It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Illegals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Living in New Mexico with the majority of the population being Hispanic, the illegal immigration of Mexicans is pretty hard to discern. You have the Mexican Nationals that come for tourism, the Mexicans that are here legally on work visas and legal American citizens that either prefer to only speak thier native language or just don't know how to speak english.

While going thru our local paper, I found this law that was made in 2003. We have literally given not just the Mexicans, but all illegal immagrants the key to stay here. Our resent Governor Richardson is the one who persued this law to come to pass.

Here's the highlights-

Governor targets driver's license law for repeal

"Drivers license in the State of New Mexico. Social security not necessary. 100% guarantee."

the 2003 law that made it possible for undocumented immigrants to receive licenses.

people in America illegally obtain driver's licenses in New Mexico, then use them to move throughout the country

The men from Poland had settled near Chicago, but New Mexico offered what they coveted - driver's licenses without any proof of their immigration status.

New Mexico has issued more than 82,000 licenses to foreign nationals. Because of the way the system is set up, the state has no breakdown of how many of them were in the United States illegally.

Democrat Bill Richardson was governor then. He supported making driver's licenses available to undocumented immigrants, and extolled the societal benefits of more drivers with insurance during his campaign for president in 2008.

A handful of Republican legislators tried but failed to repeal New Mexico's law in 2005.

Eleven states once had laws allowing undocumented immigrants to obtain driver licenses. Eight of those states, including Maryland, Oregon and Hawaii, have overturned those laws. New Mexico, Washington and Utah are the three states were the law remains.

www.ruidosonews.com...
Now how are we suppose to get the upper hand on illegal immigration when we allow this, for what... Auto Insurance?
edit on 26-1-2011 by geo1066 because: added source

edit on 26/1/2011 by Sauron because: Removed all Caps in title

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Looks like I am moving to Washington for six months out of the year

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Unless there is a mandatory provision that you must provide proof of insurance to obtain a drivers license, I fail to see how the insurance industry benefited. Just having a drivers license, does not guarantee that you will buy the insurance. Lots of divers with valid licenses are on the road without insurance.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
All illegal immigrants must be sent back to their respective countries, thus eradicating a people who wish to exploit this country and not embrace it. Further, it would be less of a burden on the tax payer as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

In the state of NM it is mandatory and if you drop your insurance, your license is suspended automatically but that's not the real issue here. Do you realize that this is what our elected officials do?
I'm picking on Richardson right now because he pushed for this. Why?
Is he that ignorant that he couldn't see the loopholes?
Remember now, this guy was going to be Hillary's runningmate and here's a little on this politician-

en.wikipedia.org...

On December 3, 2008, then-President-elect Barack Obama designated Richardson for appointment to the cabinet-level position of Commerce Secretary.[1] On January 4, 2009, Richardson announced his decision to withdraw his nomination because of an investigation into improper business dealings

Read the whole script on this guy and actually it's quite impressive and he's not stupid. He had to have interest somewhere else other than the "New Mexican uninsured motorist".

Sorry about the rant. My whole point to this thread was that with laws like this one, we make it easier, not harder, to come here and stay illegally.
What are the other laws that aren't common knowledge than give way to a free pass to enter ?
edit on 26-1-2011 by geo1066 because: clarification

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

his interest was the hispanic vote.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

I want live in America:, so i could buy dishwasher so Pedro won't have wash my dishes. i want to live in a America:, so i can a new washing machine, i was washing 30 pairs a jeans a week. ( ever try cleaning dry s**t out of pants) I want to live in a America:, so can catch up on my novalas, Yes i want to live in AMERICA, Thank you------

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sorry could not pass that up-

new topics

top topics

join