It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of prayer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Have there been test about the power of prayers. Like looking at one with mindeye and seeing something when one is praying? This must have an effect.

Is divine intervertion ever noticed?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Long-Awaited Medical Study Questions the Power of Prayer

Prayers offered by strangers had no effect on the recovery of people who were undergoing heart surgery, a large and long-awaited study has found.

And patients who knew they were being prayed for had a higher rate of post-operative complications like abnormal heart rhythms, perhaps because of the expectations the prayers created, the researchers suggested.

Because it is the most scientifically rigorous investigation of whether prayer can heal illness, the study, begun almost a decade ago and involving more than 1,800 patients, has for years been the subject of speculation.

I don't really know if prayer makes any difference, but it makes the person who's praying feel better, so I don't think it's a bad thing... unless, of course, as the study finds, it actually hurts the people being prayed for... But somehow I doubt prayer was the culprit.

I know if people say that they'll pray for me, I don't mind. I think them. Even though I don't pray myself.
edit on 1/26/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
IMHO, prayer is a relative term, just as a magick spell is a relative term. when like minded people come together for a common purpose, and they raise energy and sent that energy to someone, it arrives and does it's thing, it helps. Sure it works, but people tend to give the credit to some outside personage, and forget about their own personal power. Whether in a church, or a witch's circle, or a Buddhist temple, the effect is the same. We the People are the real power here. Never forget that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

What if not, what if for every wish God has a hand in it and the energies arent flying from one person to another directly. Bad thoughts would be shooting off of yourself the same way and doing harm. I have some bad thoughts sometimes. Jesus Christ shall be your mediator. *Jesus Christ, savior of all!

Oops, spilled a bad thought. Get it. Good we aren't all aligned that way. Maybe the thought came up.. by a girl.

hey lol this blaming girls really helps. I know one day I'll quit and it wont be because of me having one. That won't be the reason.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So do we agree prayer has a workout?

"I'm in such a weird phase in my life"

Just two hours ago I went laying in bed and had a quite lucid dream. Maybe it's because me wearing them crystals, I Just know something changed but I am still not where I should be. pft.

Identity crisis isn't per se the fault of the individual itself.

Somethings got to fit. God!! where are you taking me?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you think prayer is fun, wait until you see the power of thought!
All joking aside, prayer (talking to a 'God') and thought (talking to higher self) both do work because our if we concentrate solely on what we want (that's without greed and making other people miserable) it'll come true with enough 'thought power' or 'faith'. It works, you just have to throw the ego to the side.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Astral projection, do you have a life?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
When all is getting i....n...t.....o p..l.a....c..e

Welcome to the kingdom!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Yes, I know about bad thoughts. Funny thing is, when I think bad thoughts about someone, bad things tend to happen for them. I have learned to be very careful, and learned to control my thoughts in these End Times we are in. Again, I refuse to give over anything to any made up savior or outside false God. If you wish to bow down to something you know not, and be a slave to it, go ahead. It is your choice, we all have such a choice. We are God/Goddess, he and she are not out there, out there are other people like us. Many of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

But even the covens have the Horned god and the Lady. What about Jung? Maybe the gods are the complexes of religions that have been bolstered by years of prayers and sacrifice like the burning times.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
There's also the worship of the genitals

Isn't it right in egypt they worship the fallus. In the bible egypt is a sinfull country. Full of sin. I worship my doodle very much. I love my boner. Erect genitals!

join