It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Tennis Dead Spot Hisense Arena-Australian Open 2011 - ball does NOT bounce...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Okay, enough already. Fish are floating, birds are dropping and now balls aren't bouncing? And they're blaming this on the weather (heat)? Really now. I checked and it looks like the highs hover in the upper 80's the past week or so.
Even if it were the 'heat' wouldn't an arena allow for the fluctuation of temperature? I can see if there was a heat-wave passing through but upper 80's isn't making much sense to me (what else is new in my world?)
Just weird!

edit on 26-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: link broken

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Doesnt look unusual to me.
If the court did have a bubble of air under it this would be the result.

I could understand if it was a whole town where balls didnt bounce....but 5 feet of a tennis court LOL somehow i dont think this is in any way related to the bird deaths etc

Tennis balls are hollow....so if they were to hit something with a negative resistance...it would not bounce....the air bubble in the court absorbes the forces
edit on 26-1-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"that is the darnest thing I have ever seen"

took the words right outta my mouth!

How is that possible? It looks as if the ball is magnetically "stuck" to the area when it gets dropped.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's cool. That is tue darndest thing I've ever seen. And I've been known to watch some tennis.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
80 is hot?
In miami that's a cool day.

Someone is using inferior materials imo.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Doesnt look unusual to me.
If the court did have a bubble of air under it this would be the result.

I could understand if it was a whole town where balls didnt bounce....but 5 feet of a tennis court LOL somehow i dont think this is in any way related to the bird deaths etc

Tennis balls are hollow....so if they were to hit something with a negative resistance...it would not bounce....the air bubble in the court absorbes the forces

That's funny. The commentators and I find it a bit unusual as I'm sure some of the players too (not counting the audience who let out a gasp when they demonstrated the un-bouncing ball..

And I haven't personally interviewed the people in that town so I can't say for certain, this isn't happening (or happened) anywhere else in Hisense/Melbourne.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow! you find the strangest story's to post,maybe you should think of writing a book on these oddities?anyway good find,are all of these things connected?Has this ever happened on a tennis court before?..............I look forward to your future threads

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow...how odd.

Wonder if it might not be that exact spot where toilets start flushing the other way
(I kid...I kid!) But seriously, wonder what the explanations for this might be.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

somehow i dont think this is in any way related to the bird deaths etc

Maybe. Maybe not.
But to me, things that drop, float and bounce seem to have that gravity-factor in common.
Besides, hasn't that court been used before? Or is it new? For some reason I didn't get that impression it's newly constructed so why would this occur now?

I still think it's weird and you don't think it's weird nor related?
I'm afraid we're going have to ask for you to hand over your conspiracy-theorist membership card for a while until this matter gets straighten out!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

LOL...I about fell out of my chair when that ball just stuck there! You do find very interesting things to post on here.

Do you suppose when she did that at the exact opposite point on the globe all of a sudden something jumped up?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Do you have something against the search? There were like 3 threads on this when it happened.

No conspiracy here. You do realize not everything is a conspiracy. Something just happen by nature.

The drilled a hole and all was well..

Geesh people.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Its been here (ATS), done that (last week).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Do you have something against the search? There were like 3 threads on this when it happened.

No conspiracy here. You do realize not everything is a conspiracy. Something just happen by nature.

The drilled a hole and all was well..

Geesh people.

I DID try to search it out. I found nothing!

When the Mods moved this then why didn't THEY alert me or close the thread?

Let me remind you....this is NOT a perfect world so why would you think this is a PERFECT forum where mistakes don't or can't happen? Now THAT'S a conspiracy!

You should practice the art of communicating instead of lecturing!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

I just read that from one of the NICER members above

If I could, I'd close the thread but.......

Feel free to alert a Mod.
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Aliensun

I just read that from one of the NICER members above

If I could, I'd close the thread but.......

Feel free to alert a Mod.
Thanks!

U slightly discontented with the current information handed to you via members of the forum, who have see this information already and who seek to enlighten you to this fact bro?

Oo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

No one needs to start off with "Do you have something against the search?"

It has a negative and condescending connotation.
Fact is, I DID try to search this out. Why would I want to repeat a story? I am far more original than that!

A mere "Hey, this was posted already last week' would've conveyed and delivered the message perfectly.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I haven't seen this thread before. I find it quite interesting! I must of missed it the first time.
I don't see where anyone is stating that this is a conspiracy though.
It's unusual. Glad I got a second chance to read this thread!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

i wonder if this guys head would bounce lol

just read the rest of the posts i think we shoud try this guys head as well (mblahnikluver)

edit on 26-1-2011 by birdyat101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
LOL

how very unusual and mysterious ...
im sure if the roof was closed that wouldnt happen .. just a theory of mine

the ball get stuck there without moving .. no bubble can make that effect

first time i see something like that .. the girl reaction after throwing the ball there was priceless

she should had tried more faster .

very nice find...
sandf

new topics

top topics

join