It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Out of Place Artifact (OoPART)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I remember an episode with Jesse ventura that had an FBI agent (?) who explained some of the tools they used to spy. One of them was a rock which would record all conversations nearby. I think that rock could simply be an old model which needs an external power source.
reply to post by nightrun

I believe I saw that episode as well. I could not see anything other than solid rock on all sides visible from the photos.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i know what this is lol

glade are geting crafty lol

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That pebble looks like it has been in a river at some point - I don't believe it could have eroded and smoothed that wat with three pins poking out of it - as for X-Rays, you would be better off with Gamma rays - a heavy engineering company would help you with that - they use it to look for cracks in large steel beams.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
looks VERY easy to fake. and the nature of the site seems to point to an easy homemade oddity that probably generated some revenue. though I wouldn't mind seeing what would happen if this thing was given some power.

guys...this is very obviously a fake.

it would have been extremely easy to bore out an existing fissure or cavity in the already porous stone with a dremel tool, and then inserted a discarded electrical connector into the hole.

he is trying to make money off of the thing, for crying out loud.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Looks like it could be a boot stud that got jammed into a hole in a pebble - definitely not electrical.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There have been companies like Bechtel and others that were contracted to make security tools and other types of things and have them be perfectly disguised .. Like the ground sensors at Area-51..

Sorry I don't have links to those articles, but could research it again and try to find some... The idea of disguising things isn't new... Hard to think of any reason for a rock to be a disguise except as a clandestine thing...Sensors, etc..

Things like this could take paranoid situations to a whole new level!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have seen anywhere that anyone has hooked test meter to the pins or ran any power of any kind to the pins or any type of electrical tests. What is the ohms readings from pin to pin? How about running low voltage to the pins and check for any electromagnetic signals come from the inside. Is there anything inside or is the plug all there is?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Looks exactly like a vacuum tube base as viewed from the bottom. That size usually was designed to have up to seven pins. Suggest having it x-ray'd to see what's inside. Good science demands good investigation practices.

My wife just told me it looks like one of those heated "rocks" that are used in cool climates to make pet lizards happy.
edit on 27-1-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

My thought exactly. Looks like a old 01A triode base with a missing pin. Also could have been some kind of electrical cable connector for a specialized purpose. But that still doesn't explain the rock that formed around it. But assuming it's a real rock thousands of years old the pins should have corroded away. Suspect there is a electrical mechanism buried in the rock but what exactly was the purpose?

Suspect an old 1930's to 40's sensor of some kind. Microphone or seismic sensor for a security system.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

wtf... good find ...

I will read his page ..

I just hope at some point he plugged in it....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I agree that it may be some kind of fake artifact by the guy who found it back in 98 (I think), and that it would be relatively easy to manufacture if it is just a rock and a plug with nothing internal...However, in the past few years the guy has been taking it on the road for media exposure (coast to coast, etc.) and it still has not been dismissed as a fraud; holding up to a good deal of outside scrutiny. He has apparently also had some limited tests and measurements performed on it without it being debunked as a modern faked piece.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There have been companies like Bechtel and others that were contracted to make security tools and other types of things and have them be perfectly disguised .. Like the ground sensors at Area-51..
reply to post by alienreality

This still holds up as a good possibility, although the fellow who found it still will not disclose where exactly it was discovered...(he says in order to protect the find site and/or any additional artifacts which may be there. He does state that it was unearthed in the U.S. and that he was not near any installation or industrial area when it was found.

It seems to me that IF it was a government-made top secret security device used for monitoring, with all of the media exposure this thing has so far had, he would have officially been relieved of the artifact by TPTB (overtly or covertly) by now.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

But assuming it's a real rock thousands of years old the pins should have corroded away.
reply to post by ntech

Compared to modern examples, up close, the prongs DO appear to be somewhat less-detailed and/or weathered due to age, erosion or possibly ancient manufacturing technique.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I came across the Williams petradox looking for some kind of proof of ancient or alien technology.
I have been discussing this with (William) him via Email and have been requesting photographic evidence for a scale representation of the stone along side a coin of some sort to show respective size comparison to the unknown component. He has rejected my request's giving an excuse of issues with photography along side another object would make it seem CGI.

When taking evidence from an individual with only photographic evidence and no scale photo's it begins to stir doubt and the size of something can make all the difference in the world as to what it is but it is of modern base tube construction unless he lets an Independent lab test the prongs or leads for it's metal %'s .

So I took the base spec's of information he has provided and started researching into what the component could be. The scientific method is very helpful in deducing or narrowing down the purpose and identification of an unknown. The evidence he provided on his website has proven a valuable tool. It took 3 days of constant research to find anything close to the diameter of the component and its purpose. Though without a scale photo we would have to take his word for it, there are no scale photo's of him holding it or it next to anything identifiable.

I am familiar with vacuum tubes and can tell you from the first up close photo he gave, it is of modern ceramic base construction for tubes. The leads can even be seen via X-ray which he claims to be some sort of advanced technology to increase density. In ceramic bases for any type of tube the leads from the glass or other component is thread through a base with a sleeve fixed to the base and then soldered, connecting the tube, the base and the prongs or sleeves fixed to the ceramic base by soldering the leads to the hollow prongs/sleeves .

In his photo's the different types of metal can be clearly seen on the ends of the prongs/sleeves. This is solder and it has been worn down to the base metal of the sleeve itself.

The component is so obscure it would take some time to find a replica, it is a 3 prong photocell or photo-tube! The only component that it could be besides some sort of prototype transistor made to fit into a socket for testing.
In his contest he gives the specifications of winning, he has to be convinced, and he has to have a replica. Given his background in the military and an electrical engineer he has no doubt come across some obscure tubes, even prototypes. I do not wish to make this post too long but I have more to say on the component and it's manufacturing style and the reason why it seems to be in a rock to begin with. I am tired of poor scientifically explored evidence. Either Williams has been pranked himself or the object is some sort of rare coincidence of factors. I dare to say Hoax but when he comes to understand the evidence I have no doubt as an electrical engineer and academic he will see that this object is modern. Follow up post will cover geological evidence and physics of why the component did not reside in the rock when it formed. Truth be told.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
reply to post by MMPI2

I agree that it may be some kind of fake artifact by the guy who found it back in 98 (I think), and that it would be relatively easy to manufacture if it is just a rock and a plug with nothing internal...However, in the past few years the guy has been taking it on the road for media exposure (coast to coast, etc.) and it still has not been dismissed as a fraud; holding up to a good deal of outside scrutiny. He has apparently also had some limited tests and measurements performed on it without it being debunked as a modern faked piece.

Yeah, but if his clientele are "Coast to Coast" level, none of them are going to be either a) willing or b) able to do any real analysis.

I could make you ten of them just like this in an afternoon in the shop, using old junk from the lab.

If it was somehow embedded within the rock, it would be more impressive. As it, it looks like they took a spot facer and made a nice counterbore in the rock, then stuck an old connector in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join