It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's TSA pat-downs joke infuriates ACLU

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
you might want to learn a little more about your rights, if youre american that is..

My right to travel freely is not encumbered. I don't have a right to FLY.

And the speech writers are not to blame. Obama has some power over what he says, but doesn't have the power some people THINK he has. He doesn't have the power to stop this whole TSA thing. There is so much going on in Washington that Obama makes the perfect scapegoat, but he couldn't do anything about it if he wanted to. He is PART of the government, but he is not THE whole government.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You have to blame the speech writers. Owebowma is a sockpuppet. I doubt he has ever had an original idea of his own.

It just as well could have been his own decision. And in any case, the choice to say it was his. He owns it.

edit on 1/26/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My right to travel freely is not encumbered. I don't have a right to FLY.
But when you do, the government can’t unconstitutionally interfere.

Could the TSA request that you strip completely, in front of other passengers in line, before they let you board the plane? Could the TSA demand only non-white people to go through the scanners?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Usa is planned decades in advance is what you mean. They occasionally change there ideas, but only occasionally. The ptb will have loads of ideas going at one time, and some fail and some get through.

But its all been researched and developed eons ago, but occasionally they do change right here right now, but its not obama who decides.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

. He is PART of the government, but he is not THE whole government.

I just had to quote that comment BH, that is the whole crux of it all, he is not the end all be all in our government, he is but one part of a larger puzzle, and that is something that we all (even myself from tim to time) forget. Thank you for that gentle reminder.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This thread and your opinion on this is child like and completely irrational..

He made one "pat down" line.. really? Is this world that sensitive? I can not be more disappointed in reading your thread..

I thought to myself when I saw the article "Who in the world, would be offended by this"

Who really cares about the pat downs? Are you hiding something? I make fun out of it.. I make arousal noises when they get near my junk.. You'd be surprised how this shortens the pat-down.

This world is screwed if we can't get over this "I am entitled" attitude, we are going to hell in a hand basket.

Do i feel safer that they are grabbing your jewels?? Not one bit, but I am humored by how much it bothers you!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
has obama's family been subjugated to these pat downs? i would imagine him allowing one to save face, but when the TSA workers start grabbing at his daughters like other children have been searched he may see the light.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Now, BH...you can't defend "Mr. Teleprompter" by calling the tag given him childish, while out of the other side of your mouth promulgating the falsity of "Bush lied".

They are both crap....no need to defend the crap, or make the crap out to be some special grade of crap. A turd is a turd.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

When we operate in a society, we have to make concessions for certain privileges. I can't drive without a license, yet this is not an invasion of my privacy. I cannot get a job without taking a drug test. I cannot buy a house without proving that I can pay for it. It's part of living in a free society. I don't HAVE to fly, drive, work or own a home, but if I CHOOSE to, there are things I have to do in return.

This kind of lame thinking really exposes a poor understanding of our Constitution and the notion that it LIMITS government powers from intruding upon INALIENABLE RIGHTS-- not the other way around.

It truly is remarkable you see shelter, movement and self-sufficiency as "privileges".

But on the other hand, you're in good company. What tyrant and fascist in history wouldn't fully agree with you??? The Nazis in particular held your view.

:shk:

edit on 26-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

This thread and your opinion on this is child like and completely irrational..

Absolute nonsense and a real poor way to deminish other people's right to self determination.

He made one "pat down" line.. really? Is this world that sensitive? I can not be more disappointed in reading your thread..

Aviation managed to perform much more efficiently and as safely for the better part of a 100 years before these procedures came along, are some people that oblivious?

I thought to myself when I saw the article "Who in the world, would be offended by this"

I am for one, but then again I believe in things like dignity, self respect, respect for others, and trust.

Who really cares about the pat downs? Are you hiding something? I make fun out of it.. I make arousal noises when they get near my junk.. You'd be surprised how this shortens the pat-down.

Yet you would have us believe those who are opposed to this process are the immature ones?

Alrighty then...

This world is screwed if we can't get over this "I am entitled" attitude, we are going to hell in a hand basket.

I sometimes wonder what has so beat down, so self diminished, caused so many people to think so little of themselves and others that they imagine through having no rights, no dignities, no protections that we are some how better off.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket but that's because people of little moral fibre, no conviction and moral terpitude would like the rest of the world to descend to the lowest common denominator along with them.

I do happen to be entitled by the powers invested in me by me, woe to the person who infringes upon them needlessly when I have done nothing to infringe upon them.

My life is not defined by my peers or the government, it is defined by me.

Once again this is called self determination.

Do i feel safer that they are grabbing your jewels?? Not one bit, but I am humored by how much it bothers you!

Which many would say is just the product of a dysfunctional mind who feels a lack of empowerment and intellect to rise to some more noble and just pursuit.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Can you say "holier than thou"

First of all.. I was speaking of the offense taken by his one single comment about pat downs.. The ACLU really is that upset? That is ridiculous!!!!

I am not telling people how to feel, just disappointed and surprised. Am I allowed to have an opinion, without having to be talked down to by you?

You have the right to say no.. You have the right to not fly! You know what is expected to get on the plane.... If you don't like it DON'T FLY.. It is that easy. Flying is not your right.. It is a privilege to fly on someone's plane. If it was your plane, you could make the rules, but it is not.

It is not as if they are giving you a handy in the airport.. Do you think these people doing the searches are happy they have to touch your junk?

You made a statement about 100 years of successful travel without these new precautions.. You are either intentionally leaving out important info.. Or are simply ignorant.. Adapt and change with the changing times..

Things have changed drastically in the last 30 to 40 years. Terrorists and people that are determined to deliver a blow to America, have made it clear that airplanes are a target. If you can't see the need for increased security when it comes to airlines and airline policy, you are naive.

ohhh noooo my rights are deteriorating... I have no more rights. I believe in standing up for our rights.. But some folks take it way to far! Jared laughner would be a good example of a American that let paranoia turn into delusion..

I bet there are a bunch more loose screws that are slowly getting more and more paranoid, to the point of delusions.

edit on 1/26/2011 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

Me, too. I can't believe someone (and I usually stand up for the ACLU) is offended by this innocent remark! The funny thing is, when Muslims or Atheists are offended at something, these same people are all over them for wanting everything to be PC, but when THEY are offended - STOP the PRESSES! All of a sudden, their sensibilities are all-important! It's such hypocrisy!

Originally posted by loam
It truly is remarkable you see shelter, movement and self-sufficiency as "privileges".

Since I didn't say that AT ALL, I can only assume that you are twisting my words to upset me. Sorry, it's what I expect of you. Following me around trying to irritate me. You bored at work or something? You've been doing it for years now. I expect it. It doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is the apologies and claims of friendship that usually come afterward. You truly baffle me!

And please don't send me a blubbering apologetic U2U, all right? Thanks.

Nazis in particular held your view.

Yes, Loam, I'm a Nazi. The jig is up. You've found me out.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
when someone takes your rights away then Violates your personal space freedom and RIGHT of Illegal SEARCH and seizure. then jokes about it while giving a speech about some Fantasy that trains are going to create jobs and bring employmen up. and you dont get offended!?

No one has taken my rights away. I do not have a right to fly. I do not have a right to fly without being searched. Flying is my choice. When we operate in a society, we have to make concessions for certain privileges. I can't drive without a license, yet this is not an invasion of my privacy. I cannot get a job without taking a drug test. I cannot buy a house without proving that I can pay for it. It's part of living in a free society. I don't HAVE to fly, drive, work or own a home, but if I CHOOSE to, there are things I have to do in return.

I choose not to fly. Freedom.

you must like being thought of as corralled cattle.?

I personally don't care if I am thought of as corralled cattle or screeching marmosets. People can think whatever they like.

Youre tolerant,
You will no doubt be tolerant until it involves stopping you in your car,
but of course, you dont have to drive.

Youre tolerance will expire when you are stopped and randomly checked, on a sidewalk? entering a mall?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I do not have a right to fly. I do not have a right to fly without being searched. Flying is my choice.

You are very correct. However, Do you believe that you have a right to protect you from illegal searches and seizures? Do you " buy " into the statement from mother Janet, stating that you waive your rights when you decide to fly? With your logic, if you do not have the right to fly, do you not have the right to protect yourself from infringements?

I have seen you many times on other threads, and you claim freedom, and yet preach tyranny? How does that work? Please..enlighten us~

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Youre tolerant,

I'm really not.

When I walk into the security area of the airport, I am consenting to be searched. Because that is the policy of the Airport and I am aware of that. If someone walks up to me on the street and tries to search me, yes, THAT would be an invasion of my rights.

I'm not at all sure that the TSA and airlines agreement is unconstitutional at all. I DON'T like the policy and won't participate, but that doesn't make it unconstitutional. Just disliked.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

People want to blow this up and make it all about rights.. It is easier to jump up and down and scream about it, if it involves our rights. When our rights are in questions people can use "flash" words and catch phrases to inspire and rile up the masses... All they need is a reason to get upset..

This is SIMPLE - To drive a car you are required to wear a seat belt.. You may not like it.. But you MUST!

When you buy Sudafed at the drug store - You MUST show ID!

When you go to Chucky Cheese, you get yours, and your children's hands stamped.

To board a plane, you must go through a search.

Why is this hard to grasp? Why is it so unacceptable? If you didn't like the hand stamp at chucky cheese, you would simply not go right? If you didn't want to show your ID for your Sudafed purchase, you would simply not buy it!

Is it because flight is so hard to live without? Or is it the principle?

People rely on flight or consider it a necessity.. Did anyone go up in arms when seat belt laws were put in place? Did you continue to drive? Or did you boycott driving? Did you scream about your rights?

These are your options.
1) Fly, and deal with ALL of the security measures.
2) Don't fly
3) Complain on ATS and do one of the above.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm not at all sure that the TSA and airlines agreement is unconstitutional at all

What part of the 4th don't you understand?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Take note: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.

What part of that black and white writings do you fail to comprehend? It doesnt specifically identify if your in an airport, you longer have these rights, it meant you have these rights...PERIOD!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Our leader, (gawd help us)
Has the savvy of a farting drunk in a perfume factory,
To even come close to a controversial issue when speaking to the populace youre elected to represent,
shows callous,
To then even in the slightest way 'joke' about it, (and he did joke about it) adds insult to injury.

Lets joke of ovens to a jewish audience, or how a womans place is in the kitchen and quiet,
Hilarious right?

People like that think theyre intelligent and great and funy and everybody loves them and wants to be them when theyre on stage and performing, (and he was performing).

Because IF he really wanted to be a man of historic value, really powerful, changing the world, bringing freedom and prosperity to his people and the world as a whole, he wouldnt be making jokes about the removal of liberty, and he wouldnt be promising tech advances that would move us to the next piece of sidewalk in 20 years,

He'd be taking advantage of his position and his live television appearance and spilling the beans on most of the fraud and banking scams, and wars, and waste, and deaths caused by the banksters and global corporate evil bastards who were watching from their mansions or in some cases right in the audience.

Change could come quickly, just as quick as someone in a position like that can grow a set of balls.

He is an embarassment.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Have you ever read your airline ticket? Please read your airline ticket BEFORE you reference an amendment.
You agree to the search when the ticket is purchased. period!

If you think you have the right NOT to be searched ever, then don't ever get a ticket and go to court.. You will be searched. Are you going to boycott the court? That will work well for you!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

This is SIMPLE - To drive a car you are required to wear a seat belt.. You may not like it.. But you MUST!

When you buy Sudafed at the drug store - You MUST show ID!

Um, no I don't have to wear the seat belt, nor have I ever had to show ID to purchase an over the counter medication. Namely sudafed.

Never before in history, at an airport, did any potential customer have to agree to ongoing molestation at the security station. You walked through a metal detector, then on to your destination. Wouldn't the very fact that the events of 9/11 swept in new rules of air travel under the premise of " National Security?". Doesn't that strike you a bit odd? Most people with common sense, would see this as an impact on the Public, moreover, control.

And your tidbit about being searched because it says so on your ticket, doesn't mean you give anyone authority to grope you and frisk you like your already a criminal, much less in front of the public. Might as well do a public hanging while we're at it~

edit on 26-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join