It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks For The Bailout Suckers; GM to invest extra $540 million in Mexico to build motors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
There are approx 32 million adults in America. This money could have paid every adult in America $343,750.00. And it would have had better effect.

There were 308,745,538 many people in America in the 2010 consensus, as oppose to the 281,421,906 of 2000 consensus. That is an increase of 9.7%.

In the diagram below it shows the age demographic breakdown of the USA populous in 2000:

Even omitting the 9.7% increase there are far more people of working age, I'm not even going for adults here, that 32 million. I've got around the ballpark of 190 million people between 20 and 60 (allowing for late entry into work and early retirement).

Now population figures aside. Let's imagine we gave every dault in America $343,750.00 - what would happen?

Well there would, of course, be variety in how that money would be used. But unemployment would shoot through the roof overnight, prices would go up instantaneously and the US economy would collapse. With no means of export or self sustainability America would be ripe for the plucknig and that's some real estate you've got there.

So whilst, like you, I don't agree with General Motors opening a factory in Mexico with money stolen (And I mean stolen, it's a self sustaining business with shareholders and a board, who all get paid from its successes, to navigate it) from the tax payer. I don't think your idea of just reimbursing the tax payer with cash is what is called for.

Many companies are going overseas to outsource (A new comedy from Universal!) their workers due to cheaper salaries, fewer restrictions and no unions and this will continue as long as those on the investment market are only looking after themselves. If you have stock in any company whatsoever you are propagating this system and will reap what it sows.

When governments bail out private enterprise whilst going to war over the concept of communism existing at the other side of the world you know they are not looking after the interests of the worker. They are maintaining a power base for elitism which can only benefit those who are already within that family.

So use your Apple Mac, drink your Starbucks and eat your pitta pockets because when those who own your debt come calling you'll be wearing the stars and stripes like a patriot and being shot at like a fool by those who you allowed to lend you money through your non-intervention at this stage.

ATS may be good for venting, but putting your money where your mouth is is the tallest order of the day.

-m0r
edit on 26/1/2011 by m0r1arty because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/1/11 by JAK because: BB Code

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What an insult "again". Here we are a country in extreme dire need of jobs, we bail them out so they can continue to have a bussiness and a way of life, they steal our money and turn around and give us the finger, saying "sorry about your bad luck". This is not right!

I will NEVER buy another GM product as long as I live and I've had at least six of them.

While they may have induced a few jobs in the states, how many jobs have we and are we going to continue to lose with manufacturing plants going out of the country?

The irony of this move is that they're going to build a "Green" car in a country with few if any pollution laws.

edit on 26-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Doesnt surprise me. What insults me more....

yahoo news

Chinese automaker SAIC, GM's partner in China, is finalizing plans to buy a roughly 1 percent stake, worth about $500 million, in GM's IPO, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday. SAIC is owned by the Shanghai city government.

Other foreign investors that are interested include several sovereign wealth funds located in the Middle East and Asia. The Journal says those funds, which manage the finances of royal families and some nations, could invest $1 billion in GM's IPO.

China, along with Royal families from Asia and the Middle East will be part owners of GM if they are not already. It wont say exactly which countries or which royal families, but I dont care. That is low. I will never buy GM again.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Yeah, they invest five days worth of interest they're earning on our loan, at the tune of $100 mill a day, so they can own us out right and they're doing it with American taxpayers money. We're selling ourself's out with our own money and most don't even know it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
wow in the midst of all of this:
The Congressional Budget Office is estimating that the federal budget deficit will hit $1.5 trillion this year, another new record.
content.usatoday.com...

I suggest everyone checks this thread out:
abovetopsecret.com...

It's an excellent thread and highly overlooked, I created it today

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I find this situation very amusing. American automakers going across borders to manufacture their goods while oversea companies like Toyota, Hyundai, BMW are building plants in the USA. For those who yell "Buy American!!!!" , I hope your riding Camrys or Sonatas.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
its not about GM investing in Mexico, it is about not giving bail outs to ANY company, bank etc.. etc..
Tax payer money is for tax payers, not Companies!!

Companies have to look after themselves, not the government.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That's nothing. If what some inside GM people told a friend of mine is true,they will be slowly phasing out their US operations and relocating everything (headquarters included) to China over the next ten years. China is now their most profitable market for the foreseeable future. Could just be a rumour but you never know...

If that is the case, then no more unions, no more high wages,no more pesky pensions and no more stifling government safety regulations to worry about.
edit on 26-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

If that is the case, then no more unions, no more high wages

How would you have no more high wages when you still have CEO's and their Brass

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm going to tell my entire family and all of my friends and congressman about this debauchery.

If this doesn't convince them that the corporations are for the corporations only and that, that foolish little lie they tried to instill when they said "Buy American!", then nothing else will. They will deserve everything that they get from here on out.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!

edit on 26-1-2011 by warequalsmurder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

If that is the case, then no more unions, no more high wages

How would you have no more high wages when you still have CEO's and their Brass

No more high wages for the average (blue-collar,middle management) workers. I thought that would have been understood. Of course,the brass will get theirs.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Excellent catch. Not enough pressure or incentive has been put forward to keep jobs in the U.S.

And on top of it, 500+ Million only creates 1000 jobs.

Thanks,,,, but I'll buy a Ford.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You greedy Americans can't have it all... It is time to spread your wealth and jobs around the world, it is time for you to learn to live like the rest of the world you have so greedily exploited for far too long.

Americans have sat on their fat asses and watched as the corporate elite and government have gotten away with the largest transfer of wealth and jobs from the USA to the world EVER and hardly bitched about it.

Expect more of the same, until there is nothing left..... We're almost there!

edit on 26-1-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Bends over and points to Obama. Vaseline?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is disgusting, to say the very least.
Buy American...nowadays, that means more than just Ford and Chevy, its Nissan, Kia, Toyota as well. I do care that GM has robbed the bank of the taxpaying people only to flee with the money. If the statement about them moving to China is true, I say see ya sucka's. I just wish it would not take 10 years to get there. Go sooner...get out...be gone, you backstabbing greed mongering twits.
Lets make more room for companies that want to do business WITH the US and IN the US. Lets bring in companies that want to put the American blue collar working man where he wants to be, on the job.

I am not mad, not really. I just wish they would rush their plans and get gone. Take that money you stole and we'll call it our blinding fund, because thankfully we will never have to see you again.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hate to ruin your GM bashing topic... but... GM already paid off the government loans (bail out). All the investments they make now is with their own money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It's funny when they talk about saving money by going overseas but skip over the fact that when you circulate money locally that money helps to spur job growth. If that money is circulating in china it's not spurring job growth here is it? If I recall, every dollar spent on local goods goes through the system like 2 or more times and is a significant boost to economic growth. Going overseas is just a selfish act for a single business to save money on its bottom line, but as a country we suffer because the money is not circulating at home. It's not all peaches and cream like globalists say.

Now at some point it makes sense to circulate money globally, but the question is whether we've crossed that line or not. I think we have in many cases, but in some we have not so I am not totally anti-globalism. To be honest, the economies in china and india need motivations. We just happen to be one of the motivations. Whether we like it or not, china and india are fast taking over the world. With populations like thye have, it's only a matter of time before they're superpowers.
edit on 26-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I hate to ruin your GM bashing topic... but... GM already paid off the government loans (bail out). All the investments they make now is with their own money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It would be different if the Mexican taxpayers bailed out GM but it was the American taxpayer that bailed them out and this is the appreciation that the American people get.

Well one thing is for sure. The re-structuring GM had to do worked out. It worked out for Mexico.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
O.K. We bailed out this company with tax dollors, right? The government wanted us to because it would create more jobs for American citizens. Guess you missed the ball on this one. Who actually thought they would give us jobs after the bailout? Please. Everyone knows that labor is cheaper in a foriegn country. China, Mexico, what difference does it really make until the American people actually start to care? No one really cares, as long as they can get their cheap crap really cheap. And now Oboma has stated that it's all our jobs to make sure America is great again. Please. What a load of bull. If he truely felt that way, then he, congress, and the American people would have made sure the bailout stayed here and not in some back water country where the labor is so cheap that big wigs get fatter. You know I think I hear the call now...Baa, baa, baa. Yes sir we obey.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
when they realize the poor quality of mexican made goods they'll be back. really we should find and lynch bush for initiating our use of slave labor in poorer countrys
edit on 26-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join