It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation MOCKINGBIRD: The CIA Recruits US News Organizations to Help Spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Interesting operation IMHO. It occured in the Late 40's. You have to wonder if there are vestiges of this operation in place today. No doubt it would give a sitting president a considerable advantage if it is used properly. Helms, Dulles, et al. are really giants in the early OSS/CIA years.

The CIA begins recruiting American news organizations and journalists to become spies and disseminators of propaganda. The effort is headed by Frank Wisner, Allan Dulles, Richard Helms and Philip Graham. Graham is publisher of The Washington Post, which becomes a major CIA player. Eventually, the CIA�s media assets will include ABC, NBC, CBS, Time, Newsweek, Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters, Hearst Newspapers, Scripps-Howard, Copley News Service and more. By the CIA�s own admission, at least 25 organizations and 400 journalists will become CIA assets

www.prisonplanet.com...
www.voxfux.com...
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

[edit on 12-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Where do I sign up for the Job? I mean, im sure anyone can do It. I want to be the CIA's top dog. For all the goverment people tha watch this site, Sign me up!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I love this quote:

"You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month." - CIA operative discussing with Philip Graham, editor Washington Post, on the availability and prices of journalists willing to peddle CIA propaganda and cover stories. "Katherine The Great," by Deborah Davis (New York: Sheridan Square Press, 1991)

new topics

join