It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mother Jailed For Sending Kids To White School District

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is just idiotic to bring race into it. If a mother wants a "better" or "safer" school for her children, she can not be blamed for that. Taking the time and expense to have a PI trail her to see if she's "breaking the law", that is a waste of time an money.

No black mother is gonna say so and so school is better just because it's predominantly white! Stop playing the race card, people, it's mundane and dated!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is not uncommon as most people think. If school districts really had the man power to investigate residence fraud, I guarantee you they would find more than just a few families who use their aunts, uncles, and ex spouses addresses to send their kids to schools outside their home district. Do you really think this school would of taken the time to investigate this family if these kids were white? Don't kid yourselves, racism is still alive and well in America.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This from a "duplicate" thread I started erroneously:

Will the absurdity ever end. Jailed for wanting a decent education for her kid? I just think this is ridiculous. Surely something could have been worked out besides jail and a criminal record that will follow this woman for the rest of her life. Just tack this on to the countless stories I've seen on ATS about the government run amok.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Race has nothing to do with this story. This is pure race bait. The woman broke the law. She is not permitted to send her kids to a school district she does not live in. If she wants her kids in that school, she should move to that district and pay the taxes to support it.

This is a form of theft from the taxpayers of the district she snuck into. Geesh!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
OP, shame you took the low road on such an important topic. Demeans the entire thing. Your choice of sources and your choice of title define you.

This is not even remotely a Race story and the whole country is sick and tired of Race Baiters. This is a Class story and the discussion should be about how do we level the playing field without resorting to the old failed, already tried idea's spawned by knee jerk reactions like the title of this thread.

Most of us have moved beyond that and those still stuck in the past are in fact becoming the problem.
edit on 1/26/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good for her! After she moved her kids to a new school for their safety, she should have went into a white neighborhood and stole someones car, identity and house too. It would make her kids a lot safer.

She should poison all of the dogs in the neighborhood too since they might bite her kids. With all the dogs dead, her kids will be safer.

... because it's all about the kids!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Does anyone know if her children returned to that school? Since her relative lives in that district, I figured that's where they would attend.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nice title to the thread

Perhaps if she wants such a good education for her children, she should move and pay higher taxes. This has absolutely nothing to do with black and white. It has everything to do with the woman being a liar.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I didn't go to the school in my district. But there are ways you can get around it I had to get an exemption I think it was called basically it let me go to that school even though it was across town. Not sure how it works anywhere else but that option may have been available to her.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think her sentence was extremely harsh. The judge could have sentenced Bolar with a misdemeanor and given her a chance to make some changes and perform public service. This is a case that has sparked outrage and I hope Kelly Williams-Bolar is exonerated. She's going to appeal it. I don't think she deserves to be convicted with a felony.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join