It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love ATS but tired of 2012 talk!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hi! I'm not new to ATS but just became a member a few days ago so I could eventually post a positive 2012 thread! I am a mother with another on the way and all the end of the world talk scares the living day lights out of me. I have done some research online about it and have actually found a lot of stuff about NOTHING happening! Why don't we see more of that?? I know that there are some strange things going on lately but haven't some pretty smart people actually stated that there will be no end of the world in 2012? Maybe I sound silly but surely there is someone out there that agrees that it is all a little over the top.....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anbmom27

Hi anbmom27, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS - no one can predict the future, what will be will be. Enjoy your life today and take all you read with a grain of salt unless it is concrete news. 2012 is a prediction, there have been many in the past and more to come.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Howdy...dont worry about all the talk....it'll all end next year!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anbmom27
Hi! I'm not new to ATS but just became a member a few days ago so I could eventually post a positive 2012 thread! I am a mother with another on the way and all the end of the world talk scares the living day lights out of me. I have done some research online about it and have actually found a lot of stuff about NOTHING happening! Why don't we see more of that?? I know that there are some strange things going on lately but haven't some pretty smart people actually stated that there will be no end of the world in 2012? Maybe I sound silly but surely there is someone out there that agrees that it is all a little over the top.....

Teehee!

I found something on the internet that scares me, so I looked up more information on the internet, and that stuff doesnt scare me!
So all of you, why dont you say more things that dont scare me, instead of the things that do scare me?

How about you look inside yourself, see why you are scared, and try to come to terms with that, instead of worrying about what someone else told you!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, end of the world is hot topic. It will never go away, so deal with it (my tone is light in that sentence, my tone is not angry, it is just something you have to do). Yes it is scary. The world is scary. People scare the **** out of me too. It doesn't have to be this way though yet we let it happen. We are too smart to be outsmarted by our own "fellow" men and women. Yet... we let it happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We're all doomed!!!! lol

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I know I came across a little silly but I think you get what i'm saying. I do believe deep down that nothing will happen. Like the previous poster said there have been predictions before and more to come....millions more here on ATS i'm sure! I just wish more people would talk about the positives than the scary, horrible, awful negatives....I guess that's just me

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No one wants to post stuff about nothing happening because, well, that's boring. It won't stop until 2013 is here and we start making threads about 2016 and the Mayans coming back on the spaceships they all left on.

If the world ends, it ends, the one thing you and I can be completely certain about is that if the world decides to man up and actually end itself, there's nothing we can say to persuade it otherwise and we will, all, die.

Until then, chill, love on your lil bebez, and don't panic.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Howdy...dont worry about all the talk....it'll all end next year!

haha beaten to the punch. Dead on!

I do know that once 2012 is over, ... 2021? Or 2020 - gotta find a new thing somewhere.

Poor old nostradamus.. he didnt get much right in the past 20 years either, why he is likely turning in his grave, wondering where his skulls is and all..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just wait until 2012 comes and goes. Then it'll be 2013 that's the doom of us all.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
For people who actually understand 2012, it isn't THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012 is about a positive change. Some kind of event that is going to bring us closer to God on Earth.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Smithjustinb I'd love to hear more about that. Do you have some ideas as to what positive things will happen?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
welcome to ats... you started in on a strong idea here, so be ready for the fire you will attract... and on the 2012, a previous poster is exactly right, we don't and won't know how the year 2012 will end, it may end in an all encompassing darkness, or it will lead to the year 2013... and like another poster mentioned, if it is the end of the world, it won't be something to worry about because you will not be able to fret regardless... enjoy your time here!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The unknown will always strike fear and intrigue by curious minds. Nothing wrong with debate and factual trialization of the phenomena. Granted, one can get bogged down in the terror and fear of such things including 2012. But they are just theories and hypothesis of what "could" happen. And not fact as of yet, but I welcome your thoughts on the subject and appreciate your candor, welcome aboard the Crazy Train as the great Ozzy Osbourne would say.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Science is science, and the pole shift is going to happen; I don't truly believe that anyone believes in it to cast fear, however there is more evidence being compiled everyday regarding to the accelerated pole shifts, and NASA and the National Academy of Sciences (closest thing to a scientific supreme court opinion) have predicted and anticipate massive solar storms/winds/flares in the next few years. The major problem is that there is already a giant hole in the magnetosphere, subjecting our planet to the fierce nature of these events. Once the pole actually does flip, we will be highly exposed. I'd rather that this doesn't occur, but being a scientific person, it is logical based on evidence (cosmic/historical) to anticipate this; hopefully there is some room for deviation in their findings. Conclusively, study the facts only, and not the mindless unintelligent rants of the 2012 bandwagon..it isn't some countdown or instantaneous devastation, it may be a slow process. The pole shifts and solar flares are completely unrelated to "2012". Do the research and then formulate your thoughts, because facts and scientific data are really the only concrete entities that matter. Finally, if this stuff does indeed scare you, then I suggest you find somewhere else to shed your interests. Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think if we all survive and it becomes 2013...if we open up Nostradamus's grave...he'll be holding a sign that reads..."GOTCHA!"
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am old to ATS but I am tired of all the 9/11 stuff. We know it our gov did it so we can quit rehashing over and over how they did it. It just gets old, lets figure our how to stop what the gov has planned in the future rather than what they have done already in the past. We can't change what's been done, but focus on what they have planned next.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anbmom27

I am sick of it also.

What you people do not understand is they may be hiding serious weapons testing behind this 2012 stuff.

How do we know nowadays whether an event is man made or is natural. I will not worry about 2012, but they may be doing serious weapons research and using it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

I agree, you can't exactly take down the Federal engine because they have already released their "Report", and have the power to simply not have to account or answer for it ever again. Truly amazing that evidence doesn't mean a thing anymore, especially in the most tragic event in American history. They have the ability and power to dictate the plot and apparently that's all that matters. Probably the scariest, most angering thought in the world. Funny how new evidence can re-open most murder trials, but it isn't enough to re-open the most devastating event in history. I'd say I'm glad I'm not living in America, but I live in Canada, which makes us a victim of proximity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join