It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert!!!! Sun is Rising in a Different Spot EVERYDAY!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oh, my GOSH! What must be happening to the globe! No wonder there are earthquakes! The globe is surely going through some type of radical change that this happens! Right?

Well, WRONG. The sun really does come up and set in a different spot on the horizon each and everyday. It always has, it always will. It's very standard Astronomy that the Earth is tilted on it's axis and revolves around the sun. It's why we have seasons, why the days are longer in the summer than they are in the winter. Really. Here's some links. The first is bare-boned and basic:
Does the sun set in the same place everyday?
The second link includes all the math and geometry involved.
Sunrise and Sunset workshop
(This is a education site in Spain, so uses their cities for their work.)
I've been blasted for questioning the credibility of a YouTuber this week. I say his credibility is "poo". He has gotten many things wrong before, and he is still getting things wrong now.

Link to the video in question
I put a screenshot up, because I imagine when someone clues him in that he is wrong he will pull the video or at least take out that annotation. I also left his name visible, because he wants credit for all his work.
Come on People! Credibility should be earned with knowledge, experience or facts. If he doesn't know enough about the earth and sun to know that, how can you rely on his "info" about anything? Especially something as complex as seismology?
The same goes for everyone, every video, every news story your hear or read or watch. It matters! It's not a matter of most views, subs, stars, flags, or popularity. It's a matter of what is fact and what is not. Wild speculation without knowledge, experience or facts is fear-mongering.
Be prepared for an emergency, but don't just follow someone without thinking for yourself. Don't fall for sensationalism over content over facts. Ask questions and think critically. Learn discernment.
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Of course, even a simple Wikipedia search could have shown one that the information in the video is wrong.

No profound knowledge in astronomy whatsoever, just pointing this out:

en.wikipedia.org...
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ofcause it does. I learned this at school. If people are believing that it should rise and set in the same spot everyday then they need to get back to school and get an education. Its also higher in the sky during the summer than in the winter months. shock horror!

Now if the sun started to rise in the north and set in the south. Then that would be something to worry about

edit on 26-1-2011 by Paulos because: i cant spell and grammer is crap. maybe I should get back to school

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OMG LOL
I dont believe this?
guess what the Moon does the complete opposite.
in winter the moon is very high in the sky.
and in summer it is very low.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, this has been happening for thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by flk1331

Yeah, it was a FOFLMAO kind of moment. Had to share with my hubby, who thinks my visiting conspiracy sites is weird.
It's amazing the amount of "information" out on the web now that the sun is coming up too early or in a different spot each day. Earth Sciences are on the 4th grade cirriculum in my state, and I'm sure they cover this. That people don't trust it is both sad and funny at the same time.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So you created this thread to prove that there are people around that sees a conspiracy in even the most natural things and occurances?
Why do we need that?
There are of hundreds of threads on ATS that already proves that.

What this thread proves to me is instead that some people will do anything to get a post up here, even if they really have nothing to say. Making it even harder to find the interresting posts around here...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Great post stars.s&f
and as you said Deny Ignorance(people should take the ATS motto more seriously)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

agree 100% the new topics section on ATS alone can show you that for some, the very fact that humans breath air must be a conspiracy. It's becoming a pain to see threads with alarmist titles and a bunch of exclamation points.

ALERT!!!! MOST PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

If there is a humor section, i suggest this thread mosey on over to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
its my understanding that not everybody is aware of what is going on around them,

that said, so long as a thread is coherent and to the point we can all learn from them even if its something you already think you know about.

Icanseeatoms

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
thats how it works.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Oh man, this is great. Really what do you expect though? I mean there are people all over this site right now monitoring earthquakes and looking at USGS maps because somehow they think they are qualified to tell when the quakes are natural and when those same quakes shift over into predicting an apocalypse. Same goes for people who are paranoid about magnetic north shifting a bit. All of these things are natural and are studied by actual scientists and are well within normal limits. This is why I absolutely HATE 2012, there are lot's of pseudoscientific con-men making people crazy and spreading ignorance and making people distrust mainstream science for no reason.

Instantly reminded me of the crazy rainbow lady

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have my own view on solar activity and movement ,but the early northern hemisphere return of the sun is of fundamental importance and is probably the reason for governments communications increasing toward observations that add to some alterations,affects that have already occurred over the past 4 weeks www.abovetopsecret.com...
Indeed a scientists has mentioned that a extreme cause of the suns early rise is methane increase in the air,remember microbes under the sea eat methane,if there are less microbes then methane may increase andcould account for it,however i personally have other view,but it is staggering to think a scientist is stating methane would refract the sun light,its on a link in my thread,very odd.
edit on 26-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh!! no!!! Have you notices that the days are getting alittle bit longer every day too...Do you know what that meens?!?! SUMMER IS COMING Woohoo!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

came way early for the iniut and eskimos

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

This thread is put up because there are so many really stupid claims made and believed here on ATS that's it's actually getting hard to get through the site. Think back to how many January 1st bombs were forecast, or how many people are even right now spreading the same paranoid "FEMA is planning for an earthquake, therefore they must be going to cause an earthquake kind of posts on the forum right now.
Fearmongering is not denying ignorance, it's propogating it.
And when it's believed outright because of the messenger, it's the worst kind of ignorance I can think of.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jpsdasnake

Ignorance isn't the same as stupidity.
Ignorance is where someone or something is uninformed. This should not be confused with being unintelligent, as one's level of intelligence and level of education or general awareness are not the same. The word "Ignorant" is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware. ...

So the fact that the OP has become more aware means that he -is- following the motto of the website. And the fact that you confused the word ignorant with stupid could mean that you are ignorant. Or just stupid.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Best video of all time! she says "this was not happening 20 years ago" OMG I almost died laughing so hard! Her other claims like they must be putting metal in the water to create rainbows was priceless as well.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What?? This thread is stupid. The Sun isn't moving at all. It's 30 miles above the earth, and is a perfect flat disc perpendicular to us. It only looks like it's going down because the moon disc moving nearer it causes it to turn into dark matter.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
What?? This thread is stupid. The Sun isn't moving at all. It's 30 miles above the earth, and is a perfect flat disc perpendicular to us. It only looks like it's going down because the moon disc moving nearer it causes it to turn into dark matter.

The scary part is you will probably find this quoted as fact here in the near future.
It has to be true--I saw it on the internet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join