It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann: Founding fathers ‘worked tirelessly’ to end slavery

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Janky Red

Are you even Americans or live in the US.
Strange, I cant help but get the feeling that some of you if not all are not even Americans and are just simply trying to stir the pot. Which party if any do any of you belong to or how have you voted say in the past 35 years or at least the last 8 elections as I have?

Because none of you state your locations or even imply that you're American.

Just curious...

Ironically this post is squarely on topic w/r to Bachmann

"....What I would say is that the [ATS MODS] should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the [ATS MODS] would take a great look at the views of the people [ON ATS] and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America? I think [ATS MEMBERS] would love to see an expose like that.”

Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't know what upsets progessives more.
Is it that people provide arguments they can't win?
Or is it that people are actually standing up to the progressive "meme" regardless of who is their target?

I know progressives like to think they are right, regardless of facts stated (perfect example is this thread).

Are you just so bound by hate and ideology that you can't see the truth? Is it that the truth is irrelavent, just so your hatred of certain political figures can manifest itself into political ideology?

Really, I would like to know. Why do you hate people so much? I'm a Tea Party member, a conservative, but I don't hate Obama. I just disagree with him. I use facts, data, his own words to support my arguments.

But the hatred out of the left!

If we could harness THAT energy, we'd need no fossil fuels!
edit on 29-1-2011 by beezzer because: tpoys

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

See your hypocrisy here?

You are using the "hater" designation, just like some progressives use the "racist" card.

Labeling the opposition is so lame and counter productive to any reasonable discussion.

read this....www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have been labeled a "people like you"....what exactly is that?

btw, I don't hate anyone even though I lean left but I've been a member of the GOP since 76; dosen't mean I have to constantly let my ideology get in the way of my common sense.

edit on 29-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by beezzer

See your hypocrisy here?

You are using the "hater" designation, just like some progressives use the "racist" card.

Labeling the opposition is so lame and counter productive to any reasonable discussion.

I have been labeled a "people like you"....what exactly is that?

What have I ever said that could be considered racist? What have I ever said that could be considered hatred?

Yet if I took the time I'm sure I could find sladerous things said about Palin, Bachmann, Fox that could be considered hatred. On many posts.

Even yours?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do you think we're fools and can't see thru your online demeanor, your syntax and attitude that you hate the left? Go back and read some of your posts.

It's obvious!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Do you think we're fools and can't see thru your online demeanor, your syntax and attitude that you hate the left? Go back and read some of your posts.

It's obvious!

I don't hate the left. I just disagree with the "left". I hate olives.
Nice try at changing the narritive, but it won't work. Ive got too much love in my heart to hate anyone.

But I still hate olives. Really.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
... voted say in the past 35 years or at least the last 8 elections as I have?

39 years for me, at all levels, and so do my sons. I've always refused to argue politics with anyone I knew who hadn't voted, as they chose not to participate yet sure could gripe. I don't have that luxury here.

I think one of the reasons CA Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman lost votes was when voters found out that she had not voted for 28 years.

Re comments by non-Americans....I find some non-A are more politically astute than my fellow A. Also, sometimes others hold up mirrors so that we might see how we appear to them. Or maybe a misconception can be cleared up.

I'll probably have some opinion about another country or their politics.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Or is it that people are actually standing up to the progressive "meme" regardless of who is their target?

I know progressives like to think they are right, regardless of facts stated (perfect example is this thread).

Are you just so bound by hate and ideology that you can't see the truth? Is it that the truth is irrelavent, just so your hatred of certain political figures can manifest itself into political ideology?

Really, I would like to know. Why do you hate people so much? I'm a Tea Party member, a conservative, but I don't hate Obama. I just disagree with him. I use facts, data, his own words to support my arguments.

Thank goodness you do you part in the manufacturing of hate. Hell, I was feeling alright, sure enough, you had to
crank up the ol production line with a broad sweeping generalization, demonizing millions upon millions of your fellow Americans based upon their political opinions and outlooks.

The chicken and The egg

You my friend seem to have mastered the egg very well

1. Spew nasty hateful generalization
2. Then complain about the ill will you receive in return
3. Act as if you are a the victim in order to validate your initial point

So my poor, innocent friend, in the production line of hatred -

I liken you to the electricity

You are an inspiration for hatred around the world!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Thank goodness you do you part in the manufacturing of hate. Hell, I was feeling alright, sure enough, you had to
crank up the ol production line with a broad sweeping generalization, demonizing millions upon millions of your fellow Americans based upon their political opinions and outlooks.

The chicken and The egg

You my friend seem to have mastered the egg very well

1. Spew nasty hateful generalization
2. Then complain about the ill will you receive in return
3. Act as if you are a the victim in order to validate your initial point

So my poor, innocent friend, in the production line of hatred -

I liken you to the electricity

You are an inspiration for hatred around the world!

I actually like you sir. I admire your posts. But it doesn't change the fact that the progressve movement is about targeting people, grouping people, and slandering people. I've been on the receiving end of it for the last year or so since I joined the Tea Party. The anger is just crazy!!!

But hey, to each his own.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are such a crybaby. Should I list all the I hate Obama threads. Here's a few made with in the last few days.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rush comes out with this "hater progressives" all the time. Try some original thought instead of parroting back Rush.

It's politics. If you can't run with the big dogs; stay on the porch.
If you can't take it...don't dish it out.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

You are such a crybaby. Should I list all the I hate Obama threads. Here's a few made with in the last few days.

It's politics. If you can't run with the big dogs; stay on the porch.
If you can't take it...don't dish it out.

Deflect much? I've never waivered from the issues. You, however, could put Robert Gibbs to shame. Want to debate the issues without using rhetoric? Then you're walking into a gunfight without a loaded gun. Hatred, rhetoric are the only weaponsyou have.

It's time to come clean skipper. Start being honest and not cut-and-paste from liberal websites. It's okay scooter, take my hand, I'll walk you through it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I don't hate the left. I just disagree with the "left". I hate olives.
Nice try at changing the narritive, but it won't work. Ive got too much love in my heart to hate anyone.

But I still hate olives. Really.

Admittedly I utterly reject your political views but at the same time love good humor.

You got a star from me for that one. Well played sir.
edit on 29-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Want to debate the issues without using rhetoric? Then you're walking into a gunfight without a loaded gun. Hatred, rhetoric are the only weaponsyou have.

It's time to come clean skipper. Start being honest and not cut-and-paste from liberal websites. It's okay scooter, take my hand, I'll walk you through it.

Rehetoric....
You're funny!! I love good humor too.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Honestly, whaaa, I was naive enough to believe that after George W. Bush was out of office, that would put an end to the word "hate" (a strong word) in American politics. I was sick of hearing how anyone criticizing our president or his policies was a "Bush hater".

I really, really, really thought that all those who accused liberals of "hate" would they themselves refuse to give in to hate and set a good example. Lo and behold, no sooner is Obama elected and up sprouts the most vile, idiotic talk about a newly elected president.

Then, when citizens rose up to counter such talk, they are immediately labeled "haters". Those liberals "hate" conservatives, "hate" Republicans, "hate" Palin/Bachmann, "hate" the country, "hate" the Tea Party. This to me is projection onto others what is inside oneself. Sadly, I see it in no other way.

We are over 200 years old, and it's about time this nation stops acting with adolescent rage, "I hate you, hate you, hate you!". Puerile morality must go if we are to advance in the 21st C.

Manufactured divisiveness sets We The People up for failure. This ATS thread shows who we're all up against.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Upon a review of this thread I surmise that compelling information was presented by both sides as to the accuracy of Ms Bachmann's claims. However, inasmuch as it was shown that many Founding Fathers may have recanted their original position regarding slavery (as they themselves were slave owners) it is debatable as to whether it was more about cause and effect rather than some noble adherence to a strict belief. Suffice to say, they were the original "flip-floppers." (Note: I am proud to be an American, but you have to accept historical fact, warts and all. That is the way it was is all I'm saying. Things do continually improve and I have profound respect and admiration for our forefathers so please don't misconstrue my need for historical accuracy with being unpatriotic.)

Regardless, I'd like to point out that outrageous statements spewed by Ms Bachmann are nothing new. As far back as April of last year I posted this thread in response to another fantastic claim that nuclear retaliation would be an appropriate response to a cyber attack.

"So if in fact there is a nation who is compliant with all the rules ahead of time...if they fire against the United States, a biological weapon, a chemical weapon, or maybe a cyber attack, then we aren't going to be firing back with nuclear weapons," said Bachmann. "Doesn't that make us all feel safe?"

CBS News Source

Granted a cyber attack would be potentially crippling if we weren't prepared and the ensuing chaos might cause loss of life due to the hampering of our communications. (emergency first responders, power grid, air traffic control etc.) But a nuclear response that would certainly lead to mass casualties in the hundreds of thousands seems a tad severe. I'm all for equal nuclear retaliation since we'd all likely be goners anyway, but to wipe out an entire country for what could even be the result of a rogue hacker. C'mon.
The woman is simply maniacal.

edit on 29-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Stupid/nonsensical statements/thinking can lie anywhere along the intelligence continuum.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I'm all for equal nuclear retaliation since we'd all likely be goners anyway, but to wipe out an entire country for what could even be the result of a rogue hacker. C'mon.
The woman is simply maniacal.

Exactly! What bothers me is that the average intellectual level of an average American does not seem to move upward. Which results in Bachmann being in the news, as opposed to being a nobody. Ergo, there is a real chance that a nut like her gets in the position of power and would be tickled pink to exercise some stupid retaliation against a shipment of rotten coconuts, in full nuclear glory.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Has anyone brought up the FACT that she DID NOT SAY founding fathers, she said FOREBEARS.

But hey, continue on, you got your narrative from your programming tube. It must be real.

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

How many times did the angle of the video get brought up? Hmmmm, must have been a mistake? or purposeful?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Has anyone brought up the FACT that she DID NOT SAY founding fathers, she said FOREBEARS.

I think she said 4bears.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

I think she had 4 beers.
Besides forebearers = founders in my opinion.

ON TOPIC. In addition to the current video in OP and her recent "off-camera" response to SOTUA, I find it ironic that she often refers to the Press as the "lame stream media" when all they do is point their cameras at her and roll. She provides the unscripted lunacy and all the media does is pass it along.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9732ea96e38.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join