It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's TSA pat-downs joke infuriates ACLU

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
And the kicker is that you would have no way of ever really knowing that you got cooked.

Yeah, rock on, Annee!

I don't care. I've lived a life time of "Warnings!" - - - very very very few have come into fruition.

I can live my life - - - accepting that most things are reasonably tested - - - or live in a granite cave away from modern technology.

And quit with the cutesy little "Rock on's and winky faces" - - they don't add anything to your posts. They're just annoying.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Originally posted by Annee
And quit with the cutesy little "Rock on's and winky faces" - - they don't add anything to your posts. They're just annoying.

You can deal with the potential radiation cooking and genital groping from the government, but can't handle emoticons?

Forgive me, if I find that particularly amusing.

However, I honestly mean no disrespect. I get carried away sometimes in the fun of debating the issues. After this post, I'll do as you ask.

Originally posted by Annee
I don't care...

I understand, even if I don't agree.

Like I said previously, to each his own.

I seriously oppose the approach the government is taking and I found Obama's 'joke' insensitive to that concern.

Plain and simple.
edit on 28-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
BTW, i don't think the airlines are allowed to do their own security.

Airports Who Opt out of TSA Screening are Still Regulated by TSA

There has been a lot of confusion after a recent report that the Orlando Sanford Airport (SFB) has requested to opt out of TSA screening.

Any commercial airport can apply to TSA’s Screening Partnership Program (SPP), which has been around since the inception of TSA. After approval from TSA and a competitive bidding process, SPP allows airports to transition to private screeners while maintaining TSA oversight and the corresponding increased level of security implemented since 9/11.

So… if an airport applies and is accepted into the SPP program, they receive the same screening from a private company instead of TSA officers. That’s the only difference. All commercial airports are regulated by TSA whether the actual screening is performed by TSA or private companies. So TSA’s policies – including advanced imaging technology and pat downs – are in place at all domestic airports.

edit on 27-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

UPDATE:

TSA shuts door on private airport screening program

A program that allows airports to replace government screeners with private screeners is being brought to a standstill, just a month after the Transportation Security Administration said it was "neutral" on the program.

TSA chief John Pistole said Friday he has decided not to expand the program beyond the current 16 airports, saying he does not see any advantage to it.

Though little known, the Screening Partnership Program allowed airports to replace government screeners with private contractors who wear TSA-like uniforms, meet TSA standards and work under TSA oversight. Among the airports that have "opted out" of government screening are San Francisco and Kansas City.

Ironic.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Surprise! TSA Is Searching Your Car, Subway, Ferry, Bus, AND Plane

Think you could avoid the TSA's body scanners and pat-downs by taking Amtrak? Think again. Even your daily commute isn't safe from TSA screenings. And because the TSA is working with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Border Patrol, you may have your immigration status examined along with your "junk".

As part of the TSA's request for FY 2012 funding, TSA Administrator John Pistole told Congress last week that the TSA conducts 8,000 unannounced security screenings every year. These screenings, conducted with local law enforcement agencies as well as immigration, can be as simple as checking out cargo at a busy seaport. But more and more, they seem to involve giving airport-style pat-downs and screenings of unsuspecting passengers at bus terminals, ferries, and even subways.

These surprise visits are part of the TSA's VIPR program: Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response. The VIPR program first started doing searches in 2007, and has grown since then. Currently, the TSA only has 25 VIPR teams doing these impromptu searches: in 2012, it wants to get 12 more.

This article demonstrates how silly the "you don't have to fly" crowd is....

(Psssst... BH)

How's that simpleton logic working for some of you?

edit on 22-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Now we know why the next civil war will begin, the only question is how long do we have before a small battle turns into curfews and ultimately empty store shelves when SHTF?

John Pistoles wet dream is to rule America by having a police force that resides outside the Constitution.

John Pistole is an evil man, right up there with Adolf Hitler. If nobody does anything to stop this nonsense, I have no doubt many humans will suffer. If his DNA chain was extinguished from the Earth I'm certain the Angels would sing.
edit on 23-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So people in America are being groped, molested etc by the TSA and instead of doing anything about it you argue about the joke and if you deserve it? What he said does not matter, its a few words, what matters is going out there and doing something about it! I suggest you stop worrying about what they say and start acting upon what they do.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The fun never ends....

Cancer Surges In Body Scanner Operators; TSA Launches Cover-Up

Fearful of provoking further public resistance to naked airport body scanners, the TSA has been caught covering up a surge in cases of TSA workers developing cancer as a result of their close proximity to radiation-firing devices, perhaps the most shocking revelation to emerge from the latest FOIA documents obtained by the Electronic Privacy Information Center.

After Union representatives in Boston discovered a “cancer cluster” amongst TSA workers linked with radiation from the body scanners, the TSA sought to downplay the matter and refused to issue employees with dosimeters to measure levels of exposure.

The documents indicate how, “A large number of workers have been falling victim to cancer, strokes and heart disease.”

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join