It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks For The Bailout Suckers; GM to invest extra $540 million in Mexico to build motors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
let's face it. it makes good business sense.

the unions are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. if payroll is eating your profit you gotta do something about it.

gm has investors to pay as well as debts. the unions won't negotiate? time to move those jobs out of the unions reach. sucks but unions should be more flexible. otherwise their company will go out of business.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
IM very much not happy with this, not that im a GM fan anyways..cheaping out on plastic seals to cut costs* thats hy thier transmissions failed at around 75,000 miles. so to survive, they went to mexico, sweatshop labor, and sell it back to american citizens. boycott GM and dont ever buy one..unless its for a demoliton derby

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Current figures place the compensation in-equality at 1 CEO pay = 275 employees.

Which compensation package is roasting that goose?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well I guess Chevrolet can't say they're the
heartbeat of America any more.

Anybody remember,
Baseball hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet???

guess they could change that old slogan to:

Soccer, Burritos, Jose Quervo and Chevrolet

would that sell any cars in America ???

not a [snip] chance.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sure it would! All the illegals with the tax free jobs would buy them!

Would that help the rest of us Norte Americanos? Not a bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

lol@ heartbeat of america lol. more like the heart stop or heart attack of america*
theyve stabbed america through it sheart with a knife thats you GM

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
let's face it. it makes good business sense.
the unions are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. if payroll is eating your profit you gotta do something about it.
gm has investors to pay as well as debts. the unions won't negotiate? time to move those jobs out of the unions reach. sucks but unions should be more flexible. otherwise their company will go out of business.

and when the Mexicans start their own unions
cuz the CEO's are slaving them at $2.00 hr,
then Chevy will be right back in the same
turd flush.

Meanwhile Chevy has ruined their fan base.

But I guess Chevy can always sell cars to Ethiopians.

Ross Perot had it right in 1992.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Wonder if Ford and Dodge might start seeking more interest in Mexico, after all, one evidence of profit usually leads to imitation. Sadly enough the USA is not getting the jobs that they are basically funding. However, I am no math whiz, but if the owners make more profits and spend the profits in America, would it benefit? just a thought.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Doesn't the U.S Gov own 60.8% stake in GM since the bailout? If so wouldn't the U.S government be calling the shots since they are a majority stake holder? If so why would they be doing anything that would provide extra jobs somewere other than the U.S. I may be wrong on this because I havn't payed to much attention to the whole gm issue for awhile now, but at one point the Gov did own 60.8% stake of the company.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
We should have let capitalism take its toll. There are somethings in this world, that you have to let play out and not interfere.

companies close down left and right, but the good thing is there is usually someone there to take their spot. But because of this god damn bailout, those rich-already punks got billions to stay in business.

WHEN DOES THE GOVERNMENT FUND MOM AND POP STORES? No bailouts for the deli store on my corner that's going through hard times because of the financial crisis. Just goes to show our government is a corporate sponsor, not a peoples republic.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown

These actions should be proof enough that WE THE PEOPLE are no longer the United States.

And how does it feel. All that smoke they blow up our ass. You did things right you worked hard and raised your kids a bla bla bla la de da de da. Sent your sons off to war ect and these "good jobs" are given to a country just about under the control of mass murdering drug lords. Hay Squeekey wheel! Thats the real world for you.

"the american economy cannot suffer the loss of GM" ....remember all that?

By the way hows that 401K doing. Remember back in the day when that was sold as some "free market" alternative sure thing.

Did you know that over 50 mill americans get an SS payment of some type every year over 1,000$ per month? Thats the new american dream for you. How about those unemployment payments. All this will just keep us sedated long enough no to notice we are being sold down river....untill we are sold.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Logarock because: ex

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I hate to ruin your GM bashing topic... but... GM already paid off the government loans (bail out). All the investments they make now is with their own money.

No. They didn't. The government put up $49.5 billion taxpayer dollars to fund the GM bankruptcy and restructuring and all that GM did was shuffle $7 billion from one account to pay off one small 'loan' to the government. They used OUR money to pay back that small part of the total bailout and there's still almost $43 billion owed to us.

They suckered us and you fell for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
We should have let capitalism take its toll. There are somethings in this world, that you have to let play out and not interfere.

Thats a law of nature that only you and I must face friend....out here in the real world. You know? Just screw mom and pop....but we will take your sons off to war and burden you with all sorts of BS government regs and taxes. Hay the smart guy has been using cheep tax free labor whiel mom and pop have been paying into all the crap.

Who burdens its own with red tape and then lets cheep tax free labor in by the millions?

Who bails out the same dumbasses that f-ed up your 401K?

Who gives people from other nations a 5 year tax free status and low interest loans for start up whiel it burrdens its own into the dirt?

In what other nation on earth can you witness a "Stockholm Syndrome" to this degree against its own people? Against its middle class?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialdelivery
Wonder if Ford and Dodge might start seeking more interest in Mexico, after all, one evidence of profit usually leads to imitation. Sadly enough the USA is not getting the jobs that they are basically funding. However, I am no math whiz, but if the owners make more profits and spend the profits in America, would it benefit? just a thought.

Ok but why should we expect any windfall here when these same owners get bailed out on our mark and then roll off to Mexico? You think maybe this will be refelcted in lower prices? Most likely no.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Nope the unions are on the ropes. GM could have called the shots. I keep saying that there seems to be patiotism and then there is business. GM suckered the American workers yet again.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
reply to post by grey580

Current figures place the compensation in-equality at 1 CEO pay = 275 employees.

Which compensation package is roasting that goose?

Worse than anything were the years that american auto firms made junk thus allowing Honda and Toyota to gain a firm, very firm foothold in this market. We have all witnessed they way they have tried to bring toyota down but sales show no real effect has been made in this effort. Americans probably would have paid the extra for american made cars had they been known for their quality and ability of the average joe to get under the hood. American cars became know for being dealership repair only and a guy had to walk out of the dealer repair feeling like his A## just got reamed out. Tales about buying new american cars and havng them back at the dealer three times in the first year became very common.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by grey580

Nope the unions are on the ropes. GM could have called the shots. I keep saying that there seems to be patiotism and then there is business. GM suckered the American workers yet again.

This was another great mistake of american auto makers. They sold patriotism as much as they sold cars. They also sold the myth of american car craftmanship whiel the american knew this was bs. Soon over time this left a bad taste in the mouth of those that were sold trucks and cars on patriotism when the products became known for problems and getting them fixed was a problem as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I friend sent me this quote from a blog he reads, I will ask him for the web site as reference.

"Therefore, it is unclear how GM and the Administration could have accurately announced yesterday that GM repaid its TARP loans in any meaningful way. In reality, it looks like GM merely used one source of TARP funds to repay another. The taxpayers are still on the hook, and whether TARP funds are ultimately recovered depends entirely on the government’s ability to sell GM stock in the future. Treasury has merely exchanged a legal right to repayment for an uncertain hope of sharing in the future growth of GM. A debt-for-equity swap is not a repayment".
edit on 27-1-2011 by rbilly001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Well ain't that a middle finger to the American taxpayer.

I totally agree with you about a clause to reinvest into the States instead of elsewhere. I wish we could take the money back.

Boycott GM?

Too big to Fraud. lol.

They screwed us in a kind of kinky warped way. Its like you pay someone to punch you in the face THEN turn around and have to pay your own hospital bill. Then the guy sues you for busting his pinky knuckle.

The bandits made out with the loot. H3ll we gave it to them. I guess they can cut us out all together.

Yeah f--- GM too. Corporate wins again. Expect VASTLY cheaper cars. Do mexicans have unions?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Yes but that was then. People are so desperate to work in the US that they could have upped their game and gone Japanese quality management quite easily. This is a new year. I am sure they could have got 1000 college graduates to work on the shop floor.

We have been screwed and they are not respecting us in the morning neither!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join