It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13-year-old suicide bomber kills 13 Shi'ite Muslims in Lahore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

LAHORE: A teenage suicide bomber blew himself up near a religious procession of Shi’ite Muslims in the Pakistani city of Lahore today, killing at least 13 people and wounding more than 50, officials said.

Islamist militants linked to al Qaeda and Taliban have attacked such religious gatherings in the past as part of their bloody campaign to create chaos and topple the US-backed Pakistani government. “A 13-year-old boy detonated explosives as policemen tried to check him at a cordon near the procession,” Lahore police chief Aslam Tarin told Reuters.

Link

Nothing like parents showing their love by strapping explosives on your 13-year-old and sending them to blow themselves and others up. All for the grandson of Mohammad.
I don't understand how things like this go on. Its bad enough you have suicide bombers period. To send children in??? They are cowards.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The parents should have led by example and went first....

It's sad that this even happens. I wish I knew why, and I really wish there was a way to halt it. Sadly all I can do is shake my head and wonder.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

This has been going on for awhile.

Usually the shoot them up full of drugs and lit them wander into an area with people in a drug induced stuper and then someone calls the phone and sets it off.

If you people really believe that this is the wasy of Alah's teaching well your wrong.

This is a staight trip the hell.

Dont listen to the people who spew hate they are the evil doers. Whe the time comes they will get theirs.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I just don't get it. I'm a parent, and I just can't imagine agreeing to send your child to their death, martyr or not. There's just absolutely no amount of heavenly rewards you could offer me to make me let my child be killed. I'd sacrifice the entire world before I sacrificed my child. It's just a no-brainer.

How can someone do this? It makes no sense to me. If ever there were a conspiracy I would believe without any evidence, it's that none of these parents consent to this. Of course, I know they do, but I would be so willing to believe that they don't. That would make more sense to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
The parents should have led by example and went first....

Originally posted by 00nunya00
I just don't get it. I'm a parent, and I just can't imagine agreeing to send your child to their death, martyr or not..... There's just absolutely no amount of heavenly rewards you could offer me to make me let my child be killed. I'd sacrifice the entire world before I sacrificed my child. It's just a no-brainer.

The child simply could have been a brainwashed orphan.....

How can someone do this? It makes no sense to me. If ever there were a conspiracy I would believe without any evidence, it's that none of these parents consent to this. Of course, I know they do, but I would be so willing to believe that they don't. That would make more sense to me.

First off the story does not mention whether the parents consented. I have a feeling this story has been spun by some rather interesting replies. The child in question was used as a tool by those who could care less about innocent lives.

If they don't care about those who they bomb why would they care about those they use to carry out such heinous acts?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As a Mother this breaks my heart. This is a child

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Exactly!!!!!!!! The world is not always how we see it or how we experience it. There was no mention of his parents at all, and he very well could have been an orphan or kidnapped or any number of things. Unless the article cites his overjoyed family we have no idea of his situation.

www.straitstimes.com...

The above is just due to the flooding and it cites around 6 million orphans.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why roll your eyes at my comments? I take it you're not a parent, or you'd get what I'm saying. You may see see these people as soulless heathens unworthy of your consideration as people with feelings, but I highly doubt you're right. Parents are *usually* pretty serious about protecting their kids. Parents *usually* love their kids. The fact that they're sending them to their deaths does not make these people G-dless heathens any more than it makes the millions of parents in the US, UK and rest of the world who allow their kids to join the military G-dless monsters. You may see a big difference between strapping your kid with bombs and sitting in a nice ceremony in your Sunday best while your kid gets shipped off to war, but a lot of people don't. So don't assume these people are either horrible animals or wonderful warriors. Assume nothing.

And I don't care that the article said nothing about the parents----seriously, we're not allowed to bring up any aspect of anything the article didn't specifically state? Come on. It's on-topic discussion. Lighten up.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I am a parent, You missed the whole point of my reply...

Think about it....

[I'm by no means justifying the heinous act] but somehow this story has gotten skewed towards the misconception that in Islamic culture as a whole they encourage and allow their children to be used in these acts. This was a horribly sad event. But let's see through the rhetoric and base our responses on the actual article and not innuendo is all I'm saying.

edit on 26-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You are right. It very well could have been an orphan.
Any adults that would have played part in "brainwashing" or drugging of this child to do this, doesn't have the right to breathe.

Here is the Google search for this. All the links pretty much say the same thing.
Google results
edit on 26-1-2011 by SKinLaB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't think I'm assuming anything about any culture as a whole, or even insinuated that. I was saying that I can't understand how parents can let this happen to their kids. Sure, maybe this kid or even others are orphans, but I highly doubt they all are or even a majority. "Orphans" don't happen in the same way in these countries; there isn't a whole lot of CPS coming in and taking kids away for stupid things like in the US, and most kids have a lot more of their extended family living nearby than in the US. True orphans in most other countries are kids who have either been cast out as witches (like in Africa in some places), or whose entire families have died due to war or disease or famine. It is rare in the Middle East to have no family at all.

I'm sure these suicide bombing groups become very attractive for many orphans because they offer a sense of belonging and they are taken care of----until they're blown apart. But the majority of those kids get taken in by truly benevolent local groups or people who try, at least, to feed and shelter them and keep them from becoming suicide bombers. These aren't people who just let their own people languish if they can help it, and they give of themselves even when they have nothing to give.

But we also know that many of these kids aren't orphans, because we have their mothers and fathers and families making videos of how proud they are of them. Do we have this for this kid? Of course not---not yet, anyways. But that's beside my point. We do know many have parents, and I was just saying I don't know how they could do this to their children. That's all.

ETA: and I was also combining my reply to you with a reply to the poster who agreed with your reply to me. Should have made that clear, sorry.
edit on 26-1-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Let's be real here.....

Yes there are some who will push this on their children and I agree that is a travesty however your statement that there isn't a problem with regards to orphans in the middle east doesn't hold water.

Middle East orphans, the new victims of modern times

Child abandonment in the Middle East

Over the last few years the Middle East have seen a surge in child abandonment. Why would you say a family orientated culture would see such a phenomena? Well.

By opening to the West and its new freedom, middle eastern women and children are paying a heavy price. There is no social stigma attached to having a child outside marriage in the West, but in Middle East, where Islamic moral values are rule, it is a very different picture.

Iraqi orphans face uncertain future

edit on 26-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said or implied that "there isn't a problem with orphans in the Middle East." Quote what I said that you're inferring that from, please.

ETA: your article's author goes on to assert those families in the Middle East "always turn a blind eye." A seriously misguided and biased source for the other citation. And also note, she's talking about countries with a heavily increasing Western influence----which is not the same kind of countries that are suicide bombing each other for being too Western or liberal or whatever. The article then tries to use Islam to slam these people. It's an opinion piece, not journalism.

EagainTA: I'm not saying there's no orphan problem, obviously. To be clear, I'm saying there aren't orphans laying around for radical suicide bomb cults to come along and buy by the dozen. They TRY to take care of and protect the orphans. Of course some get in the hands of bad people. I'm not even trying to argue about an orphan problem or lack of. That's completely beyond my entire point of my original post. I only argued about orphans because it sounded like you were asserting that this kid is probably an orphan, and that's just necessarily not the case.

edit on 26-1-2011 by 00nunya00 because: I had misread

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And you've put your finger on the problem right there,we don't UNDERSTAND the mentallity and motivation of these people,it would be completely abhorrent to us in the west to contemplate sending our 13 year old child out in a suicide vest,unfortunately though, we confront the problem with a western mind set,we need to get into their minds and absorb their culture in an effort to understand and ultimately defeat these *******.
edit on 26-1-2011 by nake13 because: quoted post not displaying correctly

edit on 26-1-2011 by nake13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by nake13 because: quote removed

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Its now even worse , another child bomber he was only twelve years old child , not even a teenager. www.telegraph.co.uk...

Twelve-year-old suicide bomber kills 31 in Pakistan

A 12-year-old boy dressed in school uniform blew himself up killing 31 army recruits in north-west Pakistan.
The world is plunging to even greater depths of evil depravity with every day that passes.
edit on 10-2-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

First off the story does not mention whether the parents consented. I have a feeling this story has been spun by some rather interesting replies. The child in question was used as a tool by those who could care less about innocent lives.

Right. Everyone's just making assumptions. For all we know, some ass gave the kid a book bag and told him to bring it to his 'brother' who was manning the checkpoint, and that if he did, the kid would get five dollars when he got back. I just made that up, of course, but if you're going to write that the parents strapped bombs to their baby and sent him to die -without any facts to prove that-, then you're doing the same thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Exactly right. Nothing in this article points towards any responsibility from the parents, but rather the Fidayeen-e-Islam group, affiliated with the ultra-wahabbist Taliban. Your notion of it just being some orphan off the street is probably dead-on. Lahore has a massive population of urchins.

These posters tut-tutting about "the parents" are simply going off their own brainwashing / mental conditioning. After all, "everyone knows" that Muslims are savage and mindless, and "everyone knows" tht they happily pack their little kids off to die "all the time." So even when we have a news article that directly contradicts that assumption the sheep bleat it anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Dispatches did a doco 'Pakistan's Taliban Generation'.

It showed how the Taliban in the Swat Valley are brainwashing children some as young as five. There are still
thousands of displaced people living in camps in this area, many are orphans.
The Taliban are active in Karachi, they run religious schools where young boys are brainwashed into thinking to die as a suicide attacker is a blessing.
These children are used as tools and taught to hate from a very early age, this has little to do with the parents it is the religious teachers.

www.channel4.com...

top topics

join