It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athene's - Theory of Everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
An interesting clip I thought I would share.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Clip? It's 49 minutes long! Can we have a summary at least?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I think he probably does well to condense a theory of everything into 49 minutes.

How about 'guy drones on for 49 minutes speaking about cool things you would like to hear?'

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Highlander_
reply to post by KatieVA

I think he probably does well to condense a theory of everything into 49 minutes.

How about 'guy drones on for 49 minutes speaking about cool things you would like to hear?'

I asked, because it's good manners to at least post a little summary if you're going to post a video. Y'know, try and sell it a bit. Especially if it's going to take up 49 minutes of my time.
edit on 26-1-2011 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Your right, here is an article on it ;

Article

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

Athene's "theory of everything" starts predictably, repeating the materialistic dogma of neurophysiology that no central "self" or "soul" exists to hold together the random firing of neurons in the brain so as to create a lower order of reality. Indeed, "everything" still belongs to the physical universe - there is no higher order of reality, according to science (and, therefore according to any "theory of everything" that Athene or any scientist could propose). Athene starts with and never leaves the presupposition that there is only one level of reality - the physical universe of particles and forces. But towards the last 20 minutes of the video, his discussion ceases to be coherent but degenerates into scientific gobblygook, in which he creates the illusion of presenting a new understanding of matter and consciousness by distorting concepts of theoretical physics and making totally meaningless statements. Planck's quantisation equation E = hf gets turned for some reason into C = hf, where C is "consciousness" (whatever that is), h is Planck's constant and f is frequency. In his desperate attempt to introduce new mathematics so as to simulate what we expect "theories of everything" to look like, Athene falls into the mistake of misusing the very scientific concepts he wants to replace. A theory of everything has to explain - well, everything. Creating the mere appearance of bridging matter and consciousness simply does not cut it, whilst any such attempt that fails to get to grips with religion because its underlying philosophy dismisses it as a pseudo-problem from the very start must be necessarily incomplete. But then, what should one expect from someone who seems to be an academic scientist whose epistemology throws the spiritual dimension out of the universe as a superstitious fantasy? When your discipline artificially defines what "everything" is in materialistic terms, it is hardly surprising that the resulting theory will be short-sighted, narrow and - well - still materialistic. But then such conceits of the academic mind must, inevitably, be such because they always have to fit the prevailing scientific paradigm that everything is but particles and their forces. True "theories of everything" transcend the current scientific paradigm by joining together ideas long thought to conflict with one another. Athene's thoughts nicely describe what scientists currently think about reality. But they don't amount to a "theory of everything."

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Some gamer does a year’s worth of reading and thinks he’s solved science. I’m sceptical.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
"These empathy neurons connect us to other people, allowing us to feel what others feel". Thank goodness no one can feel another persons feelings. Sure we all have the same basic emotions but it almost appears as if there is some suggestion other people can shut off their own feeling, look inside another and copy that feeling inside themselves. Absurd, only the highly manipulative would want others to believe such things are possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Is he the guy in the beard and curly hair in that article?

If so, that bastard looks exactly - exactly - like me, only I don't do hair on my head or face. I never had curly hair, and got bored with the hair sh*t last year. The guy even wear my glasses. It's like someone's goofing on me.

Christ. I hate it when someone looks like me. Makes me dislike them and then I feel bad because I dislike them due to no fault of their own. Then I feel guilty about it and resent them for making me feel guilty. I better never meet this guy.
edit on 1/26/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hmmm... inaccurate physics aside, the history of this fellow would seem to indicate that this is not a serious thing.

iPower and Athene, Belgian YouTubers who know how to 'game' the system

Group's Movie Site

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Flagged it, Just did a search, cant believe this has so little attention.
its really good.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Highlander_
reply to post by KatieVA

I totally agree I had the same verdict on everything before I watched the video ... I just called it the energy grid.

top topics

join