It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we should all have the right and the possesion of a firearms.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrTuffGuy

home invasion, does that count?
i know ppl who have their hands registered as lethal weapons ... what would be necessary for them to 'have' to be an adequate 'threat' in your mind?
edit: ummmm, in case you missed it, i am a 40+ yr old grandma ... not a young, strapping guy.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Honor93 because: to clarify gender

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

thats a myth im afraid. even if they are 9th dan

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I dont think he was referring to people like you..

We do have a big problem in the US with a lot of younger guys who brag about their guns and wanna act gangster.
You just get the feeling some are itching to pull out their piece at any sign of trouble even when it is not warranted.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

Originally posted by VI0811

we dont allow guns without strict regulations in the uk. and you need to have a reason to own one, self defense is not a reason here.

you can have a shot gun or a rifle. both need a license or you can get a hand gun wich is almost impossible to get a licence for.

I feel quite safe in the uk without guns, i prefer it this way to be honest. i know you can get guns illegaly, even smgs. but thats quite uncommon where i live. i dont want them to be made freely available, we have enough voilence as it is.

Your preaching a lie, I work with many people from the UK as well as my good friend was born and raised their. Although your guns laws are more regulated, many still have guns and crime is just as bad and more violent when it does occurre ( beatings etc ) . My friend just got back from visiting family. I hear about life their all the time. Just because you think your from somewhere that others aren't don't preach to people like they don't know what your UK is all about. Spare us the rhetorical non-sense ...

i have lived all over the uk. i know much more about living here than someone who doesn't, i have been randomly attacked enough times, i have been in plenty of fights, instigated by nothing more than glancing at someone., i have also had knives pulled on me.been chased by a shotgun weilding lunatic,shooting us . where i currently live there is violent crime, i never said it wansn't an issue. but this is about GUN crime, i have never felt unsafe about that('cept that one time). I can defend myself from an unarmed attack one on one. but have never feared being shot or felt really unsafe here.
edit on 27-1-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

soooo, do we now refer to you as 'ironman'?

been chased by a shotgun weilding lunatic,shooting us ~~ but have never feared being shot or felt really unsafe

i'm not sure if you are simply fooling yourself or trying to fool others, either way, it's not working.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by ker2010

What is the difference between "bragging" about different weapons? Someone that can fight just know how to use the body as a weapon. Most gun nuts out there sharpen their tools, just as we sharpen ours. I personally like being ripped and in shape, it feels great. It is also to my advantage to have lots of weapons available, my body, and a few useful external weapons.

Sure i agree thats why i own guns. But im not gonna pull out a gun on a unarmed man..
Here is the deal.

A guy comes up to me and pulls out a gun or knife and demands my money.. Yep im pulling out my gun...

A guy comes up to me puts up his fists and demands my money. Nope im not pulling out my gun, im gonna beat him senseless if i can LOL
edit on 27-1-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

call me what you like, i dont lie on this board. I dont really get your point.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

i'm sorry, i don't follow this post.
what myth?? your serenity?
what is 9th dan??

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by MR BOB

i'm sorry, i don't follow this post.
what myth?? your serenity?
what is 9th dan??

9th dan is a martial arts ranking,, a very high degree in a martial art form.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

yup, im not 9th dan though. just was making a point.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jzenman

Compliant victims still get beat and sometimes killed.

Lucy's Swan Song
She Did Everything He Asked Now Her Kids Are Orphans
Beaten With His Own Cane In His Own Home
66 Year Old Man Beaten For $400

If you look around there are many many cases like this and worse. Compliance does not always satisfy the criminal. Some are afraid of witnesses, a lot of them are just bad people. Think about it, if the person has enough disrespect for you, your belongings, and your safety to rob you, is a beating or worse much of a stretch for them?
edit on 27-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by Honor93

We do have a big problem in the US with a lot of younger guys who brag about their guns and wanna act gangster.
You just get the feeling some are itching to pull out their piece at any sign of trouble even when it is not warranted.

yep, i've met those boys at the mailbox more than once.
one was silly enough to 'show' me the handle of the piece in his pocket ... then my man stepped out with one of our long guns. The 'neighborly' boy scurried into a passing SUV and hasn't been heard from again.
agreed, in this day, tooooo many ppl are 'itching' in places they ought not be.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VI0811

we dont allow guns without strict regulations in the uk. and you need to have a reason to own one, self defense is not a reason here.

you can have a shot gun or a rifle. both need a license or you can get a hand gun wich is almost impossible to get a licence for.

I feel quite safe in the uk without guns, i prefer it this way to be honest. i know you can get guns illegaly, even smgs. but thats quite uncommon where i live. i dont want them to be made freely available, we have enough voilence as it is.

Your preaching a lie, I work with many people from the UK as well as my good friend was born and raised their. Although your guns laws are more regulated, many still have guns and crime is just as bad and more violent when it does occurre ( beatings etc ) . My friend just got back from visiting family. I hear about life their all the time. Just because you think your from somewhere that others aren't don't preach to people like they don't know what your UK is all about. Spare us the rhetorical non-sense ...

i have lived all over the uk. i know much more about living here than someone who doesn't, i have been randomly attacked enough times, i have been in plenty of fights, instigated by nothing more than glancing at someone., i have also had knives pulled on me.been chased by a shotgun weilding lunatic,shooting us . where i currently live there is violent crime, i never said it wansn't an issue. but this is about GUN crime, i have never felt unsafe about that('cept that one time). I can defend myself from an unarmed attack one on one. but have never feared being shot or felt really unsafe here.

soooo, do we now refer to you as 'ironman'?

been chased by a shotgun weilding lunatic,shooting us ~~ but have never feared being shot or felt really unsafe

i'm not sure if you are simply fooling yourself or trying to fool others, either way, it's not working.

All over the UK huh ? Your still spreading propaganda. The people I deal with daily, live there right now. My friend is 48. He has been in the U.S. for 9 years. Give me a break please.
If you have a solution, lets hear it. I am 40 as well. I don't carry a gun. I hunt, and my house is protected. Never have I used one in vein. Nor has any other gun owner that follows the rules and regulations. Criminals however, do not follow the rules, that's why we call them criminals.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Rocky Black

Guns have no place in the world now and they will have no place in civilised society in the future

Its all very well and good claiming a Gun is for defensive purposes but they arnt they are an Offensive weapon that should neither be Used or even seen because of the distress they cause, Dont like it? Maybe try making our world a better place that doesnt require firearms.

Guns are for people who arnt powerfull enough to use words to sort thier problems

How ignorant of you. AMERICA wouldn't exist had it not been for GUNS and HITLER would be tossing you all in an oven IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR AMERICA AND GUNS..

Wake the fk up....seriously you stupid people..

CRIMINALS DONT USE LEGAL REGISTERED FIREARMS
edit on 27-1-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

call me what you like, i dont lie on this board. I dont really get your point.

i didn't call you anything ... i asked a question ... are you fooling yourself or trying to fool others?

all i did was copy YOUR words.
you claim you've retreated while being shot at and in the same sentence, claim you have no fear of said activity. so, which is it? from experience, i am sure it is Not both.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by Honor93

yep, i've met those boys at the mailbox more than once.
one was silly enough to 'show' me the handle of the piece in his pocket ... then my man stepped out with one of our long guns. The 'neighborly' boy scurried into a passing SUV and hasn't been heard from again.
agreed, in this day, tooooo many ppl are 'itching' in places they ought not be.

Education and respect should be shown and given. Most of these young punks own guns illegally ..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

I still live here?... if you read my posts you would see that. i was going to add in my original post on here, that if i lived in the US i would most definatly own a gun, im not anti gun. i just dont think it is right for the the uk.

edit: i dont think you know what propaganda is.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

thanks for clarifying but if i encountered a 9th dan, INTENT on harming me, damn straight he'd meet my protector, up close even.
as I have no obligation to engage a fool in a fist fight, i have every obligation to survive by whatever means available, guns included.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

well you can live in fear your whole life if you want. why are you trying to pick a fight with me anyways?

are you suggesting i made it up? if i had skype i would be happy to tell the whole thing over the phone

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Unfortunately 10 years ago an ex-girlfriend made false charges of domestic violence against me and now I'm prohibited from purchasing firearms of any sort. I suppose when the Global Zombie Cataclysm hits there will be plenty lying around for the taking. Meanwhile I'm going to look into high power crossbows. Just in case.

Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thankfully most martial artists don't go around beating people up like they could lol. In all honesty, if someone actually trained wishes you harm, you will probably be on the floor before you even have a chance to reach for a gun.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join