It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we should all have the right and the possesion of a firearms.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Good job a dont live in philly, That way i wont go around killing people with my Man-Weapon accidently

Fortunately ive studied hard and got a house away from Violence though i experienced a lot of it when i lived with my parents in one of the worst area's of england.

Yeah sure i got my mobile stolen once Oh and i got punched once because i stole someones pint, But blowing peoples brains out isnt the answer and i got by.

Despite the area that i lived in i only ever saw One gun that was dropped in my back garden when i was 6, I allmost killed my mum thinking it was a Toy.

I would rather die than carry something that could take a life from anyone.

That makes me one of the best possible people i can be, And thats why ive got far in life

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Well lets see.

First off I would not even put myself in a situation like that.

An if for some reason I was in a place like that I would keep my mouth shut and not be looking for trouble like some big mouths tends to do.

Now if this big mama started a fight with me and got in my face and starting swinging at me while I was sitting there minding my own buisness I would have stood up very politly and said excuse me miss do you have a problem. And once she opened her mouth I would have leaned in with my forehead and smashed it as hard as I could on the bridge of her nose and when she went down to grab her poor little said nose. I would look over to her and say you look at me again and say one more thing to me I will be forced to defend my life using bodily harm, Consider that a warning. And at the moment I would be looking at everyone like you want some of that. Then site down leave innocent people alone before you get what is really coming to you.

You would have been eating her knuckle sandwich.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So you dont need a gun then...

I would have stood up to her just same, A Gun doesnt make man, The abilty to take control of situations whilst using intellegence and working out a solution that doesnt involve killing or violence makes a man

Im a big guy, Got a lot of muscle, Doesnt mean i go round hitting everyone, if someone pushes me around too much they get whats coming to them like anyone would, But ive never condoned violence to sort out my problems, That would make me as bad as any other villian

edit on 26/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

We need more Citizens Against Crime (CAC); not vigilanties per se but citizens who are willing and able to act with the proper force when necessary rather than let a serious crime be committed (especially against the most vulverable among us, the old and very young). A conscientious citizen may be a greater asset to society than a trained but psychologically inferior police. Some police are tyrants and harrass citizens while others are afraid to confront a situation (ie Columbine) until after the mayhem has been committed. Most are not however but bad apples affect the whole barrel; nor are most citizens capable of such intervention. It is mostly a matter of will.

I personally stopped a handful of crimes when I used to live in Chicago years ago (including where yours truly was the target) all unarmed (altho in one case I really believe that the perpetrator thought I had a gun when I reached into my coat breast pocket reflexively just before the perp closed on me as he then made a quick 90 degree turn away - just got off the El late at night and was well dressed - Burberry trench coat, etc so I made a a good target). Another time I was walking home from the Merc (Chicago Mercantile Exch) I lived 25" away and was 5" from home near a park close to Division (west of State) and I heard a scream and then this tall, black guy came running around the corner like he was carrying a football (turned out to be a purse) then 4 guys came around in pusuit and yelled "stop that guy!" It was late on a Sunday night and the street was empty as I was walking across an intersection to work my way closer to home and this guy was coming right at me in the middle of the street. About 5 yards from me he dropped the purse but I had already assumed a linebacker stance and tackled him head on. We both flew thru the air and I got scuffed up on the pavement and he tried to crawl away and then the other guys came and jumped on him. The police were there within a couple of minutes (I am not sure who called the police). The girl whose purse was grabbed thanked me which made it worth it and then I hobbled home the last few blocks. If I had been content to let him pass (afterall he dropped the purse) then he would have gotten away and would have grabbed someone else's purse at a latter date. Calling the police after the fact would probably not have resulted in an arrest. And nobody got killed in the apprehension.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I admire your courage CC, Thats exactly the sort of Mind-set That others would do better to follow in this otherwise insane world

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Sure but you have no problem handling a steak knife though.

Both can be dangerous..

Maybe if you had a dad he would have showed you gun safety when you were little so you would have know not to touch a loaded gun and not almost shoot your mom.

Listen you don't even know what tought is.

try growing up in lawrence. I was born in Lawrence Ma when it was safe and friendly. Now it is little little satodomingo. Whould I walk dowbn the streets in a bad neighborhood.

yes I have.

Would I go looking for trouble no.

Can I handle my self because I have adjusted to living in these conditions. Yes.

its called street smarts.

And let me tell you if you though you could talk your way out of some of the situation where I was attacked then think again..

I feel sorry for you if you think you can talk your way out of things.

Yes maybe in a small scullfe and you bump into someone and they spill their drink of bump into someone and appologize.

i'm niot talking about those sistuations.

I'm talking about when you leacing the mall and its late and the mall is colsing and as your walking to to your car you see about 4 guys sitting in the car next to yours. Once you get to your car they jusmp out with baseball bats and say give me your money..

Listen either way they are gonna take it. It is wheather or not the are gonna beat you to death..

now in this situation your dead and broke and they may even take your car and go to your address and rob you house and who knows what the will doe to anybody home IE your kids.

Now if that was me walking to my car. As soon as I saw them I would have removed the strap on my holster.

Now once they jumped out of the car and said give me your money. I will pull out my weapon and say get the # on the ground and put your hands behind you heads. If someone flinches in my direction well that is when I show you how a gun can make somone dance. And if at that point he is not pissing himself and aggressive charges you then you put him down.

Most malls have survelance and would have you on camera out number and defensless. now if they can show that you tried to give them a chance to surrender and still charged after you then whats the chances they were not going to kill you to begin with and it is justified.

Now the libs would come out and make you the vigilanty crimals instead of the victim.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

at the end of the day pal, Youve grown up Around guns in the USA, i havent, we both have biased oppinions based on what we see Works in our society, My father wouldnt have thought of teaching me about gun control when i was 6 because we dont have Guns here!, The only weapon ive really used is a crossbow and i stopped that when the coiled elastic strand popped out the holsters and proceeded to plough into my face

Guns work in your society

They dont work in mine

we'll agree to disagree ok?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I agree

Please be safe and good luck.

I will always remeber to be safe and remember my actions have consequences.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Aye i hope you never come to such a situation in life that requires the use of a firearm

Which i suppose is the best gesture of good will i can offer

Keep safe

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have a crossbow also (Jennings Devastator)....I think that it would be more intimidating (w broadpoints) aimed at close range to a home invader than a pistol (exc for it being limited to one shot). Forget that scene from the movie, Deliverance, it would go right thru someone. But we live at the edge of towm (quasi rural) and have had our prowlers (read potential home invaders) so we have to keep some firearms for self defense. I prefer a 12 ga shotgun with buckshot and would have no qualms using it if an armed robber "invaded" my home. That is a defacto microcosmic act of war and I would use the castle defense (with the amount of force necessary and appropriate).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yep i would definately say a Cross-Bow bolt is more intimidating than a Bullet anyday

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by ganjoa

Thats what i hope for to be honest, But when everyones armed and ready to fight each other there will only be fighting and Darkness, Only when people lay down their arms and stop acting like animals will people feel safe on the streets again, But everyone feels they have to right to kill, Nobody Has the right to TAke a life and thats what people with guns do, They take lives.

All animals have the ability to kill, However we have speech and speech is more powerfull than any cowardly weapon anyday

Its not civilized society that's robbing and hurting people its the criminals. If we become the perfect nonviolent civilization there will still be people screwed up in the head enough to kill you for a few dollars. In America its our right to defend ourselves and to carry the weapons to do it. If you are anti guns that's your decision. But don't ask for help when you or your family are getting raped and killed for 5 bucks. You say weapons are for cowards but not standing up for your rights is the most cowardice there is.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

I wont need to complain, England doesnt have guns therefore chances of such things are mininmul, I suggest you go back and read the previous conclusion that i just had with the Pro-Gun guy in this thread and refer to the conclusion we came to, Before trying to prove a point that we have allready concluded is Biased and frankly Not-the-case in england Therefore i can not agree that Guns are needed

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I have been to england several times while in the Marines. I feel sorry for you guys i really do. You pretty much gave up any rights you had to protect yourselves. And even though there are no guns there your crime is through the roof. All guns do is level the playing field. Criminals will always have them. If not a gun a big knife. If not a knife then a shovel. They flock to weapons to give them the advantage. All we want as honest hard working citizens is to be able to defend ourselves against madmen.

I'm not trying to convince you that guns are the right way to go i'm trying to convince you there there are bad people out there and people have the right to protect themselves. If your man enough to go toe to toe with an armed criminal then more power to you and good luck. You don't have a bias opinion you have an uneducated one.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

LOL by your logic on banning guns 832 people die every year from accidental dischage of firearms.

There are 105,000 deaths by car accident every year.
In Hospital Deaths from Medical Errors at 195000 per Year

So lets ban cars and doctors then.

Looks like gun deaths are insignificant.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You are Plain wrong.

I have allready come to a viable conclusion with The OP and claiming im Unintellgent in the absence of been able to present any other real Argument doesnt get you anywhere

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

And your point been?

If anything your strenghtening my argument that Guns are just another uneccesery "Death-bringer" on the streets

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Your logic is flawed completely. In fact what your trying to say is the Utopian England, and everywhere else that has the foolish idea that self defense is the bailiwick of law enforcement, Is blessed with humans who can be reasoned with. That is just not and never has been logical. Passing laws that are supposed to legislate behavior is a fools errand. It makes victims of anyone who lets that be their guide and does nothing but fills the pockets of the ruling class that makes these laws ,Not to protect their citizenry , but to protect themselves from the unwashed they are overseeing. They look at it in that light also. They are 'The Rulers' and all else their serfs. If that wasn't true then English Common law, that our very Constitution is based on, would not have changed to make subjects of rather than citizens of Britain. Your 'Politically Correct' changes in English Law have caused more problems and made criminals of those same citizens.
You see here in the US, the coppers have no 'affirmative Duty' to protect their citizens. Even if they constantly bombard us with the logo "To Protect and Serve'! What that really means, and our courts have upheld,is that they are there to protect the laws themselves and NOT the citizens.

No Affirmative Duty

I'm willing to bet that the coppers in Britain have the very same mandate!
There's also the psychotic idea that self defense is unnecessary!

Raging against 'Self Defense'

Zindo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join