It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann: Founding fathers ‘worked tirelessly’ to end slavery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by centurion1211

Then how about keeping your attacks to policies and not make them personal? That's where your (and many other libs) statements comes off the rails.

It wish I had of saved all the physical threats made to me in U2Us but I just chalked it up to people drinking while on the www.

edit on 27-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

I works both ways, you recall insinuating the POTUS is/was an Arab/Black Panther/Homosexual/Muslin/illegal immigrant - Do you Cent??? Can you even see that anymore? It is not as if the will shown has been of a positive nature, it has been one insinuation upon the next.... It does not register with you because you enjoy it, while the TV
re-enforces the

whaaa - REALLY???

sorry bout that

I guess I am lucky I come off stark raving loony half the time
edit on 27-1-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by MrXYZ

Wow I was not aware of these statements by Bachman, I was only familiar with her methods.

SO

ok...

It is very clear that she is not a libertarian (TEA PARTY
). If fact she sounds like a neocon heavy, control freak.
She is a joke, she is tea party with the tour buses and corporate sponsors, again, what is this lady doing associating with a libertarian movement? Clean your house, worry bout mine when your work is done.

It gets really interesting when you realize who's supporting her...which makes it fairly easy to spot the liars and bigots from those who really want to create a non-racist/bigot 3rd party alternative.

People like Glenn Beck and Rand Paul say the exact same hogwash as Bachmann. People should be more vocal and tell those people to STFU!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well, just spent some time visiting Michele Bachmann's website. There's nothing there about this controversy.
Like I've stated before, not the smartest thing to say, in my humble opinion. But it's said. Carry on. Just repeated bashing because of this statement will only cause the rest of us to provide the mountain of gaffs brought about by Biden and Obama.
Bachmann still has my support. I still admire her position on a variety of issues, and will vote for her if she runs for president.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Well, just spent some time visiting Michele Bachmann's website. There's nothing there about this controversy.
Like I've stated before, not the smartest thing to say, in my humble opinion. But it's said. Carry on. Just repeated bashing because of this statement will only cause the rest of us to provide the mountain of gaffs brought about by Biden and Obama.
Bachmann still has my support. I still admire her position on a variety of issues, and will vote for her if she runs for president.

That is kinda sad given all the hogwash statements and blatant lies she made

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

The same could be said of Obama. As for hogwash statements, blatent lies, please provide, other than this one statement.
edit on 27-1-2011 by beezzer because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Why don't you support Ron Paul instead???

What hell is wrong with you?

The lady is a manipulator sure as I am a nut - Its not the statement, it is the reason behind the statement.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I like Ron Paul, but agree with more of Bachmann's values than his. No major reason, if I find someone with whom I agree with more than Bachmann, I'd go with that person.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The same could be said of Obama. As for hogwash statements, blatent lies, please provide, other than this one statement.

I have...posted tons of statements that prove how ignorant and stupid she is...you just chose not to read it

Why are people surprised??? She's proven time and again that she's VERY uneducated and often blatantly lying

Let's have a look at some of Bachmann's quotes, shall we? She's definitely not the intelligent women the right wants her to be...some of those quotes are lunatic!

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

But she's obviously fully aware that some of her crazy followers will pick up on that and claim this to be true...

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas."

WRONG

"Speaker Pelosi, who has been busy sticking the taxpayer for a $100,000 bar tab for alcohol on the military jets that she is flying."

And another lie

"if there is taxpayer funding of abortion, there will be 30 percent more abortions."

Blatant lie...even if abortions might get covered, the current law on when an abortion is lawful or not doesn't change. So there shouldn't be a noticeable increase. But who cares about the truth if the lie serves to further mislead your fundamentalist followers, right?

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design."

For crying out loud, there's mor scientists called "Steve" than scientists who believe in creationism...and most of those don't even work in fields that would qualify them to make any claims regarding the subject. LAUGHABLE comment by her...

Source

"I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country."

Yeah, brute force always works, right? Not sure Gifford would agree with her statement...

"Does that mean that someone's 13-year-old daughter could walk into a sex clinic, have a pregnancy test done, be taken away to the local Planned Parenthood abortion clinic, have their abortion, be back and go home on the school bus? That night, mom and dad are never the wiser."

Only in your fantasy world Michelle

"I don't know where they're going to get all this money because we're running out of rich people in this country."

In reality, there's now more rich people than ever before, while the low income class is growing at a scary rate, and the middle class is slowly dying. But who cares about reality, right?

"Little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and perhaps they should try it."

Yes, because homosexuality is clearly a choice, lol. I wonder if she ever wanted to give it a go just because someone told her

"Literally, if we took away the minimum wage—if conceivably it was gone—we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level."

Yes, and turn the US into China, full of working poors...speaking of working poors, it's something Michelle really should look up. The amount of working poors is growing at an alarming rate, even with minimum wage. Minimum wage is a bit of a joke anyway, not even $6/hr, are you kidding me? I make more sitting in the street begging, and just for comparison, I made $25/hr delivering pizzas in Switzerland. Goes to show what a joke minimum wage is in the US...

"Many teenagers that come in should be paying the employer because of broken dishes or whatever occurs during that period of time. But you know what? After six months, that teenager is going to be a fabulous employee and is going to go on a trajectory where he's going to be making so much money, we'll be borrowing money from him."

Riiiiiiight

"If we allow businesses to be prosperous and accrue capital, they’ll be giving their employees more than they can even begin to imagine. But when we continue to tie cement blocks on businesses (like the minimum wage) and constrain them, they can actually do less than their employees."

Yes, because companies would voluntarily pay employees more...just because. Their goal isn't to maximize profits, it's to give money to their employees, right? What a joke...

"I look at the Scripture and I read it and I take it for what it is. I give more credence in the Scripture as being kind of a timeless word of God to mankind, and I take it for what it is. And I don't think I give as much credence to my own mind, because I see myself as being very limited and very flawed, and lacking in knowledge, and wisdom and understanding. So, I just take the Bible for what it is, I guess, and recognize that I am not a scientist, not trained to be a scientist. I'm not a deep thinker on all of this. I wish I was. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but I'm not a scientist."

Maybe, if she'd put the bible away she'd have the time to actually look up facts and stop distributing her hogwash view of the world...

"Something that I think sometimes people don’t like to hear is that secular people can be sometimes even more dogmatic in beliefs than people who are not secular. ... In some ways, to believe in evolution is almost like a following; a cult following — if you don’t believe in evolution, you’re considered completely backward. That seems to me very indicative of bias as well."

No, it's called "accepting reality" and believing in things that are backed up by facts rather than random doctrines and religious scriptures.

'Where do we say that a cell became a blade of grass, which became a starfish, which became a cat, which became a donkey, which became a human being?'

PUT AWAY THAT BIBLE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! No one is saying that, certainly not scientists. It just shows how uneducated she is...

Not all cultures are equal.

Hitler would agree...good for you Michelle

[Same-sex marriage] is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that.

Only in your little fantasy world Michelle...in the real world, we are much more concerned with wars, hunger, unemployment, or the economy.

This is not about hating homosexuals. I don't. I love homosexuals.

Closing statement after ranting about homosexuals for minutes on KKMS...ironic

I never questioned Barack Obama’s patriotism.

ORLY Michelle...let's have a look, shall we?

Just 3 days earlier:

Absolutely, I'm very concerned that [Barack Obama] may have anti-American views.

Do I have to go on??? Or is this enough to prove what an uneducated fool she is??

What's really sad is that she has followers...who must be at least as dumb as her to fall for her hogwash

Just one statement...right?

My favorite Bachmann quote:

Not all cultures are equal.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I like Ron Paul, but agree with more of Bachmann's values than his. No major reason, if I find someone with whom I agree with more than Bachmann, I'd go with that person.

You mean interfering with peoples personal affairs and being a corporatist -

The lady talks about liberty and freedom - yet she advocates getting involved in peoples business and stacking
the market place in favor of billionaires - both on which are contrary to her liberty and freedom memes

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Your many responses are "Lie", "you are wrong", "stop reading the bible". I happen to see nothing wrong with plenty of what she said.
YOU believe homosexuality is a choice?
Wrong.
You believe that CO2 is harmful?
Your opinion, I guess.
These are opinions that you disagree with. That's fine. You are entitled. You have that freedom. I, however, enjoy the same freedoms and DO agree with her opinions.

C'est la via!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

You mean interfering with peoples personal affairs and being a corporatist -

The lady talks about liberty and freedom - yet she advocates getting involved in peoples business and stacking
the market place in favor of billionaires - both on which are contrary to her liberty and freedom memes

You find a contrast to liberty and success. I see success as being a benefit of freedom and liberty. Some day, I hope I can be just as wealthy and successful.
Thanks for providing another viewpoint, though.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Most conservatives are morally backward [ because of some deep seated prejudice or they are stuck on the ethnocentric level of development and hate and don’t trust anybody but their own kind] and intellectually bankrupt because their argument has no moral, ethical or logical basis in reality so all they can do is resort to some kind of fantasy.

Bachmann and Palin are indicative of these almost child-like ignoramuses who are stuck on the level “my daddy is bigger and better than your daddy” level of development intellectually and in the face of the real world where their daddy is no better than any one else’s yet they stick to the belief and all they have left is delusion and self-deception.

That’s why they constantly come up with child–like stupidity that some people think is some kind of down home sincerity.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Most conservatives are morally backward [ because of some deep seated prejudice or they are stuck on the ethnocentric level of development and hate and don’t trust anybody but their own kind] and intellectually bankrupt because their argument has no moral, ethical or logical basis in reality so all they can do is resort to some kind of fantasy.

Bachmann and Palin are indicative of these almost child-like ignoramuses who are stuck on the level “my daddy is bigger and better than your daddy” level of development intellectually and in the face of the real world where their daddy is no better than any one else’s yet they stick to the belief and all they have left is delusion and self-deception.

That’s why they constantly come up with child–like stupidity that some people think is some kind of down home sincerity.

Quite an argument. So do you believe in equal oppourtunity AND equal outcome?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Of course I believe in equal opportunity as much as feasable.
There is not always an equal outcome.

I also do believe is that we should have a basic level of material safety for all people. Humans are advanced enough to provide that.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Your many responses are "Lie", "you are wrong", "stop reading the bible". I happen to see nothing wrong with plenty of what she said.
YOU believe homosexuality is a choice?
Wrong.
You believe that CO2 is harmful?
Your opinion, I guess.
These are opinions that you disagree with. That's fine. You are entitled. You have that freedom. I, however, enjoy the same freedoms and DO agree with her opinions.

C'est la via!

I don't believe CO2 is harmful, I KNOW it is...don't believe me? Read the link I posted as backup, it scientifically proves it.

And before you come along with some retarded "but it's natural" argument...so is Strychnine, and it's far from good. Don't believe me? Eat it!! LINK

And homosexuality clearly isn't a choice...as even the most vocal opponents often turn out to be homosexuals even though it goes against their belief. And a lot of what she said can be 100% debunked, like all the statements she made regarding evolution...she obviously has no clue about the theory in the first place

You can believe whatever you want, but if you like a person who claims that not all cultures are equal (like Hitler), that says a lot about you...

As long as the TP caters to bigots, racists, and uneducated bible thumpers, it's really hard to take them serious. Which is sad given that a 3rd party would do the country good.
edit on 27-1-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Of course I believe in equal opportunity as much as feasable.

Unless it's abortion (one of Bachmann's stances.) Some fetuses have better, "more equal" oppourtunities than others.

There is not always an equal outcome.

Outstanding! You are getting the point. Some people can get rich if they work hard, others choose not to, and stay poor. Of course that is a gross generalization, but I hope you see my point.

I also do believe is that we should have a basic level of material safety for all people. Humans are advanced enough to provide that.

Please define. I'm not sure as to your definition of "material safety". If you mean seat belts in cars, then we agree. If you want me to PAY for someone elses seatbelt, then we must disagree.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It’s really no use arguing with conservative tea party types, they are blocked inwardly from a certain kind of light that ordinary people have who can see the usefulness in feeding starving people, providing health care, and ending wars and violence and bringing people together rather than separating us based on race, wealth, and nationality.

They just can’t see the sense in basic morality even though they claim to be “Christians”

Isn’t that funny

Could one imagine Jesus Christ having the philosophy of a tea party republican conservative that wants to cut food stamps for poor children

edit on 27-1-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You can believe whatever you want, but if you like a person who claims that not all cultures are equal (like Hitler), that says a lot about you...

Prove to me that all cultures are equal.
Some cultures use female genital mutiltion. Don't want to bring that up here.
Some cultures approve of stoning. I don't want that, personally.
Some cultures approve of multiple wives. My bride would kick my butt!
Some cultures think it is ok to murder an unborn fetus. That makes me sad.
Some cultures approved of eating human flesh. I don't accept their invites to BBQ's.
Some cultures accept that getting taxed 60-70 percent is ok if the government takes care of them. I want to keep my money.
Some cultures believe in an invisible man that lives in the sky. Do all, should all, believe the same?

So yeah, all cultures are not equal.

But hey! Rock on with that freedom of speech, al cultures have that. . . . . . . right?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Her TP SOTU response was pure comedy gold

Look me in the eye baby...I SAID LOOK AT ME B&*^%!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And those cultures have issues with your culture too. What gives you the right to say you're better? You really have to come down from your high horse, because everyone has blood on their fingers!

You paid for child prostitution in Afghanistan...how is that better than a lot of the things you posted?

Cuba for example has a higher % of people able to read than the US...according to your logic, that makes Cuba better than the US

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join