It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Mother Jailed For Sending Kids To White School District

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by jjkenobi
She broke a law by sending her kids to the wrong school. I don't know why the article feels the need to use "BLACK" and "WHITE". You have to attend the school in your district. It's a common sense law for bus routes, class sizes, etc. It's not a race based in any way.

she should have moved to a smaller town. Less crime.

Really?
Really!
I suppose when her and her family are hungry, they should eat cake!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
And how exactly is this racist? Much like police and fire departments, schools are districted for a reason and race has nothing to do with it. Funds are appropriated based on family and housing sizes within the district. This keeps the number of students in the schools down to what the schools can handle. If parents were allowed to put their kids in whatever district they wanted of course the better schools will be overflowing with more kids than they can accommodate. Regardless of how the case was handled or investigated, placing your children into a school district in which you do not live is against the law.

Now do I agree with 10 days in jail? Hell no. But she should be fined or punished for certain. Suck it up or improve yourself and move to a better district.
edit on 1/26/2011 by Terrormaster because: (no reason given)

Have you ever lived in a drug infested war zone? There is no improving that madness. Raising kids in the wild wild west is crazy. Drug dealers,hustlers,prostitutes,murders,rapes,theft,addicts,prison logic (Might == Right) conflict resolution, is not the environment to raise ANYONE.

Move out of that giant prison hellhole. Go to Kansas, or Florida.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
First off, what the hell does this have to do with race? Im not seeing the connection there.

Second, Im in the same boat as this woman. I live in the sticks and my mother lives in town close to one of the best elementary schools in Louisiana. Should I feel bad for using my mothers address for my child to attend a better school? Retorical question. Because I deffinately do not.

Third, what did this have to do about race again?

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

She broke a law by sending her kids to the wrong school. I don't know why the article feels the need to use "BLACK" and "WHITE". You have to attend the school in your district. It's a common sense law for bus routes, class sizes, etc. It's not a race based in any way.

she should have moved to a smaller town. Less crime.

Really?
Really!
I suppose when her and her family are hungry, they should eat cake!

I lived in the projects for 15 years. It sucks. The 'hood in detriot,cleveland(akron),and philly are off the chain.
Hell police are too scared to enter that hellhole. F--- it move to a smaller town with a VASTLY lower crime rate.
That place is too far gone.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
But if a white person did this and got caught, it would just be a crime. When its a black person its racist.
if she wanted her kids to go that school, she would have moved to that township. I dont think she's going to win any mother of the year awards considering she its basically teaching her children to circumvent applicable laws that actually make sense.
edit on 26-1-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: clarity

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
First off, what the hell does this have to do with race? Im not seeing the connection there.

Second, Im in the same boat as this woman. I live in the sticks and my mother lives in town close to one of the best elementary schools in Louisiana. Should I feel bad for using my mothers address for my child to attend a better school? Retorical question. Because I deffinately do not.

Third, what did this have to do about race again?

MOTF!

How is New Orleans? I heard that place was crazy too.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
"The jury deliberated for seven hours and the courtroom was packed as the sentence was handed down."

funny how this sounds so serious and dramatic. i dont know how this is even an issue, let alone jailtime-worthy. even Stalin hounds would shrug this off.
this is a certified bunch of shytheads. they do belong in a pigsty by a trough feeder. can you imagine how her kids must be feeling?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I myself was a child in a situation similar to this. My father was a mean-@ss drunk who lived in one of the worst slums in Houston and I met my mother once when I was 11. My aunt and uncle took me in at a very early age and I lived with them until finishing high school, although there were times I would stay with my dad throughout this period. So, long story short, my 1st grade teacher lived down the street from me and her son was 3 years older than me. We played together our families knew each other, I played little league sports and nothing was ever said, until...I beat her son up in a fight that he started. We were small kids so it wasn't like he had to go to the hospital or was seriously injured, but within a month my aunt got a notice from the school district that I was being expelled and they were considering legal action. I can't help but wonder how this woman's children behaved in school and how that affected the situation.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Well different plans work different places. In a city of 3 million people it doesn't work to let kids go to whatever schools they want. Some schools would end up with class sizes of 100 while others would have 10.

Indeed, good schools would end up with lots of students, bad schools would end up with small number of students. That is what we all want, isnt it?

Also, no school would end up with class size of 100, when the capacity is maxed out, the school will simply not accept more students. And overcrowded school will probably not be considered good, so the system is even self-correcting.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by delicatessen

Well apparently it is a first for such a case to be publicly held.

But at the end of the day, she stole over $30,000 worth of tuition from the school over 2 years.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by delicatessen
"The jury deliberated for seven hours and the courtroom was packed as the sentence was handed down."

funny how this sounds so serious and dramatic. i dont know how this is even an issue, let alone jailtime-worthy. even Stalin hounds would shrug this off.
this is a certified bunch of shytheads. they do belong in a pigsty by a trough feeder. can you imagine how her kids must be feeling?

Perhaps a lynching would have been too suspicious.
I don't know how here children would feel, but I hope they understand that breaking the law is not a good thing, but she had very little resources (and no shovel ready job) and did what she could to provide the safety that a parent should provide.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by delicatessen

Well apparently it is a first for such a case to be publicly held.

But at the end of the day, she stole over $30,000 worth of tuition from the school over 2 years.

I hope a public fund is set up for her.
Apparently the Stimulus package had no effect there in Ohio.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I kind of tuned out at the ridiculous and sensationalist news article title. 'White School District.' lol There's some journalistic integrity for you. MSM and it's race baiting once again.

As for the mother, I feel for her, though. However, if it's that much of an issue then move or send the kids to live with the father then she can get her kids into the 'white school.' lol (I'm still laughing at that description). No need to resort to illegal activities.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I kind of tuned out at the ridiculous and sensationalist news article title. 'White School District.' lol There's some journalistic integrity for you. MSM and it's race baiting once again.

It's almost comical really, especially when we find out her father lives in this "white district".

edit on 26/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Please adjust your post title, friend. the charge was:

She was convicted on two counts of tampering with court records after registering her two girls as living with Williams Bolar’s father when they actually lived with her.

Not "Sending her kids to a White school. The post title is very misleading. Ohio is fully integrated, I see interracial couples all the time here in Ohio, I live in the Southern Quadrant.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

As for the mother, I feel for her, though. However, if it's that much of an issue then move or send the kids to live with the father then she can get her kids into the 'white school.' lol (I'm still laughing at that description). No need to resort to illegal activities.

"sensationalist news article title" perhaps, but attention needs to be drawn to the consequences of the oppressed.
BTW, welcome to my thread. I like your picture of your avatar, a modern day "Joan of Ark."

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Please adjust your post title, friend. the charge was:

She was convicted on two counts of tampering with court records after registering her two girls as living with Williams Bolar’s father when they actually lived with her.

Not "Sending her kids to a White school. The post title is very misleading. Ohio is fully integrated, I see interracial couples all the time here in Ohio, I live in the Southern Quadrant.

The title is not mine. It is from
foxync.com...
The title stands, for it is a direct quote.
Thank you for your reply.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sorry but the race card has been used so many times that it is now maxed out.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Oppressed?

I don't see that to be the case at all, her father lived within this school district, which is how she managed to fake where the kids lived for so long, perhaps she should have moved in with her father if things are as bad as you are making them out to be?

It wouldn't have mattered though, because even if she did live in that district, she couldn't afford the tuition anyway.

edit on 26/1/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
but attention needs to be drawn to the consequences of the oppressed.

But how is she oppressed? Can she not move? Is she being held at gunpoint to live in that school district? Does someone have her shackled to her government housing?

Just something that blows my mind about people. Instead of bettering themselves, they just whine about everything. Again, I feel for the mother (as a mother myself- I would want the best school for my child as well). But if I found myself in her situation, I'd rent whatever apartment I could afford to get my child into a better school. She could also become an activist to clean up the school in her area.

Yes? No? And thanks for the comment about my avatar. It gives me a smile when I see it. lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join