It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Afraid to Improvise in the Kitchen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Im 28 years old and I love to experiment in the kitchen (with food
) but its not always been like that

When I was young my parents never made me help to make the food I ate, and I think that made look food boring to me. I just iassumed it was there at the table ready to be eaten.

So I was 20 years old before I started making food in a kichin on my own..

in the beginning it tasted like poison,
and almost burned down the kichin.. but I just kept trying, and eventually I got better.. now I cook often and it taste good to.

My experience tell me now that its important to make your kids cook with you, make them taste, smell and feel the things they are going to eat.

Most important to all, dont be affraid of the kichin, everybody can make food.. just DO IT.. Check out the video

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is one of the great things about the net.

Remember everyone has there own tastes but you just have to find what your into. Being able to cook is a good skill, but most do not have the time to be able to experiment with it.

Nice to see the net helped on this.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Looks good!

Ive allways loved making soups personally, My favorate was allways leek and blue cheese soup:

Heres how i made it:

Couple of leeks, chop them up fine

1 onion chopped fine too

veggie stock cube

Half a portion of blue cheese (stilton)

Just stick in all in the pan with some water out the kettle and add plenty of pepper, let it boil till all the veg is squidgy then blend it

(dont add much salt though because blue cheese is pretty salty anyway)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I started really cooking in my 20s and have found a passion for it. Some people would be amazed how easy it is to prepare some things from scratch, and cheaper too. If you were to ask me in my younger years if I thought I'd be watching cooking shows and making gourmet meals I would have slapped you. Now I'm addicted to Gordon Ramsay and that style of high quality, but simple, dishes.

Cooking is something every family should do together, even if you're just chopping some veggies, it's much more than preparing food. It's really important to show kids at a young age where their food comes from, and how to eat healthy but still have the foods they like.

My parents never had to force me to eat my vegetables. I did help out a lot when I was younger and it stuck with me.

S&F

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
My experience tell me now that its important to make your kids cook with you, make them taste, smell and feel the things they are going to eat.

I think you're right. And what a great way to foster family life.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Marvelous post, I love to cook I began cooking as a child my grandfather was an old timer Algonquin from Canada and he thought it was important I knew how to take care of well...everything. He taught me alot but my favorite thing was his cooking. The video of the angry cooking Swedish guy kinda reminds me of my brother

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I love cooking. I started out in my early 20's being a housewife and teaching myself how to cook. Over the years it's become second nature, although I don't cook gourmet, just home cooking.

One thing I discovered recently and LOVE, is mashed garlic in a tube. It's in the produce department. I use it a lot and it's really good, and a time saver. I call it garlic goop.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel

I love garlic! especially in a tube, But sadly i became allergy sensitive to it

edit on 26/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by NoAngel

I love garlic! especially in a tube, But sadly i became allergy sensitive to it

edit on 26/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

I hate garlic. Cannot bear its taste.

new topics

top topics

join