It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had my PC desktop flicker, like a screenshot taken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Like 5 mins ago, my wife's PC desktop just flickered like someone had taken a screenshot while on ATS, a quick half a sec flash of what seemed to be like the image you get when hooked into another PC from IT guys at work.

anyone else seen/experience this ??

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Printscreen button does that

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Yes, it happens several times a day, both at work and at home. I think it is just a glich in windows. I happens if I am on or off line.
I would not think too much of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
THEY ARE WATCHING YOU.

It's time to pour water on your computer, eliminate it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Is your device drivers, and software for your graphics card (onboard or card) updated?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Haha, how rare...same thing happened to me too last night and I can't say it's ever happened before. This monitor is really old though, so I doubt there's any fancy camera built in!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
im hacking you computer prepare to be boarded

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
it's a normal thing when GPU driver restarts the graphics card because of some internal problem. it may reboot the GPU or let the system crash. happens sometimes, at least with AMD/ATI hardware - their driver can do that, but i guess it may be the case with all other vendors as well.

calm down. if they would be watching you, you wouldn't notice. you can be sure about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is really strange. I experienced the same thing also on my monitor. It flickered split second like electricity went off and on again. I suspected a hardware glitch though.

Strange someone mentioned it. Strange enough to be coincident.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Project Tempest.

Electronic surveillance program done without needing any physical access to your computer.

They can read the emissions it makes and then back engineer exactly what it was up to.

You can read all about it here(PDF).

The only physical evidence that is admissible is actually on your computer or logged via your ISP now - but they already know what you are if they are keeping an eye on you.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
When accessing any device that is not Tempest Proof, there is no need to be physically connected. You can actually read the monitor display, using its own emissions, from about 100ft. That was in the 80s and using the old CRT monitors.

If I was to use this equipment to spy on you, there would be no flickers or indeed any indication that I was there.
BTW, if any of you can get on a Tempest course, these days, you can earn big bucks.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I had my monitor flicker a few weeks ago, then it flickered alot, then it wouldnt work.

I had to buy a new monitor.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Kill your PC, for it is watching you to go mad.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Poltergeist ... ???

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would not worry about it - most desktops have a black background and so unless you also saw a flash when the flicker happened I doubt they captured anything usable.

top topics

join