It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shargel's "NASA UFO Test Of 1997" story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The NASA UFO Test Of 1997
By Lee Shargel // Jan. 25, 2011
www.topnewsreports.com...

He claims he took part in UFO hoaxing at the behest of NASA officials
who later were untraceable. If he admits to being a haoxer of one sort, is
he pulling off another one now?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
not creadible source to draw logical conclusions . He needs to give us a little more then a little hearsay without any merit to back it up with.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Unless I'm mistaken, He is the NASA official...

By Lee Shargel
May 18, 2004

The Aliens are coming! The Aliens are coming! Folks don't believe it. The only aliens that are coming are sneaking under a fence somewhere along the Texas border. How can I be so sure? Well, for one thing we've caught a few of them and they don't have tentacles, ray guns or flying saucers. What they do have is bad breath, bad directions and a pocket full of jallopenos. Sorry, no mystery here.

In 1996, I wrote a science fiction novel entitled "Voice in the Mirror." It was a fictional story about the discovery of life on another planet. The other planet was Earth. Yes, they discovered us. Now that's a switch. In my pursuit to find a publisher, I found that I was gathering enough rejection slips to wallpaper my house. Since, my wife felt that the rejection slip pattern did not fit the decor, I decided it was time for a different approach to this publising game. So, Doctor Lee Shargel, Top Secret NASA scientist was born.

I decided that the best way to get the book published was to make the slightest inference that it just might be real. Lo and behold, the NEW AGE publishers were beating down my door. I secured a publisher and a nice (if not small) advance check. I was ready to meet the world as a fictional Top Secret NASA scientist and holder of a PhD in Egyptian Quantum Mechanics...

www.useless-knowledge.com...

edit on 26/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that he is even an author, based on his version of spelling Jalapenos

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
He could be looking for publicity of course, he is still in the money making business. It also sounds like the story may have some merit. Let's see, the gov't wants to see what people will believe and what they won't. When they found out it worked that part of the program(the author himself), is done. Now once they know it works they move onto the next phase, who knows what that is but this really isn't a big stretch from any other lies the gov't has told us and we believed.... they just used this guy for their experiment and it looks like he's been somewhat persecuted since. It could be a publicity stunt and it could be true, I think it has a little of both in there.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

The more I read this the more I am swayed in to thinking that this is all part of an agenda, I mean it fits nicely in to the whole new planets, that are doing the rounds on the MSM at the moment. Of course it could also be that he is looking to get his hands on as much money as possible.

I am on the fence at the moment, but one things for sure. If NASA are involved then we know there is an agenda at play.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Well Jim ..... thats very interesting , but your source doesn't appear all that reputable .

Claims alien dolphins contacted him, has Flipper and ET confused. False Claims: Worked for NASA, has degree in Egyptian Quantum Physics, has degrees from universities that don't exist. Was actually invited to speak at International UFO Congress, the joke was on the conference as no one checked Shargel's credentials and the International UFO Congress continues to be the victim of UFO con artists. Shows pictures of UFO and aliens that are obviously fraudulent. Reported to be associated with the Heaven's Gate cult.
www.ufowatchdog.com...

Even in the fantastic world of alien abductions, UFO crashes and massive government conspiracies, Lauderhill author Lee Shargel works close to the outer limits. Armed with items he identifies as secret photos taken by the Hubble Space Telescope, debris from a flying saucer and a mark on his chest left by dolphin-like aliens, the science-fiction writer has been touring the country since November, publicizing his new novel, Voice in the Mirror. The story was inspired, Shargel says, by his real-life meeting with beings from another solar system in 1993.
www.mnmufon.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
An old classic of Cointelpro.

The best in such case is always "to divide apples from pears"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
He claims he took part in UFO hoaxing at the behest of NASA officials
who later were untraceable. If he admits to being a haoxer of one sort, is
he pulling off another one now?

Jim Oberg with a spelling error? "haoxer"

Okay fess up who are you and what have you done with the REAL Jimbo?

And we all know that NASA would NEVER try to fool us...

Well except sometimes... like this presentation by Jim Garvin at a convention of scientists

Here is one slide from that presentation...

Fossils and Artifacts on Mars? Dang!!!

The Garvin Trilobite

but we looked at that rock and I don't see a fossil on it
though the rover did do some drilling on it

The Rock called Humphrey

Credit: ArMaP

The Garvin Artifact

But again when we looked at the rock we don't see that artifact

White Boat Rock

Now since Jim Garvin didn't bother to include image numbers it made it difficult to track down the originals and ArMaP did a lot of work to make that happen.

You can see all the work here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

You can see the original NASA presentation here a pdf version of the power point
www.thelivingmoon.com...

So what is the purpose of this presentation? A Joke? Jim says that the boys at NASA like to joke a lot, like Story Musgrave seeing snakes in space

NASA= Never A Straight Answer

Well seems the joke is on us... here is another slide from the presentation

VERY FUNNY Jim Garvin HA HA

edit on 26-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
A hoax to explain a past hoax to revive a career?

Watch for his new book at a location near you?

Actually quite elegant if you think about it. Those who have a hatred of NASA will be an automatic pool of customers to draw from. Make NASA the bad guys and once again present fiction as if it might be fact?

Those silly darn Dolphins, always biting the wrong people it seems.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae7ec4751421.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
error, self-controlled finger
edit on 26-1-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

The more I read this the more I am swayed in to thinking that this is all part of an agenda, I mean it fits nicely in to the whole new planets, that are doing the rounds on the MSM at the moment. Of course it could also be that he is looking to get his hands on as much money as possible.

I am on the fence at the moment, but one things for sure. If NASA are involved then we know there is an agenda at play.

I would say you are entirely correct but short-sighted. We are all part of the agenda, you, me. Oberg, NASA, the whole Disclosure issue, every scrap of anything printed, said, or even thought pro or con about UFOs and ETs are part of the agenda of getting the whole world in a decent position to accept the inevitable. The UFO myth has been the prime, instigating vehicle (pun intended).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
For those of you interested in the idea of possible staging of UFO incidents, there is a detailed discussion about that very topic to be found at the thread below. It starts off about one incident but there is a lot of quality information later on in the thread.

Rendlesham Incident: A Test of Virtual Reality Projectors (Jacques Vallee)
edit on 26/1/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

If the guy's story is not BS, and he was actually given NASA credentials to help lend weight to his authority while spreading UFO/ET disinfo, I doubt NASA was actually behind the whole thing. More than likely it would have been an intelligence agency. It's a classic disinfo technique, to spread some truth within the disinformation, so that by association, the truth is discredited along with the blatant disinformation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I doubt NASA was actually behind the whole thing. More than likely it would have been an intelligence agency. It's a classic disinfo technique, to spread some truth within the disinformation, so that by association, the truth is discredited along with the blatant disinformation.
I thought if an intelligence agency provided credentials, they would plant corresponding records to support those credentials at the relevant locations, Like universities, employers, so the credentials would check out.

His credentials didn't check out:

ufoupdateslist.com...

During those two days we performed an extensive check on his
alleged credentials. We found absolutely no record of his PhD at
the university from which he allegedly got it. We couldn't locate
any office at JPL that could confirm his association with that
lab and so on. We called several institutions where Shargel said
he had studied or worked. No confirmation of his 'credentials'
was found...
So wouldn't credentials provided by an intelligence organization check out better than that?

I just wanted to share that with you. I still don't know who
Shargel is and why he insists on giving us false information on
his background. But I certainly know that there are a lot of
people like him in the UFO community, in the USA, Brazil and
everywhere...
He's not the only one in the UFO community with false credentials? Well I guess we better be careful about who to believe.

Now if this guy was telling the truth, and he knew about the flaw in the Hubble's mirror before it was launched, and he didn't go to the media to expose they were about to launch a faulty telescope before they launched it, I'd like to wring his neck for that reason alone, but of course I don't believe a word he says and can only laugh at him, and cry about the Hubble mirror flaw.

If alien life is detected that's not intelligent, it's not going to be a big deal, in fact evidence of alien life may have already been detected depending on the final outcome of the ALH84001 debate. I don't see any panic or chaos over that.

For the detection of intelligent life, I see two possible scenarios:
1. War of the Worlds scenario: I kind of chuckle when people use this example to say there would be mass panic if intelligent ETs were revealed because there was mass panic by some people who didn't realize it was a fictitious radio broadcast. That wasn't a simple "disclosure" of some sort, but a report about being attacked, so yes if aliens attack, there may be chaos and panic and it may even be justified! If their technology is advanced enough to travel the vast distances to get here, it may be powerful enough to wipe us out and our resistance may be futile. As Data said on ST-TNG, they will destroy you from orbit, and you will die, never having seen your attackers. I don't recall ever being panicked before, but if the earth was being destroyed, there might be a first time.
2. If the disclosure is non-hostile, I really don't understand the usually cogent but in this case nonsensical claim by Michio Kaku that there would likely be mass panic. After seeing how many people already believe aliens not only exist but are visiting Earth, I think it's far more likely that the general reaction would be "Well, it's about time you finally admitted what we knew all along" and I just don't see how that equates to panic. Maybe a tiny percentage of the population would panic, but a tiny percentage of the population believed in heaven's gate too and while that didn't work out well for them, it really didn't affect the rest of us too dramatically.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It amazes me sometimes that we cannot distinguish between fact or science fiction. Regarding Lee Shargel, what he says is totally believable. No one ever gets a story right and by the time it has passed through so many hands, minds and posts, it gets totally distorted. Is it so hard to believe that their are people, groups think tanks and the like, that foment this stuff. Of course they want to know the public's reaction to UFO's and ET. But the psychology here doesn't always point to alien invasion. Who would be hurt the most by the revelation that we are being visited by ET even benign ET's who come bearing gifts (Boy sounds like the TV show "V") I wonder where that idea came from? In any event the revelation of ET and even the most minimal offering of ET technology would hurt corporations most severely. The people who run the world would stand to lose the most, so what is their scenario? Well for all intents and purposes they would own it, put a spin on it or do whatever it takes to maintain control of us. Lee Shargel has been misquoted so many times it makes my head spin. All of the claims that people say he is claiming above the fact that he is an author of a very popular SCIENCE FICTION novel are wrong. The writer's and reporters of this stuff have there own words to sell.

top topics

join