction of the audience was to it. It could have been howls of laughter and people walking out for all we know. The Qu'ran has obviously been put in there to appease the Saudi's.

This wouldn't be the first time Michael Salla spins a story into something about Et's when it's not. The exopolitics website is not exactly an unbiased source.
edit on 26-1-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: .

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here's another article again in the telegraph talking about the search for ET and how they could look like us. However the thing that again stood out to myself was this quote.

His lecture is part of a two-day conference at which experts will discuss how we might detect life on distant planets and what that could mean for society.

Granted this will be a small conference by this cambridge professor but its another case of people talking about what the masses reaction will be. Interesting.........................

Full Article

Drustew

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree, and if you look at my list of threads, you can see I follow this closely.

IMO, its exactly as you said - there at the end of the chart there is not much to go on...
Still lots and lots of speculation scientifically speaking.

I personally will accept nothing beyond absolute proof.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Maybe they are thinking of how they can put their advertisements on UFOs…

Desperate days indeed.

Now thats funny!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Of course, see...look ... see the list of corporations there?

Partners and sponsor of this Event

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And honestly, did anyone really expect anything different from the business world?

Looking at the picture/list of the partners makes me HIGHLY suspicious that this is a disinformation campaign. A great number of those are defense contractors or spin agencies for the defense contractors. Those that believe aliens exist will say this is them admitting...

but I remember Verner Von Braun's statement about the defense industry:

First will be the soviets...
Then there would be terrorist...
Then third would be "rouge" nations...
Then there would be asteroids...
Then the "last card" would be the extraterrestrial threat.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yes!

And thanks for bringing that video into the thread.

Very interesting that its pretty much gone on the schedule he gave, is it not?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sorry OP this subject is already being discussed here www.abovetopsecret.com...
as of yesterday and is a double post !

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Separate forums. So its still good.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes, and its not the same article at all, or even concerning this Conference.
His article is actually very interesting, and its totally different.

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Thanks there Zociac, however your article is not even remotely about the same thing.
Yours is about an Ex-China Foreign Ministry Official that says Extraterrestrials live among us

Its fascinating though, and thanks for bringing my attention to it.

S&F!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I see spelling errors in advertising and business papers all the time.

For some reason they really jump out at me. Of course I'm not the spelling or grammar police, but especially in a business or academic setting, it really bothers me.

You'd be surprised how common it is.

funny thing about it, if you look up the word ORIGEN, in google, here's some of what comes up on the first page, kinda creepy with some of the topics on the flow chart kinda meshing with this:

Origen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Origen (Greek: Ὠριγένης Ōrigénēs, or Origen Adamantius, c. 185–254) was an early Christian African scholar and theologian, and one of the most distinguished ... Etymology - Life - Works - Views en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origen

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Origen and Origenism Provides a biography and review of his works, as well as commentary on posthumous influences and the Origenistic Crises. www.newadvent.org › Catholic Encyclopedia

Origen of Alexandria [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy] May 2, 2005 ... Origen of Alexandria, one of the greatest Christian theologians, is famous for composing the seminal work of Christian Neoplatonism, ... www.iep.utm.edu/origen-of-alexandria/

The Development of the Canon of the New Testament - Origen Paper on Origen's contributions to the development of the New Testament canon. By Glenn Davis. www.ntcanon.org/Origen.shtml

ORIgen | Huntley, MT | Home Select a breed to view ORIgen's Beef Bull Line-up! ... Select a breed to order ORIgen's AI Sire Certificates ... Sires housed at ORIgen as of 01/07/2011 ... www.origenbeef.org

Origen A custom medical device manufacturer in Austin, Texas who specialize in cardiac care products. www.origen.com/

Origen Cell Culture. Blood Freezing. Tissue Cryopreservation. Other Products. OriGen. BIOMEDICAL. ECMO. For more information select a topic below ... www.origen.net/

Origen (Christian theologian) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia Origen (Christian theologian), c. 185probably Alexandria, Egyptc. 254Tyre, Phoenicia [now Ṣūr, Lebanon]the most important theologian and biblical scholar of ... www.britannica.com/

Orijen CANADA'S AWARD-WINNING PET FOOD MAKER OUR FOCUS IS SIMPLE. WE USE FRESH REGIONAL INGREDIENTS TO PRODUCE BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE FOODS THAT PROMOTE PEAK ...

edit on 26-1-2011 by sezsue because: edit

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
They forgot anal probing.

I like flow charts and this really looks well done.
Is this verified?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

He was a prophet! A seer!... or... a NAZI with inside information...

Which one could it be... hmmmm......

Hollywood as backed them every step of the way.

With this in mind let's rewatch the trailer for Skyline, the big 2010 alien movie, and look at what it's really saying:
1.Hawking quote about alien threat.
2. Dan rather (trusted father figure) "it didn't turn out well for the native americans"
3. Aliens arrive with technology we can't fight and win against...

mental conclusion of the viewer... we need more defense spending to save us against the scary aliens...

Also, when you watch the full movie notice the transhumanistic themes embedded. The overpowering technology is bassed upon transhumanism... so is this the direction they want to take our technology?

Let's see...

They are working on "synthetic telepathy" for communication: link

They are pushing transhumanistic computer integration.

...worried about adversaries’ ability "to exploit advances in Human Performance Modification, and thus create a threat to national security
source

And outright creating artificial brains for war:make us some brains

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is just another conference, no different then the Disclosure Projects that have been aired on CSPAN that took place at Washington DC Press Club in the past, you all saw where that went, NOWHERE !!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
This is just another conference, no different then the Disclosure Projects that have been aired on CSPAN that took place at Washington DC Press Club in the past, you all saw where that went, NOWHERE !!!

Not true...

I know people who were really on the fence about aliens and government cover up, including retired military... the televised one that took place on CNN dragged a lot of people over to our side of the fence. I would NEVER have been able to have a conversation with them about ET or crop circles or anything like that before they saw that.

So while it may not be full disclosure, it is having an impact on people who are still a bit "in the dark".

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue
funny thing about it, if you look up the word ORIGEN, in google, here's some of what comes up on the first page, kinda creepy with some of the topics on the flow chart kinda meshing with this:

Origen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Origen (Greek: Ὠριγένης Ōrigénēs, or Origen Adamantius, c. 185–254) was an early Christian African scholar and theologian, and one of the most distinguished ... Etymology - Life - Works - Views en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origen

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Origen and Origenism Provides a biography and review of his works, as well as commentary on posthumous influences and the Origenistic Crises. www.newadvent.org › Catholic Encyclopedia

Origen of Alexandria [Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy] May 2, 2005 ... Origen of Alexandria, one of the greatest Christian theologians, is famous for composing the seminal work of Christian Neoplatonism, ... www.iep.utm.edu/origen-of-alexandria/

The Development of the Canon of the New Testament - Origen Paper on Origen's contributions to the development of the New Testament canon. By Glenn Davis. www.ntcanon.org/Origen.shtml

ORIgen | Huntley, MT | Home Select a breed to view ORIgen's Beef Bull Line-up! ... Select a breed to order ORIgen's AI Sire Certificates ... Sires housed at ORIgen as of 01/07/2011 ... www.origenbeef.org

Origen A custom medical device manufacturer in Austin, Texas who specialize in cardiac care products. www.origen.com/

Origen Cell Culture. Blood Freezing. Tissue Cryopreservation. Other Products. OriGen. BIOMEDICAL. ECMO. For more information select a topic below ... www.origen.net/

Origen (Christian theologian) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia Origen (Christian theologian), c. 185probably Alexandria, Egyptc. 254Tyre, Phoenicia [now Ṣūr, Lebanon]the most important theologian and biblical scholar of ... www.britannica.com/

Orijen CANADA'S AWARD-WINNING PET FOOD MAKER OUR FOCUS IS SIMPLE. WE USE FRESH REGIONAL INGREDIENTS TO PRODUCE BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE FOODS THAT PROMOTE PEAK ...

My guess is that its not a mispelling. Its more like there has been discussion we not were privvy to.

I am thinking along the lines of "intelligent design" and the likes.
So in other words, that would fit right in there.

Good find!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join